English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 January 2019, 20:28   #241
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiscoco View Post
And do you have proof that amiten do not pay $ 30 for the rights to use those drawings?

If I did not understand wrong
Luis do not take us for idiots, this with type of 3D models you only buy textures, 3d model and some poses or rigging setups. It's not common that you can buy the scene with the same lights you can view in the preview pic of the products. Obviously Amiten have not bought the 3D model, you have simply taken the images of reference of the product, because the color, the framing and the lighting is exactly the same.
Old 01 January 2019, 20:37   #242
kikems

Quote:

Amiten has given many of games games, such as
The last Star Fighter, who won an award in Amigamejam2016....
Amiten say in his FB that I'm make some hater action with his activity , but that has never been true, I only say truths that can always be demonstrated.

I you want I can talk about the history behind The Last Start Fighter from AmiGame Jam 2016 , where Amiten make a video showing how he paint all sprites pixel by pixel , but the reality is the same than now all sprites are stolen. I know your productions since few years and always is the same, Lies, lies and ask for money and money. It is clear that you will never change.
Of course I can talk more histories about this pain team. You can't understand that the real problem is not a copyright infringement with Capcom, the real problem is that Amiten and your team think that all Amiga community are stupid people that have money to spend.

1- In the readme file you can view Credits of game https://amigamejam.ultimateamiga.co.uk/
2- In this video you can view the game ( from minute 8 ). [ Show youtube player ]
3- Original source of sprites. https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/...--active-11108
https://cdn.tutsplus.com/active/uplo...p3/sprites.png

This is not the first time it happens

Last edited by kikems; 01 January 2019 at 22:30.
Old 01 January 2019, 20:55   #243
JimNeray
X-bEnCh addict

@To all : Please stop this silly and useless debate and return on your Amiga to do something more interesting. Happy new year to you folks =)
Old 01 January 2019, 20:57   #244
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikems View Post
the real problem is that Amiten and your team think that all Amiga community are stupid people that have money to spend.
All my sales in bandcamp of the soundtracks (one so far) shows it perfectly - yup, that was ironic
Old 01 January 2019, 21:08   #245
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNeray View Post
@To all : Please stop this silly and useless debate and return on your Amiga to do something more interesting. Happy new year to you folks =)
While people prefer to look the other way, this will remain the same.
Old 01 January 2019, 21:19   #246
mcgeezer

The guy is a cretin with no morals or value of creating an Amiga game. I'm going to stop now before I post here the obscene message I got from his Mrs "Yay Morales". Yep - cretins.
Old 01 January 2019, 21:32   #247
lantus360

good lord the pitchfork mob mentality of people here is frankly astounding to me.

Here's a guy whos trying to promote the Amiga by developing games for it and he's being raked over the coals because its written in AMOS and for the amount he's charging? Does anyone here know whats involved in coding a game. Even if its in AMOS? Why shouldnt someone be paid for their time?

As someone who purchased a copy of The Dream of Rowan i thought it was every bit worth the money, and i from what ive seen with Cocobanana i like what im seeing there too.

to Johnny/Amiten - don't worry about the haters. Keep doing what you love
to the rest of the bashers in this thread - enjoy your circle jerk/echo chamber slamming a developer thats making games in 2019

smdh
Old 01 January 2019, 21:43   #248
TjLaZer

Just my opinion. Had a chance to try out the Xmas demo and I think the game as some potential and should be finished and released as freeware at this point since it does use copyrighted graphics. If they want to redo the graphics and sell it that would be fine too. The game also need a few tweaks and can then be considered a great platformer. The response from the fire button seems a little slow and makes it hard to shoot enemies. Also you need 3 shots for one enemy which I think is too much. Maybe 2?

I like it a lot and hope this can be addressed and everyone can calm down and move on. I think some are getting a little carried away! No need for that. Happy New Year!
Old 01 January 2019, 21:43   #249
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by lantus360 View Post

Here's a guy whos trying to promote the Amiga by developing games for it and he's being raked over the coals because its written in AMOS and for the amount he's charging? Does anyone here know whats involved in coding a game. Even if its in AMOS? Why shouldnt someone be paid for their time?
You are completely wrong, the problem is different than pricing or coding language. But I do not blame you, as this discussion runs for over a week now and orientation in it is very difficult.
Old 01 January 2019, 21:43   #250
mcgeezer

Quote:
Does anyone here know whats involved in coding a game. Even if its in AMOS? Why shouldnt someone be paid for their time?
Yes I know exactly what's involved in making a game and it's got nothing to do with what the game is written in.

They shouldn't be paid if they have stolen assets from another game - the game as a whole is the complete package, not just the code, not just the graphics, not just the audio or not just the design.
Old 01 January 2019, 21:48   #251
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post
Just my opinion. Had a chance to try out the Xmas demo and I think the game as some potential and should be finished and released as freeware at this point since it does use copyrighted graphics. If they want to redo the graphics and sell it that would be fine too. The game also need a few tweaks and can then be considered a great platformer. The response from the fire button seems a little slow and makes it hard to shoot enemies. Also you need 3 shots for one enemy which I think is too much. Maybe 2?

I like it a lot and hope this can be addressed and everyone can calm down and move on. I think some are getting a little carried away! No need for that. Happy New Year!
I appreciate the effort to create the game too, what I do not like are the ways in which the project is gelled.
Actually I do not want Amiten and his team to stop making games for Amiga, what I want is to be respectful with the users and no more lies.

