English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 31 March 2001, 15:02   #1
DesperateCry

Hi folks!

I tried so many times to find this game for WinUAE by using several Web-Crawlers but without success. I only found it in THE LEGACY - a game museum - where it was menitioned. And on another Webpage I found a Cover scan of the box in which the game was sold for C64.

When the game was UpToDate I played it on my lovely Amstrad CPC 6128 and a friend of mine played it on his C64. By the time we started to play Amiga games we also tried to get this wonderful game for this machine but we tried in vain.

At the moment I'm searching the web for this game but on every Amiga-page I visited, the game was unknown. Now I'm asking YOU: Have you ever played this game on Amiga???

I would be very happy if somebody could name a valid link where i can find the game.

If someone has this game, but only on an Amiga-disc, please transfer it to your PC! I'm shure that I'm not the only one looking for this title.

Help, I need somebody!

DesperateCry

Old 31 March 2001, 17:11   #2
RCK
Administrator

Are you sure that " Vendetta " was released on Amiga ?
it was the real name of the game ?

I've search, and the only thing about it I found (for the moment), is some tips on AmigaMos manuals:

http://www.amigamos.com/manuals/67t.html

hum... seems that The Legacy afirm that it one amiga version has been released ...

But did someone have ever seen this game on amiga ?

Quote:
Producer / Publisher
System 3 (later Studio 3)
Published for
Amiga (1990)
AtariST (1990)
C64/C128 (1990)

Game Designer & Programmer
Marc Cale
Stan Schembri

Graphic Designer
Dokk
Tony Hager

Musicians
C64/C128:
Matt Gray

Source
Screenshot: mishRa
Credits: mishRa
Muzak: The High Voltage SID Collection
Old 01 April 2001, 02:37   #3
Unregistered

I'm not 100% shure, but have a look at this picture...

Hello RCK!

While I was searching the web I found also a scan of the game-package-cover. I've uploaded it under the following URL:

http://gaeb.gnw.de/ubb/uploads/Despe...y/vendetta.jpg

seeing is believing!??

Well, I don't know whether System3 released the Game for Amiga or only planned to release it...

Today System3 call themself Studio3 and the following link leads to their "history"-page:

http://www.studio3.co.uk/html/corp_a.htm

Perhaps I should write an E-Mail an ask them...

DesperateCry

Old 01 April 2001, 02:57   #4
Unregistered

OOOPS!!! The second link isn't valid anymore!

It's me again!

The second link is no more valid, but I copy the content of the page...

Quote:
About Us

Our History

Vendetta
Launched in the spring of 1989, Vendetta was another industry first by having two game styles in one. Using the Last Ninja engine you controlled your hero in a 3D isometric world in an arcade adventure. However, as you finished each level you had to get into a car and drive to the next location. Again with enourmous international critical acclaim it was an instant number one hit.

Old 01 April 2001, 03:59   #5
RCK
Administrator

The second link is ok now.
(history of studio3)

You should write them an E-mail, and maybe ask them directly one Adf image ! who knows ?

Studio 3 is one very cool company, they have just released "Internationnal Karate 2000", one great re-make of IK+ on GBcolor.

ps: don't forget to log in before posting, or you will be one guest for the board.
Old 01 April 2001, 10:22   #6
Khephren

I got the solution to the game if that any help

Old 05 April 2001, 00:49   #7
Unregistered

Sad but true...

Hi Khephren!

Thank you for your answer!

But I don't need a walkthrough for the game because I know it through and through. It seems like this game had never been published for the Amiga (despite the information on the cover).

Last saturday I wrote an E-Mail to Studio3 (former System3) and asked them what happend to the Amiga-Version. Up to now they haven't sent me an answer but I think they are too much tied up with programming Last Ninja 4 - the Lin Fen Islands-.

I'll let you know when I get a reply from them.

Thank you all for your readiness to help!

DesperateCry

- see you later alligator -

Old 05 April 2001, 08:26   #8
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

System 3/Studio 3

I wouldn't hold on to much hope about System 3/Studio 3 contacting you, as I've emailed numerous times about Putty Squad and never received a reply.
Old 26 April 2001, 16:36   #9
Burge
Get ready, Agent

Me

I had this game (and still do have it). It was a cool little side scroller with above average graphics and you could pick up weapons and use them for killing and stuff. Yeah, I quite liked it and could send you a real copy if you like...
Old 27 April 2001, 08:33   #10
Tim Janssen

Is Vendetta a side scroller?

