English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

View Poll Results: OK, then, your fave Amiga Pinball game would be what exactly?
Pinball Dreams 8 16.33%
Pinball Fantasies 20 40.82%
Pinball Illusions 5 10.20%
Slam Tilt 15 30.61%
Pinball Mania 0 0%
Thomas The Tank Engine Pinball 0 0%
Others I haven't mentioned above 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09 June 2001, 16:56   #1
MethodGit

Smile Favourite Amiga Pinball game

Hey, y'all, thought I'd try out this poll thing you seem to have active on this board. And what better way to try it out than to ask you what pinball game you like, and also which one you think was the worst, or miscellaneous comments about any pinball game etc.?

The only pinball game I own on real Amiga disks in Pinball Fantasies (which is not a bad choice, even though my copy always crashes every time I try to load the Billion Dollar Gameshow table. A slight graphics corruption on the "Select Table 3 or 4" screen as well. And I don't like the music in Stones 'N' Bones. But hey...)

I'm glad to hear whatever you intend to say in this particular topic. Go ahead, I'm all ears...

I might do another poll soon.

Last edited by Amiga1992; 12 June 2001 at 17:39.
Old 09 June 2001, 17:18   #2
Ian
Global Moderator

Pinball Fantasies!

Well actually to be more precise, Stone's n' Bones, I used to play that for hours on my CD32, found all the other tables crap though.

Slam Tilt seem's OK, but I've only played it though WinUAE, and my computer isn't really up to the standard you need to play it properly. However all this will change this week. Hurray!!
Old 09 June 2001, 18:08   #3
RCK
Administrator

Pinball Fantasies is also my favorite
Stone's n' Bones was a really great "level".
Old 09 June 2001, 19:17   #4
Mangar
Got the fever back

Without a doubt Pinball Fantasies is by far the best of any pinball game.. Stones & Bones was the best table.. I think this could be unanimous..
Old 09 June 2001, 19:24   #5
Khephren

Yep Pinball Fantasies for me. THE best pinball game ever.

I preferred Partyland (I think it was that, been a while since I played it). Another one of those games that kept me and me mates up to 4 - 5 am. Much to the annoyance of his girlfriend.

Pinball Illusions was SUCH a disappointment.

Old 10 June 2001, 18:03   #6
Amiga1992

D'oh! I voted for Fantasies, and after I clicked on the submit button, I remembered Beat Box and Steel Machine, from Pinball Dreams! SOme tables were a bit more challenging. I liked Ignition a lot too, and I was good at it.

The one I play the least in Fantasies is 1mil Dollar GAmeshow, and teh second one I play the least is Stones n Bones.
Old 11 June 2001, 08:12   #7
Tim Janssen

Thumbs up Pinball Dreams gets my vote

I prefer Pinball Dreams despite its 'limitations'. It does not have multiball, multiflipper or a wacky scoreboard but it was the first of the multiple-screen pinball games on Amiga.
I remember it as the day of yesterday when I first played this game. -I thought I was in heaven. Dreams was the first electronic pinball game I ever played and nothing can ever match this experience.
Old 14 June 2001, 16:03   #8
MrDig

Yep, I also liked Stones & Bones of Pinball Fantasies, Played if for hours! But I think Slamtilt is by far the best pinball simulation on the Amiga.. And it plays and looks like a dream, so Slamtilt is also my favourite pinball game...

Old 14 June 2001, 21:09   #9
MethodGit

Arrow

Hey, Akira, I've noticed that apparently you've edited my first message. But I don't notice any stand-out changes to it. What did you edit exactly?
Old 15 June 2001, 11:11   #10
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool Change

I think he changed the thread subject from "Favourite Amiga Game" to "Favourite Amiga Pinball Game", to avoid confusion.
Old 15 June 2001, 11:30   #11
RCK
Administrator

Post right

yes, this change is explained in the "a b î m e .net" section, cause he have a problem to do it
Old 15 June 2001, 21:16   #12
MethodGit

Hooooo Shit!!!

