English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 30 August 2008, 19:11   #1
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Wanted - Star Pilots (incredibly heroic variety) ;)

Hi,
A couple of us on the newsgroup comp.sys.amiga.games are putting that space action game "Epic" from DID/Ocean, through its paces at the moment.

I quite like it, but we've run into a problem. On the second space combat mission, which I believe is actually Mission 5, Galactic Storm, I (we) cannot complete the mission without running out of fuel.

I noticed in the earlier space combat mission there were what apperared to be friendly fuel ships in the convoy, but no amount of trying got me a refuel (although I managed it on a planetary mission). I just about managed to get through the space mission on one tank of fuel - but I don#t think that is possible on the current mission.

So has anybody managed to refuel in space in the game epic?

And I don't mean by pressing the cheat key, even if that's how the Amiga Power reviewer managed it.

Cheers for any help, and may the farce be with you.
Old 31 August 2008, 00:50   #2
Photon

Anyone have the manual for it? I'm sure they didn't make an uncompletable (bluergh) game. Might be a bug, but I guess you've tried the different versions.
Old 31 August 2008, 11:35   #3
BippyM
Global Moderator

I completed EPIC back in the day without cheats, the game is unbelievably easy, but guess what!

Yup this was 15yrs or more and I cannot remember Sorry!

Oh and prerss enter on the numeric keypad to refuel oh and http://amr.abime.net/review_27602
Old 01 September 2008, 13:39   #4
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
I completed EPIC back in the day without cheats, the game is unbelievably easy, but guess what!

Yup this was 15yrs or more and I cannot remember Sorry!

Talk is cheap Bippym - go get the game, and replay the (CETUS) mission!

Actually for all the talk about the game being easy, the AP reviewer admits he couldn't sort out the first mission, and cheated later on by using the cheat key. I think the main problem is refuelling. You get a bearing (and an accompanying blip on the radar) but the fuel cannisters are very difficult to actually see - especially in space, although my TV card and failing vision may be a contributing factor.