English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 24 March 2007, 18:54   #1
microslave
Amiga 1000 [1986]

[Found: "Megaforce Tron" on "Hotest Stuffs in 1988"] Looking for a Tron clone...

Hi All,

I remember playing a non-commercial Tron game with some sound samples (hope I don't mix up anything here).
Game was a late 80s Tron (might have been 87-90 perhaps and bird view for gameplay of course), and started with some demo with a sound sample of MI 2 ("Another visitor, stay awhile, stay forever!") and also contained music with a sound sample from the german Tron movie (yes, the Disney movie) like "Er ist ein User. Eliminiere ihn einfach!" (He's a user, just eliminate him.)
I found some tron versions but not this one. Does all this sound familiar to anyone, since I remember the german language sound sample, it might have been a version that was mainly spread in Germany.

Hope I didn't confuse you with this vague description, it might be possible that I'm mixing some things up here, but it was all so long ago, maybe 20 years since I played it last.

Thanks for your help and comments...
Old 25 April 2007, 11:44   #2
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Might this be light racer?

It definitely has german speech at the start.

Some pics of it are here:

Old 15 May 2007, 00:09   #3
microslave
Amiga 1000 [1986]

Thanks, this might be the one I was looking for. I'll try to grab a copy somewhere and have a look.
Old 19 May 2007, 23:31   #4
Todders

The one I played was called Tech, which was also a remake of Tron
Old 21 March 2008, 18:53   #5
microslave
Amiga 1000 [1986]

Found Tron Game I was looking for...

I finally found the Tron game I remembered. Thanks for everyone's help, finally I succeeded by receiving a message from the past (eerie, ain't it?)
While browsing some of my old disks I found a file with a gamelist dating from 1988 where I had tried to list all my game disks I owned then. One point on the list was "Megaforce Tron", so I searched the Hall of Light, but no luck.

I tried then the planetemu site, looked for Tron and when I found nothing new I entered Megaforce and got a disk "Hotest Stuffs in 1988 (1988)(Megaforce).zip" which was exactly 100% what I was looking for: Intro with the words I still remembered "Another visitor, stay awhile, stay forever..." some demos and then the Tron game.

So sometimes you just need some lucky coincidences and maybe read the stuff you listed some 20 years ago

BTW The demo along with the game are really worth a look (also it's one of the simplest Tron clone I know.) Try planetemu and if someone would like to see this in the Zone I could upload it too...
Old 21 March 2008, 21:44   #6
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

Kindly upload to zone or post a direct link. Cheers.
Old 21 March 2008, 23:55   #7
microslave
Amiga 1000 [1986]

Ok, it's up in the Zone now. Have fun.
For non-Zone-members: Adf was taken from
http://www.planetemu.net/?section=ro...owrom&id=95748
I think the direct link should be ok, since this is a non-commercial game/demo, else any mod please delete the link...