Sorry if I confused anyone, that was just a typo!
Old 15 June 2001, 21:50   #13
Amiga1992

Yup yup, that's what I did, because it was confusing. Though I had problems :P Thanks RCK for letting me know how to do the thread title change thing

Off to play moer F-Zero

<-- addicted
Old 21 June 2001, 19:29   #14
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Ok..I really am riled up here..I cannot understand how people could like pinball games...what the hell is the deal??Is it so primitive that it appeals to a lower case mentality in all of us??
Real pinall stinks, but video pinball...ugh!!!!!!!!!
Please don't give me any "Well that's your opinion, Fred " etc..it IS my opinion, I DO see that lots of people like pinball, I am not trying to convince anyone to stop liking them...its just that I had to say...THEY STINK
Old 21 June 2001, 21:57   #15
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Your loss, is all I've got to say...
Old 21 June 2001, 22:45   #16
Khephren

Was that really worth posting? If I hate a game thats is being discussed, I just ignore the conversation.

Old 22 June 2001, 10:42   #17
Tim Janssen

Arrow The Gamesplayer Theory

Okay, I have a theory about gamesplayers which can cause some disagreement.
Generally there are two kinds of gamesplayers: the ones who love to play a quick game for a few hours which require quick reflexes. The other type of players are the ones who like to play a complex intense game which requires some thinking and they play them for many, many hours.
The Pinball games definitely fall in the first category. They are easy to get into and you can play them many times without getting bored.

Generally I prefer these easy-to-get-into games. Think about Tetris, Bust-a-Move, and many shoot-'em ups. They do not require heavy thinking and you can play them at any time of day in any mood. That is why I am not a big fan of adventure games and 99% of the RPG's that crowd the PC nowadays. You really have to free up time to start playing these type of games.
Old 22 June 2001, 10:51   #18
Khephren

Think I would agree with that Tim.

I hate games generally. I was always more interested in drawing or doing my own creations. The games I did play did not require hours/days to vaguely interesting.

I love Tetris (my version is coming along nicely now thanks for asking ), it is easy to get into and then gets the old grey matter going.

I do like HL Counter Strike which is just a great release, and there is great satisfaction in shooting your friends on a LAN/NET game.

I think the reason Pinball Fantasies/Dreams were so popular was

a) Silents Sweden were behind it (trivial I know)
b) previous Pinball games where just absolute shite
c) the game was fast paced
d) you didn't have spend 50p per game in pub after 10 pints

Old 22 June 2001, 19:30   #19
Amiga1992

Yep, agree with Tim too, though I add a third, crossbreed type, those who like a bit of both

Personally I don't have time anymore for playing a complex-type game. Ok, I play them from time to time (it uses to be the brilliant Strategy/RPG Faselei! on the NEoGeo Pocket Color), but I'd finish them in 10 years at the pace I play them :P So, I preffer a quick blast of a game.
Old 23 June 2001, 10:31   #20
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I played the PC version of Slam Tilt... it's nice, but not really great, don't know how to compare with the Amiga version..

so, talking about Amiga pinball games... I have to say Pinball Dreams is my fav, even although Fantasies is more "advanced", I think the tables on dreams are better. Ignition was average, and the other 3 tables were top-notch. In fantasies, only the Cross & Bones and Partyland were nice IMO, so , I'll stick with fantasies...

Before Dreams on amiga, there was a GREAT pinball game for MSX called Roller-Ball, but you guys probably never heard about it :-)

On PC there's 2 FANTASTIC Pinball games, one called Balls of Steel, it has 5 tables, and if you like the Digitall Illusions game, you'll probably like this one, as they are very similar (but BoS is MUCH, MUCH more advanced, with 5 balls multiball, video-mode and other nice stuff like that)

and there's my favourite pinball game ever, Addiction Pinball from Team17 ... Although this one has only 2 tables (Worms and World Rally Fever), it's just great, both tables has LOTS of features, the pyshicis are simple PERFECT, and the graphics look REAL.... the only thing missing is that I can't REALLY hit the table to tilt the ball (Press space to nudge the table will never feel the same way )