English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 16 April 2020, 10:17   #1
tangodown

Game ROMs for FS-UAE

Hi all,

I am new to all of this, a noob, but I have got Amiga Forever and FS-UAE running. I also have all the Amiga kick starts with the green ticks in FS, I just need the game roms.

I am looking for the rom for Sensible World of Soccer 96/97. I don't mind paying for it, I just don't know where to get it from. I have random zip files of this game that I have put into my roms folder, but they are not showing up in FS-UAE, maybe because they don't match. I have directed FS to look to the roms folder in the files database, but I don't know how to check if its the right version of the game.

If somebody could please point me in the right direction to this game and some instructions how to load it that would be great. If its as simple as putting the game rom in my roms folder and directing FS to look there then I should be fine.

I have checked at archive .org but couldn't find it there. But I don't really know what I am looking for so some direction would be good.

Thanks
Old 16 April 2020, 13:40   #2
fehmi

You can download them from either https://www.whdownload.com/ or http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=61028
Old 16 April 2020, 14:04   #3
Solo Kazuki

Did You put games to same directory as Kickstart ROMs?
Since You are new, some informations - there are no ROMs with games for Amiga (unless they're CD-ROMs). Problem is probably caused by this misunderstanding. ADF files are floppy disk images and for WHDLoad You need use hard disk (using HDF image file or directory). You need put ADF to virtual floppy drive or chose hard disk image file or directory for handling WHDLoad games.
Old 16 April 2020, 14:38   #4
thevoice

hi,
just go to the second link fehmi provided (evade the first link because it offers very outdated whdload installs) and download whatever you like. then move these .lha files into a directory and tell the launcher to look into this directory under settings/file database.
once done just scan both databases again and you are set. also the online database does not support random internet downloads. for amiga it supports retroplay's wondeful whdload installs and for floppy images it is TOSEC.
Old 16 April 2020, 20:05   #5
fehmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoice View Post
hi,
just go to the second link fehmi provided (evade the first link because it offers very outdated whdload installs)
I always thought WHDownLoad and Retroplay offered same packages; therefore, I usually chose WHDownLoad to save bandwidth of the FTP
Old 16 April 2020, 23:47   #6
tangodown

Thank you for all the info guys!

Solo Kazuki, I downloaded the latest copy of FS-UAE and it only comes with two directories, "Extras" and "System". So no Roms folder and no Kickstarts folder. So I could had to leave my kickstarts in the Amiga Forever folders. But the kickstarts show up in FS, so as long as they are there I guess. As for the WHDs do I need to put those in the same roms folder in Amiga Forever, or as long as I direct FS to the folder thats fine?
Old 17 April 2020, 01:15   #7
tangodown

Thanks again, guys. I got it working, great!