English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 06 April 2009, 07:36   #1
AmigaDave

Plan early .................... AmiWest2009!

Instead of cross posting a link to another site, I will copy and paste my post.

I know it is way early to start discussing AmiWest, but many people make their vacation plans early in the year.

With all the activity that is still happening in the Amiga community "after all these years" wouldn't it be great to support AmiWest and all other Amiga related events this year by increasing their attendance by 30%, 50%, dare I say even 100% over the attendance numbers from last year?

I had a great time last year at AmiWest and I am already trying to think of ways to make this year even better. I suggest that all of you choose one or more Amiga events that you could attend and start making your travel plans and thinking of how you can make the event and your participation there a worthwhile activity for yourself and others in our tiny niche community.

We had a great dinner after AmiWest last year, where it seemed that almost everyone from the show met at the same restaurant/bar to eat and afterward, without any set plan for it to happen, many people ended up coming to my hotel room to watch and play with Chris C's newly purchased MiniMig and talk about various topics until there was no more room to fit another person into the room. The guys from AmigaKit were there, Jens from Individual Computers too and many, many more. The last of them did not leave until well after midnight and I had all the capacitors replaced on my A1200 mobo for free (I just paid for the parts) by one of the members here who had volunteered his services. It was preventative maintenance, not a repair and I can't thank you enough for your patience and fine work. We had a great time and I look forward to this year being even better.

Let's max out the capacity of the hotel where AmiWest is usually held and have one hell of an Amiga party this year!

Edit: I am not one of the organizers of the AmiWest event, just a participant that tries to contribute to the event.
Old 06 April 2009, 08:16   #2
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Sounds like fun, I assume it is somewhere in the U.S. Maybe let us know where it is held and dates would be cool too.
Old 23 July 2009, 20:19   #3
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Hey guys,

Lucky me, I just happen to live the in the very city where this is taking place.

It is taking place in Sacramento California (USA of course) on October 16-18th here:

Capital City Hotel
2600 Auburn Blvd.
Sacramento California 95821
The reason I am posting is to see if anyone is interested in a little extra curricular activities while they are in town? I would be happy to organize some pints at our best pubs if anyone is interested.

I am heading to our local Amiga users group meeting on Monday to get a better feel for how this event goes down. I have never been but am looking forward to it this year. I am excited to see what kind of hardware makes it to the event. Amigakit is confirmed which is enough for me...
Old 23 July 2009, 20:23   #4
illy5603

Also looks like Jens Shoenfeld might attend and it is confirmed that individual computers is a co-sponsor of the event. This is getting really exciting!

More here:
Old 29 July 2009, 08:34   #5
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
Also looks like Jens Shoenfeld might attend and it is confirmed that individual computers is a co-sponsor of the event. This is getting really exciting!

More here:

Cool, it's about time he spilled the beans on CloneA
Old 29 July 2009, 14:15   #6
Firthy2002
2nd era...

Send a message via ICQ to Firthy2002 Send a message via AIM to Firthy2002 Send a message via MSN to Firthy2002 Send a message via Yahoo to Firthy2002
It's on the weekend of my birthday!

Shame a plane ticket to the US is out of my price league...
Old 05 August 2009, 05:12   #7
bonkers

Is there anyone on this forum that is from the Bay Area and are planning to go to Amiwest? I've just moved to the US and would be interested to meet up with fellow amigans on this side of the pond so Amiwest seems like a good thing to attend.
Old 07 August 2009, 16:46   #8
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
Is there anyone on this forum that is from the Bay Area and are planning to go to Amiwest? I've just moved to the US and would be interested to meet up with fellow amigans on this side of the pond so Amiwest seems like a good thing to attend.
Not sure I can attend, I'm not too far, in PDX, but still a decent trip down to Sacto.

Since it's in the state capital, will the Governator be there

Old 07 August 2009, 21:29   #9
Cammy

He should be there, he's starred in more Amiga games than anyone else!
Old 08 August 2009, 21:15   #10
illy5603

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
@BONKERS

Well I live here and will be attending the show (duh) and would like to get a group of us together for some Amiga talk outside the show (I am thinking beer!) so yes, send a PM!

@JIMMIJO

If I lived in Portland I probably wouldn't leave either. You guys have freaking ARCADES still! Flights arent that expensive though.

Amigas! Beer! Lets make this happen! hehe
Old 16 August 2009, 06:22   #11
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
@BONKERS

Well I live here and will be attending the show (duh) and would like to get a group of us together for some Amiga talk outside the show (I am thinking beer!) so yes, send a PM!

@JIMMIJO

If I lived in Portland I probably wouldn't leave either. You guys have freaking ARCADES still! Flights arent that expensive though.

Amigas! Beer! Lets make this happen! hehe
Yeah, Electric Castle Wonderland are still around here....

Maybe my pals over at Widmer Brewing would pay for the road trip and bring along some Hefe too