English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 01 November 2016, 16:44   #41
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Wow, first time I've seen this thread...

Read all and looks cool; need to give this a bash. Well done Mathew!
+1 how did I miss this thread Trying this out on my A1000 later
Old 01 November 2016, 19:15   #42
MrD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Dont worry. I have bought a new A600 back in 90s together with my school mate, at the same month. Both had the same KS 37.299. His A600 had english keyboard, my had german, otherwise they were identical. His Amiga worked perfectly, but I got constant Gurus trying to boot Alien Breed from the same floppies!

BTW: could you please check if we have details about your game okay on Lemon? http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=3815
Dang... I know that Alien Breed is very very picky about disk drives and printers (keeps repeating the Insert Disk 2 voice for me if anything is plugged in) but I didn't know it was that sensitive.

I'm going through a list of common OCS -> ECS -> AGA compatibility problems now, making sure the hw sprites are correctly disabled and so on. It's been a while since I had vasm up and running, I have to teach myself how the Amiga works all over again.

All those details on Lemon are fine I think. The game was written for unexpanded OCS A500s, but I added code so that it -should- be compatible with AGA too (either HD installed or from booting the disk). It doesn't do anything special for ECS or AGA.

And I hope you guys like my little game. I used to collect coverdisks and Assassins disks from my local computer shop (Online Computers in Wallasey) so they've always been an inspiration.
Old 17 November 2016, 07:17   #43
MrD

I just tried another Gravity Beam disk I had written years ago in my A600. Works fine... except when you try to play another level after finishing one.

Smells like a memory leak, maybe? Doesn't do that on the A500 or A1200 though! Some weird quirk of the 2.0 roms?

I deliberately turn off all four drive motors whenever the AmigaDOS file load functions end, it might not like that process.
Old 20 November 2016, 16:04   #44
MrD

It runs perfectly off the A600 hard drive, but the floppy drives don't want to respond afterwards. Weird.