English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 03 September 2019, 22:37   #361
wiz12

When the WHDload user packages are extracted I've noticed that Games (Beta) get included with Games so a seperate Games (Beta & Unreleased) folder is not created especially for those, is that meant to be the case?

Also Drawers Add Files/AddGames & AddDemos scripts do nothing?
Old 05 September 2019, 23:59   #362
rossb

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Which option do I use to make it look like this?

I had the same question. However I have an earlier version of CWB (27?) ADVSP installed from a while back and it has these same icons. Is there no way of getting these icons with ADVSP using this installer? I tried everything but to no avail. As mentioned the only unstsll that uses these is the OS3.x one.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
Old 06 September 2019, 01:29   #363
tero

You can install the retro-theme by hand. The archives with the files are stored in system:temp
They can be installed by hand. But they will be deleted when installing classsicwb.
You need the file defaultretro.zip and copy the contents over the system partition. Grab the file of a system.hdf that is not activated with workbench disks yet.
Best to do after a fresh install because all changes made to theme related files will be lost.
Old 06 September 2019, 02:00   #364
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossb View Post
I had the same question. However I have an earlier version of CWB (27?) ADVSP installed from a while back and it has these same icons. Is there no way of getting these icons with ADVSP using this installer? I tried everything but to no avail. As mentioned the only unstsll that uses these is the OS3.x one.

I have since got it to work, I used workbench 3.1.4 then installed Workbench Classic for OS 3.9 in the addons part and it works just fine now its fixed.
Old 06 September 2019, 09:48   #365
rossb

That's exactly what I did and it works, although I have no Idea where demos menu etc is, no longer on top bar as it was in ADVSP.

Old 06 September 2019, 11:26   #366
rossb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tero View Post
You can install the retro-theme by hand. The archives with the files are stored in system:temp
They can be installed by hand. But they will be deleted when installing classsicwb.
You need the file defaultretro.zip and copy the contents over the system partition. Grab the file of a system.hdf that is not activated with workbench disks yet.
Best to do after a fresh install because all changes made to theme related files will be lost.

Thanks my question is more, how do I get the "old" look of ADVSP with the icons shown, no too worried about wallpaper etc so no theme is fine for me. I'm a little lost with the OS 3.x install as I can't seem to find any of the shortcuts in the top menu bar, been using ADVSP for so long :-) although it has the icons that I "like"
Old 06 September 2019, 12:37   #367
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Thanks my question is more, how do I get the "old" look of ADVSP with the icons shown, no too worried about wallpaper etc so no theme is fine for me. I'm a little lost with the OS 3.x install as I can't seem to find any of the shortcuts in the top menu bar, been using ADVSP for so long :-) although it has the icons that I "like"
are you using an old version of the program? as the shortcut links have been fixed in the most recent release.
Old 06 September 2019, 13:06   #368
rossb

Quote:
are you using an old version of the program? as the shortcut links have been fixed in the most recent release.

Hi,

Not as far as I'm aware. I'm using the 1.4.1 32gb prebuild (https://hstwb.firstrealize.com/relea...stwb_1.4.1.zip) version.

I am however using KS 3.1.4.1 and OS 3.1.4.1 is this still broken in this release, should I be using 3.1? Given SCSI.DEVICE is already patched I'm not particularly bothered about 3.1.4.1

Regards,

Ross.
Old 06 September 2019, 13:08   #369
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Hi,

Not as far as I'm aware. I'm using the 1.4.1 32gb prebuild (https://hstwb.firstrealize.com/relea...stwb_1.4.1.zip) version.

I am however using KS 3.1.4.1 and OS 3.1.4.1 is this still broken in this release, should I be using 3.1? Given SCSI.DEVICE is already patched I'm not particularly bothered about 3.1.4.1

Regards,

Ross.
I am using 3.1.4.1 just fine both in rom and workbench, I am doing it in emulation and not on real hardware though.
Old 06 September 2019, 13:18   #370
rossb

Quote:
I am using 3.1.4.1 just fine both in rom and workbench, I am doing it in emulation and not on real hardware though.

