English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 25 November 2018, 12:20   #1
gjb1985

Where to find proper lha files for my tf328?

Please note that I'm a complete noob in this. I've heard that you can burn lha files to a cd and then copy them onto the flashcart through the cd32 cd-rom drive.

I know this is not the most efficient way, but probably the easiest way for me as I don't like to remove my the tf328 cart out of my cd32.

Problem is when looking for whdload games I only get very small lha files like 42kb. these files can't possibly be working, can they? Some are much bigger like 1.5 mb. When using whdload.com I don't see any lha files at all. Only zip files and when extracted all the data but not main lha file.

Can anyone help me out here?
Old 25 November 2018, 12:25   #2
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjb1985 View Post
Problem is when looking for whdload games I only get very small lha files like 42kb. these files can't possibly be working, can they? Some are much bigger like 1.5 mb. When using whdload.com I don't see any lha files at all. Only zip files and when extracted all the data but not main lha file.
I guess you are talking about downloading the files from http://www.whdload.de/? These are just the slaves and require the games / demos to be installed...

Download WHDLoad installs that are ready after extraction from the EAB File Server and Retroplay's folder: Commodore_Amiga/Retroplay
Old 25 November 2018, 12:39   #3
gjb1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I guess you are talking about downloading the files from http://www.whdload.de/? These are just the slaves and require the games / demos to be installed...

Download WHDLoad installs that are ready after extraction from the EAB File Server and Retroplay's folder: Commodore_Amiga/Retroplay
Thank you. Still when download whdload files I get zip files and not .lha files.

I downloaded The Settlers for instance and it's a 1.8 mb zip file, but I need .lha files for my tf328 I think.
Old 25 November 2018, 13:59   #4
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I don't know what you've downloaded exactly, but Retroplays latest WHDLoad installs in the A-Z folders are always in lha archives.

Commodore_Amiga/Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/
Old 25 November 2018, 14:03   #5
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjb1985 View Post
Thank you. Still when download whdload files I get zip files and not .lha files.
You sure you're downloading from the EAB File Server and Retroplay's folder: Commodore_Amiga/Retroplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I don't know what you've downloaded exactly, but Retroplays latest WHDLoad installs in the A-Z folders are always in lha archives.
Exactly

Old 25 November 2018, 22:48   #6
spudje

Just take a longer IDE cable that runs out of the case, and the CF card adapter is reachable. That's how I do it. Easy swapping CF cards without opening the case.