English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 01 March 2009, 18:16   #21
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Look thru this site, a HOL/Atari legends type database site.

http://www.guardiansofthepast.co.uk/
Old 01 March 2009, 19:50   #22
s2325
Zone Friend

or http://www.atarimania.com/main_datab...=S&TYPE_CODE=G
Old 01 March 2009, 20:00   #23
pubzombie

I run Paradroid 90 under ST emulation on my handheld as I find it more forgiving than miggy emulation and i can get higher scores - it was written on the st i think and then ported across to miggy.
great game try it
Old 05 July 2009, 11:32   #24
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

As an RPG fun I am interested in Arcan and its sequel Walls of Illusion. Does anyone tried them? Do they worth?
Old 05 July 2009, 17:48   #25
Tempest 2084
Prototype Historian

Odd that this topic should come up. I just put both my Apple IIgs and Atari ST away because I didn't need them out with the Amiga. There are a handful of unique games for each system, but most of them aren't worth playing (and the few that are don't make up for all the space they take up). The only one that bugs me is Phantasie II. Why the heck the Amiga got parts I and III and not II is a mystery. Thankfully I can play it on my Apple IIe.

I'm an Amiga fan these days. Why I hung onto my ST and IIgs for so long I don't know...
Old 08 July 2009, 14:50   #26
Kroah

I'll never understand why Colonial Conquest was never ported to Amiga.
So much fun. Up to 6 players (local multiplayer and AI).

http://www.atarilegend.com/games/gam...hp?game_id=853

Old 09 July 2009, 23:48   #27
Gibbersan

And why was Sundog never ported to Amiga?
Old 10 July 2009, 00:30   #28
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroah View Post
I'll never understand why Colonial Conquest was never ported to Amiga.
So much fun. Up to 6 players (local multiplayer and AI).
I just gave a quick try to the game after seeing the screenshots.
From what I have seen, it is more or less a game derived from the RISK formula (with spying and bribing added and more simple combats).

Surely there are some games of that kind on Amiga. However, since I was not really into that kind of game back in the days, I don't have any suggestion.

Anybody?
Old 10 July 2009, 02:00   #29
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

The drums...

...very loud, with really BIG sticks!
Old 10 July 2009, 16:08   #30
Adropac2
Zone Friend

You should mostly give some play time to Oids and Super Sprint

Criminally Oids never came to Amiga and it's still one of the ST's best exclusives

Super Sprint is very good on ST control wise and actually a little better i find than if you were to try playing the Arcade version with a pad

ST Wars - is maybe something people wont have played on ST before and is fairly distinct - iv'e always liked it but that might just be because i like the atmosphere
Old 10 July 2009, 23:45   #31
rsn8887

The original Bolo (hi-res monochrome) is a great Atari ST exclusive Arkanoid style game. It has to be played with monochrome monitor emulation to get the hi-res graphics though. The full version was on Automation Disc 323 B.

There is a pc game of same name, but that is a sequel.
Old 11 July 2009, 03:06   #32
Kroah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbersan View Post
And why was Sundog never ported to Amiga?
You're right, Sundog was never released on Amiga. Don't know why FTL didn't manage to do it. (http://www.atarilegend.com/games/gam...p?game_id=2843)

Another game i played a lot several years ago on Atari ST was Sapiens:
http://www.atarilegend.com/games/gam...p?game_id=2611

Old 11 July 2009, 06:00   #33
CongealedWallrs

I may be wrong but I think that there is no Amiga version of Chaos. Chaos is totally worth playing if only for the sfx.

Amiga has 'Lords of Chaos' and 'Total Chaos' but not Chaos.

The ST version is maybe not as balanced as the Spectrum one but it has brawsome sounds from great sitcoms and filums!

It was an 'unofficial' version so maybe you can't count the ST one either. There must be an 'unofficial' Amiga version of Chaos somwehere?

I agree so much about HatariX being needed for GP2x and also PSP because it is impossible to hear the Chaos sfx when playing on both! You can't hear the sfx properly even by altering the settings and the controls make playing it really messy business!
Old 11 July 2009, 07:08   #34
s2325
Zone Friend

Skirmish - simple but addictive Scorched Tanks clone http://atarilegend.com/games/games_d...?game_id=5940#
Old 31 July 2009, 13:29   #35
Goldrunner

One of all my favourite ST games was Where Time Stood Still, a 3D Isometric adventure game from Denton Designs. It was only available for the Spectrum 128 and ST. While the Spectrum version was excellent it was a bit jerky and in B&W, the best version was on the ST since it was smooth and use grayscale for the windowed action area, making it really atomospheric because of the era it was set in. Some may remember The Great Escape on the spectrum, well this was a very much the same but a lot bigger.

I actually liked this game so much I did a map of it, it was a true epic undertaking beleive me. The instructions and tips can also be found on Guardians.
Old 31 July 2009, 16:15   #36
Goldrunner

Another great game never ported to the Amiga was Star Trek: The Rebel Universe, the first proper Star Trek game. It was however ported to the Commodore 64 and DOS, but the ST version is the one that shines. Great graphics and tons of samples from the TV series, including the intro sequence at the start of the show.

The game started being developed when development machines where given to software companies before the ST's launch, and was ready to be released in early 1986, but Beyond where in trouble at this stage and the release was delayed. It was finally brought to the market in early 1987 by Firebird after they had secured the rights from Beyond.

However, there is strong evidence that a limited release from Beyond did occur in early 1986, but we have yet to see that version. It will be quite a scoop if anybody who finds it since there as been speculation about it for years.
Old 31 July 2009, 18:18   #37
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
Another great game never ported to the Amiga was Star Trek: The Rebel Universe, the first proper Star Trek game. It was however ported to the Commodore 64 and DOS, but the ST version is the one that shines. Great graphics and tons of samples from the TV series, including the intro sequence at the start of the show.

The game started being developed when development machines where given to software companies before the ST's launch, and was ready to be released in early 1986, but Beyond where in trouble at this stage and the release was delayed. It was finally brought to the market in early 1987 by Firebird after they had secured the rights from Beyond.

However, there is strong evidence that a limited release from Beyond did occur in early 1986, but we have yet to see that version. It will be quite a scoop if anybody who finds it since there as been speculation about it for years.
Shame theres no source code for all the stuff that didn't make it to Amiga, porting it wouldn't be too time consuming.
Old 01 June 2010, 17:53   #38
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
It's a cool ST game, but check out the Jaguar version:
[ Show youtube player ]

Pretty awesome.
I wish someone would port this DX version to Amiga AGA!!!!
Old 03 June 2010, 01:42   #39
qwak
Game Developer

Send a message via MSN to qwak
Time Bandits was another great ST only game (don't think there was an Amiga version?).
Old 03 June 2010, 01:44   #40
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Time Bandit?

LINK