English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinFellow

Old 18 November 2006, 19:03   #1
elector

Cannot save game play in Deuteros

Hi All,

I'm not new to the Amiga, but am with these emulation programs !

I purchaised the Amiga forever plus and loaded it onto my pc. I also downloaded the adf files for Deuteros ( used to play it for hours a few years ago and recently had the urge to play it again ! )

I tried to get it to run using WinUAE but without much success. I have got it to run smoothly using WinFellow. My problem occurs when I go to save the game, just get Non Game Disk regardless of what I do.

I have tried to create an adf file both manually and via WinUAE, two actually in WinUAE, standard disk and custom disk. When I go to save I F11 and change DF0 to this destination, but no success I'm affraid.

My question here is am I missing something really silly or is Deuteros one of these games that requires something a bit special to get it to save?

Anybody experienced the same problem with this game ?

Any advice would be much appreciated and would save me having to pay christmas prices on A1200 or so on Ebay ! ( I have the original disks for Deuteros !!!! boxed and complete ! )

Thanks all !

Old 18 November 2006, 19:42   #2
DamienD
Banned

Hey elector,

Welcome to EAB

Hmmm, don't really have that much experience with WinFellow. Sorry

Also, unfortunately WinFellow doesn't get updated much these days...

I would recommend trying to get it running in WinUAE. If you are unable to get saves working via disks you can always use Save States (see http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=emu...#faq_savestate)

Maybe post a new thread in prb.Games, mention that you are using WinUAE and let us know what the problem seems to be. A lot more people will be able to help out then
Old 18 November 2006, 20:30   #3
P-J

I don't use save disks, but I do believe that BTTR hosted a lot of them for games where save disks could only be created on a real Amiga (?).

You might be able to find some pre-made save disks by searching around a bit!
Old 18 November 2006, 21:30   #4
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
I don't use save disks, but I do believe that BTTR hosted a lot of them for games where save disks could only be created on a real Amiga (?).
Thanks for the reminder P-J

I grabbed a lot of BTTR save disks before the site went down, pretty sure Deuteros was one of them...

Will check now and upload to The Zone!

@elector: to access The Zone! you need to http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item

...but I would still recommend using WinUAE instead as it's being developed quite frequently
Old 18 November 2006, 21:49   #5
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
...but I would still recommend using WinUAE instead as it's being developed quite frequently
I would second this. Although WinFellow is 'easier' to use since it's got a much more spartan interface, you should be able to achieve pretty much anything with WinUAE. It's been ages since I last had a problem running a game released pre-1996.

If you want some help with WinUAE, please let us know your problems. It is much more likely you will have success with WinUAE!
Old 18 November 2006, 22:01   #6
DamienD
Banned

Just to clarify...

It's not that I'm slating WinFellow. I've never actually used it so who am I to comment???

...but I've heard great things, I think the strongest point being that it runs better than WinUAE on older, less powerful hardware.

I'm sure Worfje has done a damn fine job with it, I've just never needed to use it has my PCs / laptops are decent spec

...my main point being that support wise WinUAE is the way to go.
Old 23 November 2006, 15:10   #7
elector

Hi P-J and DamienD, thanks very much for you comments above.

I have played around with WinUAE and have finaly managed to get Deuteros to work with it !!! I have also found that as suggested above, the save states works fine for what I want, ie saving the game when I've done for that session rather than leaving it running for months until I've finished it !

All good stuff and now a happy Amiga games player again thanks to you !

No doubt I'll be back on these forums again at a later date with some other silly question or two !

Much appreciated !

Regards
S.

Old 23 November 2006, 15:24   #8
elector

Hi, me again !

Just to add that actually using save states means that the game is instantly re-loaded rather than having to select DF0 twice whilst loading the original game, Brill !

My hardware is OK, Intel E6600 clocked at 3ghz, 4gb xms2 memory, 1TB sata II 300 hard disk space and 512mb XFX 7950GT grahpics. Seems to cope with most things with a zing !

Regards
S.

Old 23 November 2006, 15:35   #9
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
deuteros uses its own save disks. you have to format one using the format option in the save game screen. (just insert a blank adf, I remember it working in winuae)

deuteros was one of my fave games back then, and one of the few amiga games I had the patience to finish to the end on the real amiga
Old 23 November 2006, 17:42   #10
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coze
deuteros uses its own save disks. you have to format one using the format option in the save game screen. (just insert a blank adf, I remember it working in winuae)
I also put the Save Disk from BTTR (Detroitsave.zip) in The Zone! for elector just in case he wanted to try this with WinFellow or WinUAE
Old 24 November 2006, 11:33   #11
elector

Hi DamienD,

thanks for reminding me of the upload above, have now down loaded it and will play later on to see if I can make that option work to !

Getting into this WinUAE proggy now !

Old 27 January 2007, 13:06   #12
Deus

save game

I just created a savegame disc with WinUAE, email me at imperial_konsul@hotmail.com if U need a pre-made save disc for Deuteros.
As usual with internet material I take no responsibility for any damage that might occur to ure computer using this savedisc.