English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Asm / Hardware

Old 23 July 2018, 22:21   #81
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
EDIT2: Change log entry: "Reset horizontal display window if it is still active at the end of scanline (even if it is
larger than last hpos value) if programmed mode or superhires. Perhaps this is wrong, perhaps not,
not bothered to test yet.. (Background "leak" in right edge in some wide programmed mode screens)"

Probably never confirmed..

I guess test code that does not try any tricks is good, even if it is not real hardware tested. Maybe.
As expected, superhires does not make any difference in this situation in real hardware. It probably is related to some BEAMCON0 bit. Unfortunately I didn't note which are those some wide programmed modes..

--

Superhires resolution (BPLCON0) isn't working correctly yet in subpixel mode. (Display panel superhires works as long as "real" resolution is hires or lores)
Old 23 July 2018, 22:50   #82
ross
Omnia fert aetas

Quote:
As expected, superhires does not make any difference in this situation in real hardware. It probably is related to some BEAMCON0 bit. Unfortunately I didn't note which are those some wide programmed modes..
Good, another AGA feature emulated.
At the end the behavior that seemed so strange to me had a reason
Not that now wants to try other oddities, I repeat, it was involuntary.

Thanks for the update!
Old 24 July 2018, 13:32   #83
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
Good, another AGA feature emulated.
At the end the behavior that seemed so strange to me had a reason
There is no features emulated. It was simple wrong condition where superhires was part of it when it should not have been.

Superhires resolution (BPLCON0 resolution) should now work better in subpixel mode. (Still some odd corruption in Roots 2 AGA rotozoomer but this has nothing to do with superhires)
Old 24 July 2018, 18:03   #84
ross
Omnia fert aetas

I do not know if it can be useful, but attached a little binary that takeover the system and you can perfectly observe the problem that I indicated in previous posts.

Setup: AGA, 020+, Subpixel emulation; Host: Superhires, Windows 1504x min., No scaling, 1x Hsize.
Amiga registers: FMODE=3, BPLCON0=2200, DIWSTRT=xx5c, DIWSTOP=xxc7, DDFSTRT=$18, DDFSTOP=$c0.
Full use of BPLCON1 bits, so a quarter pixels scroll of 256 positions.
COLOR01=0fff, COLOR02=0f00, COLOR03=00f0.

Bitplane point to some garbage area ($0), but same value for the two, so there should be all greens points.
But at the far left margin you can view a column of mixed green, white and red pixels
Use right mouse button to shift screen to right, LMB to left. Both to exit.
Useful to see the behavior of the bitplanes (confirmed that is the even numbered that make the "ghost") and it is also possible to understand which points are replicated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip fullgh.zip (664 Bytes, 13 views)
Old 24 July 2018, 18:25   #85
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
I do not know if it can be useful, but attached a little binary that takeover the system and you can perfectly observe the problem that I indicated in previous posts.
Yes, this was simple enough to find the problem, thanks. Last line buffer flush flushed far too much data in some mode combinations, wrapping around to next line. Fixes also Roots 2.
Old 25 July 2018, 00:29   #86
ross
Omnia fert aetas

Quote:
Yes, this was simple enough to find the problem, thanks. Last line buffer flush flushed far too much data in some mode combinations, wrapping around to next line. Fixes also Roots 2.
You are welcome.

Just to complete the matter.
I've opened the right border (same exe, DIWSTOP=xxc8) and after some shift there also 'ghosting'. It's right this way?
(I perfectly remember the gap and the 'repeated part' in a real machine with some BPLCON1 values and high DDFSTOP used,
but certainly I can not remember if there was such an effect, sorry..)
Attached Files
File Type: zip fullgh_r.zip (668 Bytes, 16 views)
Old 26 July 2018, 14:43   #87
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Right side bug is now fixed. Also "horizontal diwstop bplcon1 chipset bug" variables were not recalculated when switching subpixel mode on/off on the fly. Also fixed now.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 26 July 2018 at 16:57. Reason: Fixed "pixel stretching"
Old 29 July 2018, 12:18   #88
ross
Omnia fert aetas

Quote:
Right side bug is now fixed. Also "horizontal diwstop bplcon1 chipset bug" variables were not recalculated when switching subpixel mode on/off on the fly. Also fixed now.
Yes, no more "pixels stretch" weird effect.
And I don't think there are more things to fix in this field.

Great work, thanks!
Old 10 October 2018, 21:50   #89
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSizzle View Post
On AGA the BRDRBLNK is applied a half pixel early on the left hand side on real hardware
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...7&postcount=20 this game does not have borderblank delay visible on real A1200.

It looks like this "feature" isn't as simple as was originally assumed.