English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 05 November 2018, 17:45   #1
jamielemon
Zone Friend

[Found: Swords of Twilight & Legend of Lothian] Help me remember these game names...

I'm stuck trying to remember the names of two Amiga games I played back in the day. They were both RPGs. I played them on my A500 so they won't have been AGA games.

This first one, was vaguely Zelda like (though I hadn't played Zelda at the time so I might be remembering it wrong). There are only really two things I remember about it, the first was that 4 players could play simultaneously ( I think, I never did it), each controlling a character from a top-down view.
The other thing was a method of travel it used which was called the Rainbow Bridge or something similar, and it let you travel between different parts of the world. All I remember about this is it was very colourful, and you got to see your characters running along the road with lots of bright flashing colours on screen.

Hopefully someone will remember that one - this next one might be a bit trickier, because it was a PD game.
Now, literally all I remember about this one was that it was kind of an Ultima rip-off, but much more primitive than Ultima 5, which I also had on the Amiga at the time. So basically - just a PD Ultima clone - not a lot to go on, sorry! The only other clue I have is that it was almost certainly reviewed in Amiga Format as that's where I got most of my recommendations for PD games from.

Last edited by jamielemon; 11 December 2018 at 20:30. Reason: found
Old 05 November 2018, 17:58   #2
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamielemon View Post
The other thing was a method of travel it used which was called the Rainbow Bridge or something similar, and it let you travel between different parts of the world. All I remember about this is it was very colourful, and you got to see your characters running along the road with lots of bright flashing colours on screen.
Not sounding familiar to me...
Rainbow Bridge? bright flashing colours?

Um.. were you on any pharmaceuticals at the time you were playing said game? ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamielemon View Post
Hopefully someone will remember that one - this next one might be a bit trickier, because it was a PD game.
Now, literally all I remember about this one was that it was kind of an Ultima rip-off, but much more primitive than Ultima 5, which I also had on the Amiga at the time. So basically - just a PD Ultima clone - not a lot to go on, sorry! The only other clue I have is that it was almost certainly reviewed in Amiga Format as that's where I got most of my recommendations for PD games from.
Probably not it, but I seem to remember a PD Ultima-like game called Zerg (I think?).
Old 06 November 2018, 01:29   #3
Nobby_UK

Rainbow Bridge makes me think of Heimdall
Old 06 November 2018, 10:15   #4
Fiery Phoenix

Speris Legacy for the first? Think it was 1 player only though
Old 06 November 2018, 10:25   #5
jamielemon
Zone Friend

Thanks for the guesses but nothing matches so far.
However from my Googling I did find the second game - the PD Ultima rip off which I am now 99% sure is Legend of Lothian.
Turns out its not as obscure as I thought it would be, even a few Youtube videos about.
Old 06 November 2018, 13:28   #6
Cherno

There was an Ultima clone on one of the Fish Disks, I remember playing it for a bit. I wasn't Legend of Lothian though, it lacked the colorful icons at the bottom. I will try to find the name of it once I get back home (vacationing on Tenerife atm).
Old 10 November 2018, 22:17   #7
Rotareneg

Antepenult perhaps? http://aminet.net/package/game/role/antep
Old 10 November 2018, 22:30   #8
DamienD
Banned

Yeah, similar thread on LemonAmiga: Looking for name of 'Ultima clone' game [Solved: Antepenult]
Old 26 November 2018, 01:19   #9
Shadowfire

How about "Swords of Twilight"?
http://hol.abime.net/2248

Last edited by Shadowfire; 29 November 2018 at 03:10.
Old 11 December 2018, 20:29   #10
jamielemon
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
How about "Swords of Twilight"?
http://hol.abime.net/2248

Thanks! That is in fact one of the games I was thinking of - not the Ultima clone though - the multiplayer one.
Now I understand why my plan of searching Hall of Light for all Amiga simultaneous 4-player games (there can't be that many of them, right?) didn't work. Memory failure - its actually a 3-player game, not a 4-player one, as I'd thought.
Stuck on another game now, possibly even more obscure - will post a new thread ...
Old 11 December 2018, 20:54   #11
DamienD
Banned

Great that these have now been found jamielemon

Thread title updated accordingly