English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 24 August 2017, 19:33   #1
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Age of Empires IV announced

http://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-empires-iv-announced/

Quote:
Age of Empires IV is in development by Relic Entertainment, creators of the Company of Heroes series and other beloved strategy games.
Other than its existence, and the intention to publish the game exclusively on Windows 10, publisher Microsoft Studios revealed almost nothing about the project. Judging by the animated concept art in the trailer, Age IV won't take the series to a singular new era. Instead, a variety of armies from previous games in the series are featured in the footage: Native Americans, British Redcoats, Roman legionnaires, Japanese samurai, and others. It's unclear whether these are the units or factions we'll control in Age of Empires IV. Hopefully they won't take the form of individually purchasable armies, as Relic did with Sega's Company of Heroes 2.

Can't wait to see what they will do with this franchise... Hope for something playable and good
AdSense AdSense  
Old 24 August 2017, 22:13   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Meh. I was a huge AOE2 fan, but this kind of game just doesn't do it for me anymore; the game mechanics are very much refined over the years but they are always the same game mechanics with the same basic flow.

I'd be interested in another Warcraft only for the fact that it tells a story too (from two sides) and can have some interesting characters thrown into the mix. If AOE4 can have some of that, I'm interested.
Old 25 August 2017, 01:08   #3
jmmijo

Because I'm a collector I'll probably still get it
Old 25 August 2017, 15:42   #4
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Meh. I was a huge AOE2 fan, but this kind of game just doesn't do it for me anymore; the game mechanics are very much refined over the years but they are always the same game mechanics with the same basic flow.

I'd be interested in another Warcraft only for the fact that it tells a story too (from two sides) and can have some interesting characters thrown into the mix. If AOE4 can have some of that, I'm interested.
AOE3 has a story behind it. Not sure what more is needed. Sure, it is not as interesting story as Warcraft's story, but is not that bad either.

I will probably get it, eventually, just the same as I will eventually get Civ 6. Too cheap to spend 50-60 bucks on single game... and still own hundreds that I did not even try yet.
Old 25 August 2017, 22:13   #5
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I will probably get it, eventually, just the same as I will eventually get Civ 6.
I'm not so certain about Civ 6 myself yet; to me Firaxis is in a downward spiral. Civ 5 only became good with the two DLCs (a ridiculous monetary investment), Beyond Earth was never really that well-designed at any point in time and I'm getting the same vibe from Civ 6. I think I'll just give it a pass.
Old 26 August 2017, 10:01   #6
Cpt. Hindsight

Relic doing an AoE. Is that good news?
Errrm, no.
AdSense AdSense