English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 11 September 2012, 04:18   #201
UncleSpam

Toni,

Beta 17 looks good, with the exception of certain masks being applied in the Filter section.

For example "Art_Twisty.png" will cause the issue to appear, but less pronounced than before.

Without masks enabled, the issue is resolved.

-Bogdan

Last edited by UncleSpam; 11 September 2012 at 04:28. Reason: Additional testing information
Old 11 September 2012, 08:08   #202
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSpam View Post
Toni,

Beta 17 looks good, with the exception of certain masks being applied in the Filter section.

For example "Art_Twisty.png" will cause the issue to appear, but less pronounced than before.

Without masks enabled, the issue is resolved.
Do you mean it is the mask only that has 1:1 pixel mapping problem? Amiga screen behind is always fine?

Has it always been like this on your system? What GPU?

EDIT: Attach also configuration.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 11 September 2012 at 15:30.
Old 12 September 2012, 01:53   #203
UncleSpam

Yes, the Amiga screen, by itself, is fine.

The issue only appears with the certain masks enabled.

See attached file for my test config and another screen grab.

I'm using the Nvidia Quadro FX 770M graphics card on a Dell Precision M4400 with up-to-date certified drivers.

Regards.
-Bogdan
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae_beta_20120911.zip (18.7 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by UncleSpam; 12 September 2012 at 01:58.
Old 13 September 2012, 01:08   #204
Leandro Jardim

The logs. The problem begins when I copy the contents of the new scalos beta onto the image (i do not execute it). I copy also "copymem.lha" (Aminet) and a backup of old ENVARC. Its also a 3.1 system, and I use NewIcons in Workbench, and he problem arrises when I view the drawer where I unpacked the Scalos archive or other drawers near it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (13.8 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 13 September 2012 at 02:25.
Old 13 September 2012, 08:18   #205
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
The logs. The problem begins when I copy the contents of the new scalos beta onto the image (i do not execute it). I copy also "copymem.lha" (Aminet) and a backup of old ENVARC. Its also a 3.1 system, and I use NewIcons in Workbench, and he problem arrises when I view the drawer where I unpacked the Scalos archive or other drawers near it.
What "problem"? Why do you think this has anything to do with emulation? Log only contains multiple sessions, nothing interesting there.
Old 13 September 2012, 21:09   #206
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
What "problem"? Why do you think this has anything to do with emulation? Log only contains multiple sessions, nothing interesting there.
The problems are from these three posts. Like I said, I would post the logs that would be possible to get with the problem that I have:

Quote:
I tried my HD images in latest beta, and they dont work. I made some to work, but for some reason, AmigaOS lock-up during a directory read. They use RDBs and seems that WinUAE has corrupted the images that I tested because they doesnt work anymore in any version of WinUAE.
Quote:
Latest beta (B16). I will supply the logs for you, I felt it could be important but that happens during some certain file management operations that I did in the last two tries, for the last two images that I worked into, and I need to track these operations and the logs.

The problem begins because for some reason, WinUAE doesnt loads the hardfile. Here are the first logs.
Quote:
I think I also managed to duplicate this. It is related to CDFS fix, not yet sure what goes wrong.

EDIT: This was brown paper bag bug. Any non-UAE controller hardfile/drive won't work in b16.. Unless it is the first one in list.

EDIT2: http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip should fix it.
Old 13 September 2012, 21:28   #207
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

But that one was already fixed in b17. Are you really sure it is same "problem"?

Problem was non-UAE controller HDFs (For example IDE emulation) not getting mounted and your log shows HDFs are detected as expected.

"Problem" isn't very good description..

EDIT: Explain exactly what happens because I am sure your problem is totally different than I originally thought. (bug does not trigger if you only have one harddrive)

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 13 September 2012 at 21:34.
Old 13 September 2012, 22:30   #208
Leandro Jardim

I changed to B16 and installed Scalos Beta, but I dont liked it, so I deinstalled it. After this I got the problems. Always when I listed the hard file T drawer with the temporary unpacked archive of Scalos, the icons doesnt are shown as it should and Workbench locks up.

