English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 23 August 2023, 17:50   #1
derSammler

ScummVM RTG on Emu68

I'm trying to get ScummVM RTG working with Emu68 on the PiStorm, but always get the error that it can not switch to 320x200. I have of course created that resolution and confirmed it working with ADoom.

The ScummVM.ini file does not specify which resolution to use, so I can not even change that. There is fullscreen=true, but that option seem to do nothing. Changing it to "false", which would imply windowed mode, still gives the same error.

Any ideas?
Old 23 August 2023, 21:49   #2
Seiya

you can try SCummVM from ARTi. It works in fullscreen or in window. You can use internal interface or start the game from shell or create your personal icons to run the game like if it was an Amiga game.
Old 24 August 2023, 03:31   #3
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by derSammler View Post
I'm trying to get ScummVM RTG working with Emu68 on the PiStorm, but always get the error that it can not switch to 320x200. I have of course created that resolution and confirmed it working with ADoom.

The ScummVM.ini file does not specify which resolution to use, so I can not even change that. There is fullscreen=true, but that option seem to do nothing. Changing it to "false", which would imply windowed mode, still gives the same error.

Any ideas?
Hi,

I think some on the A1K forum also had this problem,try asking here https://www.a1k.org/forum/index.php?threads/88706/

Make sure you have FPU support enabled with your PiStorm, all of my 060 ports on Aminet require an FPU.

Yes it needs an 320x200 8 bit screen mode if running without the aspect scaler in the INI file set to 'true', if aspect scaling is set to 'true' it will need a 320x240 screen mode. If you also change the screen scaler in the INI file to 2x (doubled) then it will need a 640x480 screen mode.

Yes setting the fullscreen setting to 'false' will make it open a in window mode and therefore you won't need any screen modes setup, not sure why that isn't working for you

You are trying to use my port aren't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
you can try SCummVM from ARTi. It works in fullscreen or in window. You can use internal interface or start the game from shell or create your personal icons to run the game like if it was an Amiga game.
Yep my port also supports the internal interface...
Old 24 August 2023, 08:04   #4
derSammler

Quote:
Thanks, but I really want NovaCoder's port to work.

Quote:
Make sure you have FPU support enabled with your PiStorm, all of my 060 ports on Aminet require an FPU.
I am using Emu68, which has the FPU always enabled. Also, I'm using your RTG port of ScummVM 1.5, which only needs a 040. (Emu68 does not emulate a 060 anyway and I don't want it to run into illegal opcodes).

The error.log clearly says it can not open a 320x200 screen. But I'll check the aspect scaling settings.

ps: do you keep an archive of older versions somewhere? I'm glad I kept all the versions I downloaded for my various Amigas over time, since they are all gone from Aminet. But I'm still missing many I'd like to try.
Old 24 August 2023, 08:36   #5
NovaCoder

Oh okay that explains it. My old 040 RTG port doesn't support a window mode, not sure if it even supports aspect scaling?

Try the latest 060 build, should work okay for your setup.

Sorry I don't keep the old versions but they are around on the internet archives somewhere...

Actually Amiga France website has lots of my old versions
Old 24 August 2023, 08:41   #6
derSammler

But even then, it should work somehow. What would cause it not being able to open a 320x200 RTG screen, even if that screenmode is available?

Didn't you compile the latest RTG port for 060 CPUs? It's not fully clear, because while it states it requires a 060, it does not specifically say in the readme that you switched target for compiling to 060 for better performance (unlike with your DOSBox ports, which states that clearly).
Old 24 August 2023, 08:52   #7
NovaCoder

Quote:
But even then, it should work somehow. What would cause it not being able to open a 320x200 RTG screen, even if that screenmode is available?
Yes true, if you have a 320x200 8 bit screen mode then it should work, maybe it's your version of P96 that's the problem...not sure

I did the 040 port years ago, can't remember much about it these days.

Quote:
Didn't you compile the latest RTG port for 060 CPUs? It's not fully clear, because while it states it requires a 060, it does not specifically say in the readme that you switched target for compiling to 060 for better performance (unlike with your DOSBox ports, which states that clearly).
Yes my latest ScummVM builds for AGA/RTG are 060 + FPU only. It takes too much time to target different CPU's so both the AGA and the RTG versions share the same complied engine objects. I'm pretty sure someone on A1K got my latest RTG 060 build working with PiStorm, check that link I posted earlier in this thread for details.
Old 24 August 2023, 08:56   #8
derSammler

Quote:
I'm pretty sure someone on A1K got my latest RTG 060 build working with there PiStorm, check that link I posted earlier in this thread for details.
Seems so. I will try. But I fear it will sooner or later run into opcodes that only the 060 understands and probably crash in-game.

So I'm not giving up the 040 version yet. Might be worth trying in WinUAE, as I can play with the hardware configuration there.

I'm using P96 v2.0. The free one from aminet.