Interesting, I am builidng in WinUAE with the object of then writing the resultant HDF to a CF Card and using it in my real A1200. I do get one error during install which I noticed late last night. I will run the install again later and see if I can see. The issues I am experiencing are whilst running under WinUAE still.
Old 06 September 2019, 17:43   #371
rossb

OK so reinstalled everything. All looks good but when I select "DEMOS from the top menu I get the an "insufficent memory for requested action!" requestor from Tools Daemon 2.2 following, which is very odd as I have plenty of CHIP ad FAST RAM :-(
Old 06 September 2019, 17:50   #372
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
OK so reinstalled everything. All looks good but when I select "DEMOS from the top menu I get the an "insufficent memory for requested action!" requestor from Tools Daemon 2.2 following, which is very odd as I have plenty of CHIP ad FAST RAM :-(

I get that too, never noticed it as I do not launch from there usually. Looks like the all the bugs have not been fixed.
Old 06 September 2019, 18:16   #373
rossb

Quote:
I get that too, never noticed it as I do not launch from there usually. Looks like the all the bugs have not been fixed.
Ah ok. That's a shame. If I'm honest I really just wanted to have my ADVSP install and demos and WHDload games on a significantly larger CF without all the manual messing about. That said still a massive amount of respect that he's taken the time and effort to build this toolset

Old 06 September 2019, 20:56   #374
spudje

This seem to have become a really awesome toolkit!! Considering using it for my real Amigas in the future. Does it also handle the cpu libraries, e.g. 68040, 68060?
Old 06 September 2019, 21:27   #375
rossb

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
This seem to have become a really awesome toolkit!! Considering using it for my real Amigas in the future. Does it also handle the cpu libraries, e.g. 68040, 68060?

It is great for sure. No, I don't believe so, and it would require an input parser in regard to which accel you have (blizzard, apollo etc). But tbh you could build in WinUAE and then just copy across your accelerator specific 040, 060 libs
Old 06 September 2019, 22:03   #376
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Ah ok. That's a shame. If I'm honest I really just wanted to have my ADVSP install and demos and WHDload games on a significantly larger CF without all the manual messing about. That said still a massive amount of respect that he's taken the time and effort to build this toolset

You can still do it and have demos and games installed. There all in a folder on the "desktop" in a folder called HSTWB where there is different launchers.
Old 06 September 2019, 22:40   #377
cyberhead97

Just to pitch in on all the recent activity regarding ClassicWB ADVSP. If you install it together with Amiga OS 3.1.4 I patched with icons from ClassicWB ADV as a quick fix for the icons that was completely garbled.

I have since been digging further into the issue and discovered that this is somehow related to Scalos not working well with Amiga OS 3.1.4 when it comes to showing NewIcons and these are used in for ClassicWB ADVSP icons and WHDLoad slaves.

The only solution I have found so far, is to disable Scalos completely and replace it with Tools Daemon and Magic Menu to give sort of the similar menus from Workbench. This will be applied to ClassicWB's using Scalos. It will also have added settings/options for users to enable and disable Scalos, so they can try out what works best for them.

I'm also looking into better automatic handling of 020, 030, 040 and 060 libraries for all installations. The Amiga OS 3.1.4 installation currently installs all these libraries without looking what CPU is present.

It's a on man project, so bare with me. It takes time to fix and improve the project...

Last edited by cyberhead97; 06 September 2019 at 22:40. Reason: spelling
Old 06 September 2019, 22:44   #378
cyberhead97

Quote:
Please describe this issue with more details. Does this happen with ClassicWB ADVSP installed with Amiga OS 3.1.4 right clicking from Workbench selecting "DEMOS"?
Old 06 September 2019, 22:50   #379
cyberhead97

Quote:
To get the old icons look when installing ClassicWB ADVSP, you currently have to install it with Kickstart 3.1 and Amiga OS 3.1 using the prebuild self install images at v1.4.1.
Old 06 September 2019, 22:58   #380
rossb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
To get the old icons look when installing ClassicWB ADVSP, you currently have to install it with Kickstart 3.1 and Amiga OS 3.1 using the prebuild self install images at v1.4.1.
Thank you, that's a job for tomorrow. And also, thank you for all your work on this, it's much appreciated!!