Burge,

You wrote about Vendetta:
Quote:
It was a cool little side scroller (...)
Now I am really puzzled. I have bought System 3's Vendetta for the C64 and this is an isometric game. After each level there is a driving section where you must drive a red Ferrari. Overall Vendetta looks very similar to the Last Ninja-series. I cannot imagine System 3 have created a whole new gametype on the Amiga.

However, I know about a horizontal scrolling beat'em-up called Vendetta which appeared in the arcades in 1991. I doubt this game was ever converted to the Amiga.
Old 27 April 2001, 11:44   #11
enigma

Hey are them Ninja series available for Amiga?

Old 27 April 2001, 11:49   #12
Burge
Get ready, Agent

Well it was, Tim

You doubt it huh? Well think again because the version of Vendetta I have was in fact a conversion of that arcade game. I think I can remember playing it at an arcade in a bowling alley somewhere... But, yeah i'm pretty sure it was converted to Amiga and I have that very game in my possession!

E-mail me if you want me to make a copy of it for you, or you could point me to somewhere which shows how to turn Amiga games into .adf's if it's possible.
Old 27 April 2001, 13:31   #13
Tim Janssen

Vendetta the arcade game on Amiga? -Fantastic!!

Burge,

I am astonished.. Here in Europe, I know only one (possible) Vendetta game, the one from System 3. I never heard or read about an Amiga conversion of Vendetta the Arcade game so I am pleasantly surprised. Do you also know who published the game?

At the moment my pc is broken, so it is impossible run an emulator for the next few weeks.
If you want to convert the game to ADF I advice you to read the solutions at English Amiga Board > Problems > Emulators or real Amiga.

Old 27 April 2001, 13:38   #14
Tim Janssen

About the Last Ninja series on Amiga

Enigma,

Last Ninja 2, Last Ninja 3 and Last Ninja Remix (which is a conversion of Last Ninja 1) have appeared on the Amiga.

For more information about the series and download address I advice you to visit Kay Spitzley's
Last Ninja Archives. Everything you always wanted to know about the Last Ninja is at this site.
Old 28 April 2001, 15:45   #15
DesperateCry

Vendetta the Arcade game? Sounds cool!!!

Hello Burge!

I'm afraid, that a "real" copy of the game is of no use for me, cause I don't have a "real Amiga" anymore.

I hope you can manage to create an ADF-file of the disc(s). :bounce

Hello Tim!

You're right! The Last Ninja-Archives is really the best site to get the good old Ninja-stuff! If you hadn't recommended it I would have done it...

Well, I'm astonished too, to hear about an arcade version of Vendetta but nevertheless I'm looking foreward to play the game in the near future...

See you later...

DesperateCry

Old 02 May 2001, 07:55   #16
Tim Janssen

Vendetta the Arcade game Picture

Hi Burge,

I am still astonished about a possible conversion about Vendetta -the Arcade Game on the Amiga.
However, on the Net I have found some pictures about the game. Please let me know if the Amiga conversion looks remiscent to the pics.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Old 02 May 2001, 23:42   #17
LaundroMat

Those screenies

Looks to me like a mix between Double Dragon and Renegade.
Old 03 May 2001, 12:49   #18
Burge
Get ready, Agent

Tim

Those shots look similar, the sprites look at bit bigger but the industrial background is familiar. I'm still looking for a working version of the game, I found one but when I fired up the old girl and double clicked on the icon an open box appeared, where there usually should be an icon. Might be that the drive has had it, but I think I have another version of the game which I will search for. If I find it and get it up and running, I'll take somphotos and scan 'em in. Might take a bit of time tho.
Old 10 September 2001, 09:39   #19
Amigaboy

I was looking at "Who's Online" and saw someone looking at this thread, so here I am to revive it

There were 2 different versions of Vendetta

One was made by Konami in 1991. This is the arcade game that Tim listed. It's alot like Final Fight. I doubt this one has made it to the Amiga, but if it has....I want it ! (I pumped alot of money into this machine once.....But alot more into the original Street Fighter 2 )

The other was made by System 3. It looked and played alot like the Last Ninja series, but the engine was coded from start to end independantly of the Last Ninja games. It was using this engine that Last Ninja 3 was made. This game I think would have made it to the Amiga at some time, but I have never seen it. I have only played this on the C64.

So. If anyone has either version, then I (and I'm sure everyone else) would love to have them.

Old 19 October 2001, 18:55   #20
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I may have missed the posying of the 2 versions that Amigaboy mentioned. Is it posible someone reposts them, if they were posted at all?