English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 05 September 2017, 13:04   #161
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Hey Mick, welcome back! How are you? What's new? Still @ Saturn forum?
Yea mate, same old really hope you're well!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 05 September 2017, 16:28   #162
deicidal
Registered Insane

Played it for a short while got off the first planet and haven't touched it since, can't say it was gripping me.
Old 06 September 2017, 18:16   #163
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deicidal View Post
Played it for a short while got off the first planet and haven't touched it since, can't say it was gripping me.
So in basics, the same experience I had.
Old 04 January 2018, 23:15   #164
Akira

Ever since this was announced it made me want a PS4 real bad to play it.
Now I have one and No Man's Sky can be bought for next to nothing, so I did.

Really looking forward to spend this weekend with it. I think in general people gave it a huge hard time because of overhyping, misconceptions about how the game was, and lots of bugs at release date. But we'll see!
Old 05 January 2018, 00:59   #165
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Ever since this was announced it made me want a PS4 real bad to play it.
Now I have one and No Man's Sky can be bought for next to nothing, so I did.

Really looking forward to spend this weekend with it. I think in general people gave it a huge hard time because of overhyping, misconceptions about how the game was, and lots of bugs at release date. But we'll see!
Pfff, I'd rather play Doki Doki Literature Club again, it's more fun. And that's a visual novel about cute manga girls baking cupcakes, writing poems and reading books where you have about 8 choices to make and the rest of it you're just clicking through dialogue and trying to figure out which girl is going to be the ultimate Waifu.

No it's really not (be warned), but so No Man's Sky did not have what was clearly promised was going to be in there and thus I fully understand the backlash it got whereas in most other cases it really was just overhyping that did the deed. I guess I'm sort of making a point here, but I'm more prudently admitting I played and loved Doki Doki Literature Club; send help urgently.
Old 05 January 2018, 17:15   #166
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

If you like space exploration/fight/missions etc. play Elite: Dangerous - much better game IMHO. Add to it Voice Attack and you will have all new experience in gaming.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 05 January 2018, 19:02   #167
Akira

Elite: Dangerous is still a bit too salty for me at the moment.

I really don't know what kind of game players you guys are, but I think the main problem with No Man's Sky is too high expectations. At $7, I really don't expect it to change my cosmogony If I had paid $60 maybe I would think differently, and although I was prepared to do that, I couldn't afford the PS4 to go with it at the time. So, lucky me now.

gimbal: going OT but funny you mention DDLC, the developer is a huge Amiga fan who donated an A500 to me for PT-1210 dev/testing purposes! We talked a lot about Megaball, Poing and Scorched Tanks.
Old 05 January 2018, 21:03   #168
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Elite: Dangerous was 5 or 6 bucks on last steam sale.

I agree with you that what you pay for game makes difference, but also delaying purchase ensures that you get most bugs fixed at the time you get the game.

I rarely get anything new(er), except stuff for my son. Just got him Star Wars Battlefront II for PS4.
Old 05 January 2018, 21:22   #169
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
the main problem with No Man's Sky is too high expectations.
No, it's about expecting what the devs actually promised/advertised/mentioned.
Old 05 January 2018, 22:56   #170
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Elite: Dangerous was 5 or 6 bucks on last steam sale.
I don't play many games on my computer, so I gotta wait for some PS4 sale. 80% of my Steam library is unplayed because of this (I don't have the computer to play them, I never liked playing games on computers except the very old ones)
Old 08 January 2018, 16:48   #171
Akira

Well I spent all Saturday, literally, playing No Man's Sky. What can I say? It's a great game and everything I expected from it, I'm very glad I picked it up despite the hate.

All I saw when I first took a glance at No Man's Sky is "this is like Frontier but you can actually get out in planets", and that's all I wanted, and I got all that and more than I expected. I still like Frontier to this day, and you cannot tell me it isn't repetitive as fuck! Also because of the hardware limitations, it obviously is much more limited, and I am still fine with that.

So yeah what if all the animals and plants look kinda the same? All planets and systems in Frontier look the same. All space stations look basically the same. All on-board attendants at planets and stations look the same... you get my drift.

Sure, technology has gotten better, but not that much (I mean we are't in Black Mirror S04E01 territory YET :P).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
No, it's about expecting what the devs actually promised/advertised/mentioned.
This is my problem with the criticism, I guess: you guys make it sound like this is the first time in videogame history that a developer promises, mentions and even shows running pre-release features that end up axed on the final release. I can maybe understand this attitude from a 15 year old who doesn't have that much history playing games, but all of us should know better.

Do you even remember, for example, all the things SWOS had in it and were touted and shown before release, that got axed at release time? Because I do. I also remember all the drama about it and Sensible Software issuing explanations and apologies afterwards, even a PATCH disk on the cover of a magazine, something kinda new for back then (patches nowadays are normal, even on launch day).

I guess to each one their own, but I just wanted to give a little bit of my perspective with the game. I see myself playing it for quite a while.
Old 08 January 2018, 17:05   #172
zenox98
Komakino

Couldn't agree with you more, Akira. I also can't understand the hate. All devs overspin their product -big deal.

I picked up the Gog version for a ridiculously low price when on offer and have spent hundreds of hours playing NMS. Auto updates via Galaxy - sorted.

Every time a major update - 1.2, 1.3 etc - I relish the prospect of starting from a new game again.

Needs a few more features yet, but worth every penny.
Old 08 January 2018, 17:37   #173
Akira

Good to see someone else likes this much maligned game!
I got it for $7 ($9 shipped) used, in mint condition, for my PS4.

The saddest part about this whole deal is that, very possibly, these guys will not make another game, after how this one went down with public opinion. I think these guys are really talented and that is a shame. Hopefully I am wrong, because I'd love to see what they come up with next.
Old 08 January 2018, 19:24   #174
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
you guys make it sound like this is the first time in videogame history that a developer promises, mentions and even shows running pre-release features that end up axed on the final release.
The difference is, now that we're adults and have the internet to express our opinions, we can tell the devs we don't like what they're doing.
It's just a game, maybe they'll fix it, life goes on.
Old 08 January 2018, 21:26   #175
Dunny

And we told them, they did fix it, and people moved on.

I'm still playing btw - on my third run through now and still not bored.
Old 10 January 2018, 01:31   #176
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Pbut I'm more prudently admitting I played and loved Doki Doki Literature Club; send help urgently.
Sorry to go OT again but after you mentioning this game and me having it in my Steam library for too long without trying it, I gave it a go, and, well, I'm so impressed! Maybe not a game for everyone, but I sure am loving it.

So thanks for the prod.

Let's go back to hate on No Man's Sky. NOT REALLY
Old 10 January 2018, 08:30   #177
Raion-Fox
Inari's Faithful Servant

Total flop, but a little underrated in some respects!
Old 10 January 2018, 23:31   #178
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Haters gonna say its fake, said Justin...

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 11 January 2018, 18:32   #179
Shoonay
Global Caturator

I'll probably try it when it goes "free" in Humble Monthly or get it at a more reasonable price in a bundle, play for a few (dozens?) of hours and forgetti mommas spaghetti...
AdSense AdSense