Everyone makes the game they can do, with the language they want and of course can ask for money for it if they wish, but never with deception or lies or stolen assets.

For me it's simple if you want make a game with stolen gfx from old arcades or abandon games it's ok, but can't sale, anyone do it. When you try make a game commercial look for a graphic artist, a coder, an musician.
Sometimes work inside a team it's hard but it's the only way when you not have the talent or knowledge for code, paint and compose music.
In the Rowan game the team make all assets, from graphics, code, and sounds. This is the only right way for great new comercial Amiga games.

I am sure that if today I take the stolen graphics of CocoBanana and create the same game or a similar one and sell it, then surely Amiten's team would not be happy, nor would it seem good to steal his game. Or if someone with original copy of the game share a.iso in a public place.

This is not a problem based if the game is good or bad, cheap or expensive, Amos or ASM.

Last edited by kikems; 01 January 2019 at 22:13.
Old 01 January 2019, 22:12   #252
Luiscoco

Quote:
good lord the pitchfork mob mentality of people here is frankly astounding to me.

smdh
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post

Strongly agree with you, we will try to get to that.
I will answer the first mistakes in the game sincere.
The response of the shot, I think you can obey that if you leave it pressed, it shoots harder. It has 3 levels of strength.
So you will kill a single shot that needs 3 shots.
I think that's why he can not shoot very fast.

Edit: You have to remember that the shot comes out when the button is released, because while it is pressed, it accumulates power, maybe that partially explains the sensation or defect

Last edited by Luiscoco; 01 January 2019 at 22:47.
Old 01 January 2019, 22:21   #253
kikems

Quote:
Thank you
Strongly agree with you, we will try to get to that.
I will answer the first mistakes in the game sincere.
The response of the shot, I think you can obey that if you leave it pressed, it shoots harder. It has 3 levels of strength.
So you will kill a single shot that needs 3 shots.
I think that's why he can not shoot very fast.
I think you have a problem, apparently your words not represent the team.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00_0.png
Views:	186
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	61409  
Old 02 January 2019, 02:09   #254
LongLifeA1200

Well actually the conversation is multi-leveled.

At the top, of course, the issue of selling copy-protected images.**

**And perhaps on a related note; doing the same thing to win a competition. (Although that seems like a discussion for another thread with just about the same conclusion.)

That aside, even if that never was or no longer an issue, AMOS/Stock Machines would probably be the next. The Good/Bad has been discussed before, many times.

Price --which given the reason behind it i.e. to assist team members living in countries currently facing tough economic times, seems noble. The goal was 500 euro, if i recall correctly.

Finally, though... whether or not Amiten's intentions were good. It could simply be a matter of Amiten interpreting the word "Free" or "Sample" at face-value and not reading the fine print or understanding just how "Free" it actually is.
Old 02 January 2019, 02:16   #255
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Just to help me get this straight

1- Amiten has FIFTEEN "unfinished" projects acordding to Luiscoco's list
2- He has asked money for unfinished demos back in the past
3- He has sold stuff as unfinished demos that proved to be nothing more than animations in the past
4- Used free/stolen/ripped assets but tried to convince people he made it themselves, even with videos and pictures of him "drawing" stuff that has been proved to be stolen from elsewhere
5- Can't take criticism to his "work", offends people when they give criticism. The way he handle Dream of Rowan's criticism was hilarious. People showing lots of bugs in the game, and he was saying "This is not a bug, its a feature", "The game is what it is, enjoy it", "If you can't kill an enemy by holding the button to fire continuously, just tap the button".... it was a trainwreck to watch.
6- Instead of coming here to defend himself, he asks other people to do it. (Are you guys sure those accounts aren't fake accounts coming from him? Because at this point, I am not sure of anything)

Did I get everything right? Did I miss something important?

I could stand and ignore his obnoxious behaviour, the way he overpromotes everything he does and his long-ass boring videos which I just skip even though he's always overpromoting them too. I also could just ignore his overpriced buggy below average games that needs too much hardware for what is worthy, as it's what I've always done.

But scamming people, trying to convince people he did things he didn't and asking other people to come defend him is really low.
Old 02 January 2019, 02:16   #256
BippyM
Global Moderator

If he was actually being noble and didn't want to charge for this game, but did so to support these guys living in a difficult economy etc.. Then why doesn't he show us.. Tell us exactly how much money has been made and what percentage he has kept for himself.. If he's being noble it'll be less than what he has given to his team...
Old 02 January 2019, 02:30   #257
LongLifeA1200

From what I can gather, 54% went to the programmer for his work.
Old 02 January 2019, 02:44   #258
Hewitson

The game is nothing but a buggy piece of shit that only idiots would release and in my opinion Amiten, as well as anyone who supports/defends him, should be permanently banned from this site.

Whether this site has the horsepower to actually ban him is unknown, as everything related to Amiten always has very high system requirements.
Old 02 January 2019, 02:54   #259
hth313

The only thing missing are the accusations that some people are lamers and I will feel totally thrown back to 1989.
Old 02 January 2019, 02:57   #260
LongLifeA1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
Just to help me get this straight

1- Amiten has FIFTEEN "unfinished" projects acordding to Luiscoco's list
It appears to be Amiten's list and it's out of date.

I count:
3 finished.
6 unfinished.
8 Canceled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
2- He has asked money for unfinished demos back in the past
3- He has sold stuff as unfinished demos that proved to be nothing more than animations in the past
Has anyone here bought one of those? Just wondering.