English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 November 2019, 09:10   #1
tyrel

WinUAE Win10 virtual maschine / mouse problems

Hello, I'm Tom and new here.
I've been an Amiga fanboy since the first hours. It all started with an A500, later an A2000 and finally I bought an A4000/30. I still own this one today.
Unfortunately the A4000 causes more and more problems. Since a few days I have no more picture. The Amiga boots, but the screen remains black. But this is another problem.
Since I want to remain "faithful to my" Amiga, I decided to install WinUAE. On my desktop computer this also works without problems.
I have then transferred the configuration to a Win10 VM under Hyper-V.
Everything runs as far as on the desktop system, only the mouse speed causes me extreme problems. The mouse pointer is much faster than the mouse pointer of the host system (Win10). Therefore the current configuration cannot be used. I've already spent a few days together with google to solve the problem, but didn't make it.
The problem also occurs when I use a simple A500 configuration and boot from a WB1.3. I am at a loss.
Do any of you have an idea?
Greetings
Tom
Old 13 November 2019, 11:56   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It is normal when using VM or remote desktop or similar. Mouse becomes absolute mouse (similar to touchscreen/tablet) but Amiga wants relative mouse movements.

You can work around it in WB/system friendly programs by enabling Mouse driver in GamePorts panel but it won't help with programs that take over the system.

In VM it probably also works if mouse integration is disabled (=Host OS mouse disappears and can't be moved between VM and host freely) or if VM is in fullscreen mode.
Old 13 November 2019, 14:09   #3
tyrel

Thank you Toni. Full screen does not work.
If it works to switch off the mouse integration, I first have to test or read how this works with my configuratiuon exactly. Server with Hyper-V as host, Windows 10 as guest (WinUAE) and access with Teamviewer over I-Net. If I can report something positioves I will get back to you.
Thanks and Greetings
Tom
Old 14 November 2019, 12:52   #4
rutra80

Some hypervisors have configurable pointing devices (absolute/relative), VirtualBox for example.
Old 17 November 2019, 17:50   #5
tyrel

I'm running Hyper-V, And it will be not a good idea to run Virtual Box an Hyper-V on one system. So at the moment I see no solution.