So after this, I deleted the hard file and got my backup copy. Copied my new s directory and env-archive that I got from the old hardfile to it. And copied Scalos again. Happened the same problem.

Not only the directory with the temporary archive of Scalos hangs up, but others as well, and my Windows directory mounted as a directory file system. I do not execute anything from it, only list its contents with Workbench. Its strange because the Windows directory is handled by WinUAE, not 68K, I guess.

So I executed PFSDoctor on all Amiga partitions but it doesnt shows anything wrong. I also always use a anti-virus on my Amiga partitions, doing a virus check on boot and a automatic scanning during a session. And the anti-virus doesnt shows nothing wrong, with zero suspicious vectors. I dont use too many patches, only NewIcons, DefIcons, BlazeWcp and CopyMem.

After this, I can even remove the directories with problems and recreate them, but the same problem arises. With the old backup that I have, that was not modified at all with B16/B17, this problem doesnt happens.
Old 14 September 2012, 17:02   #209
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I still don't see anything related to emulation, just some AmigaOS-side software incompatibility or something. (Did you even test with older version?)
Old 15 September 2012, 01:38   #210
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
I still don't see anything related to emulation, just some AmigaOS-side software incompatibility or something. (Did you even test with older version?)
I discovered whats wrong with my "Amiga", its the ENVARC:deficons.prefs that was corrupted by some reason. Strange, that file is only read by DefIcons and the image is OK...

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 15 September 2012 at 18:35.
Old 16 September 2012, 08:55   #211
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Toni, for the record: the same AmiKit folder (1.6, emulated as HDD) that works with 2.4.0 gurus with 2.5.0 latest beta. No UAE crashes, but guest OS trouble. If you want me to run some tests or send some logs... Let me know.
Old 16 September 2012, 09:19   #212
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.vince View Post
Toni, for the record: the same AmiKit folder (1.6, emulated as HDD) that works with 2.4.0 gurus with 2.5.0 latest beta. No UAE crashes, but guest OS trouble. If you want me to run some tests or send some logs... Let me know.
You were supposed to test latest official version before posting here and 2.4.0 is not latest

At least include logs from non-working and working setup.
Old 16 September 2012, 11:20   #213
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

I tested the one that came with it. Guess that was for a reason.

I used the exact same config for both. Will prepare a package with logs, config (based on QuickStart with just HDD and RTG added).
Old 16 September 2012, 19:58   #214
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Find also first beta that has the problem, if possible. Of course it can be simple Amiga software bug that didn't trigger until memory layout or something changed.
Old 23 September 2012, 15:09   #215
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2500b18.zip

Beta 18:

- FPS and CPU% react quicker now. Can Show previously hidden CPU usage spikes. NOTE: CPU% now showing "myserious" usage spikes does not mean emulation has become slower!
- Automatically limit tablet mode X and Y coordinate range to prevent 16-bit signed overflows if tablet has large resolution. (not confirmed)
- Always generate full size mask texture, workaround for mask pixel mapping errors in some scaling modes.
- Only release pressed keys if window or screen gets reopened (prevents stuck keys), not when any graphics related config option changes.
- Do not allow GUI resize if GUI is larger than fullscreen resolution because Windows may automatically resize it to fit on screen, making GUI completely unusable.
- Always recalculate Display panel horiz/vert centering option internal values when configuration changes.
- 68030+ CPU and more compatible checkbox checked: enable very basic prefetch emulation, only 68000-68020 have more complex prefetch emulation.
- JIT + more compatible also enables basic prefetch. Only works if code is not yet translated. (Not much point but it was easy to do)
- Added route all MIDI In data to MIDI Out configuration option.
- Improved 68030 MMU instruction decoding. WHDLoad + MMU option enabled + 68030 CPU does not crash anymore. (No, there still is no 68030 MMU emulation, it is only emulating 68EC030 without MMU circuitry which probably does not exist in real world + hack for A3000 1.4 ROM)
- Few (rare) variants of MOVES didn't increase PC correctly.
- BSR.L was emulated as 68020+ instruction on 68000/010. (BCC.L was correct)
- For some reason 68000 BSR.B and BSR.W address exception stack frame PC field points to new odd PC, instead of address of BSR opcode.
Old 23 September 2012, 20:50   #216
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Nice no probs thus far in what i play anyway that's for classicwb and gamebase... Always keep a check on the latest builds, thanks
Old 29 September 2012, 01:47   #217
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Just played stunt car racer using gamebase and i'm getting mad flickering in the lower half of the screen when the car ends up on the track, main menu is fine... Using latest beta ^, it's set to full screen/SuperSai
Old 29 September 2012, 10:40   #218
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Just played stunt car racer using gamebase and i'm getting mad flickering in the lower half of the screen when the car ends up on the track, main menu is fine... Using latest beta ^, it's set to full screen/SuperSai
Most likely it is game issue with too fast CPU option, last few official versions have increased CPU speed when chipset was in use. Probably also nothing to do with this beta series .
Old 01 October 2012, 19:44   #219
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2500b19.zip

Beta 19:

- GamePorts panel Test function now shows all currently mapped input target(s). Can be used to test any kind of input event mapping.
- Do not map 3rd button to joystick/pad with more than 2 buttons if GamePorts panel gameport mode is joystick. Joystick is meant to be max 2-button, non-pullup resistor game controller.
- Directory filesystem ACTION_DISK_INFO InfoData->id_Inuse is now non-zero if any files or locks are open. (Was previously always zero)
- Use D3D (if available) to fetch GPU names listed in monitor selection GUI. Should now show correct GPU name when running on hybrid GPU systems.
- GUI CD audio volume control added.
- Standard PAL/NTSC mode horizontal position (without filters or centering enabled) is not slightly shifted anymore, not sure when this changed, probably in some update that improved programmed mode display positioning.

EDIT: Horizontal position change wasn't such a good idea after all..

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 02 October 2012 at 16:58.
Old 07 October 2012, 13:33   #220
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2500b20.zip

Beta 20:

- Reduced Gayle based configuration CIA memory bank size to 4096 bytes, only accesses to bfdxxx and bfexxx goes to CIA chips if Gayle.
- Reverted b19 horizontal change, I forgot that it was made to fit max overscan modes better.. (Manually adding "gfx_horizontal_tweak=8" to config file can be used as a workaround, if needed for some reason)
- RTC update in b11 was not compatible with KS 1.x.
- improved RF5C01A RTC emulation, previously KS2.0+ detected stopped clock and attempted to reset it (which is no-op because emulated clock's time is currently read-only) and after reset it finally read the time.
- RTC year value is saved differently depending on OS version, Pre-2.0: RTC year value = current year - 1900, 2.0+: year value = last 2 digits. Both methods supported when reading. WinUAE now uses pre-2.0 method if MSM clock chip (because this is the only type that KS1.x supports), 2.0+ if RF clock chip, previously always used -1900 method.
- RTC 12/24h bit emulated, this is not used by AOS.
- RTC time/date, alarm and memory data save/load to file supported (alarm time/date, note that alarm interrupt pin is not connected in Amigas, and 104 bits of memory, used mainly for A3000 SCSI settings, included with RF clock chip type). Date/time ignored when loading.
- added win32.gui_active_page=name, sets default GUI panel after emulation has been started (Old win32.gui_page = before emulation starts)
- In some situations adv. chipset may have used incompatible data stored in config file even if compatible settings was ticked.
- Syncronize clock on the fly CIA TOD adjustment is now only active if heartbeat signal (b11) is detected.
- b11 heartbeat system was not fully disabled when UAE boot rom was unavailable.
- On screen led HD/CD/NVRAM indicator is blank if device is not available (like floppies already did).