English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 30 January 2013, 22:00   #221
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila06 View Post
I agree 100%. But I have made the following conversions to the Amiga:

1) Full working movie called Feast 3 (Normal HAM: Works in all the Amiga models)
2) Full working movie called Epic Movie (HAM8: Works only in AGA Amiga models)
3) Full working episode of Ren and Stimpies total four. (Normal HAM: Works in all Amiga models)

If anybody have an FTP server they don't mind me sending them to them I will be more than happy. They are a bit too big for a normal file sharing website online, for example Feast3 is 6 GB and epic movie is 7 GB. There is an NTFS file reading system in aminet that allows Amiga to READ ONLY NTFS this allows people to have external HD in NTFS and upload all their Amiga movies there and using either SCSI or USB to watch movies in their classic Amiga.
Old 31 January 2013, 23:27   #222
NovaCoder

Hiya,

Can you do a guide on how you made the HAM8 movie (tools used etc), I tried and failed miserably
Old 31 January 2013, 23:36   #223
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Hiya,

Can you do a guide on how you made the HAM8 movie (tools used etc), I tried and failed miserably
Anything for the person who is converting DosBOX for Amiga AGA GIVING AMIGA 1200/4000 A WHOLE MEANING OF ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM hehehe..

Simple: You use the famous Total Video Converter program to convert the video in rawless avi video, as usual.

When you have done that successfully then you use the other program called VirtualDub, in the filter setting you resize it to 320 X 200, you add the error dithering filter. In the frame rate you convert it to 25 fps and set the audio to match it. Check in Amiga.org under amigaclassicrule posts..there when I mention ren and stimpy you will find in the second page or third (kind remember) the fps rate that match the correct audio khz so that they synch together. I tend to make all my videos 25 fps with the correct audio khz and they synch both audio and video 100% all the time.

In the color depth of VirtualDub set it to 24 Bit RGB (888). Then use avi4hvaga version and then use hamaga to run your movie in aga. THE END RESULT ALL THE VIDEOs in AGA look 100% like normal DVD in 32 bit color in Windows instead of the crap 16 bit RGB that looks still low end quality in Amiga. I am thinking of reconverting feast 3 from normal ocs/ecs to aga only. In fact from here and going on...all my movies when converted is going to be AGA only. I am planning to host my movies for download through Amiga 1200. So if anyone decides to hack my computer they will be disappointed because no virus or adware or spyware will work on A1200.

I will post in amiga.org how to turn my A1200 into a server and how to secure files from deletion...and then people can just download movies from my A1200. I may ask aminet if I can upload 6 GB worth of file in aminet..in this case I would just upload my movies in aminet and you guys can download it. If I cannot contribute in the Amiga in making games as fast enough I can at least do it by releasing movies to be run on Amiga classic.
Old 01 February 2013, 00:04   #224
NovaCoder

Cool, thanks for that I'll give it another go
Old 01 February 2013, 00:14   #225
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Cool, thanks for that I'll give it another go
If you have any questions or you still cannot do it no matter what. I am willing to do the conversions for you, simply send me your video...I will convert it and send you the hv converted file back.
Old 03 February 2013, 21:09   #226
Leandro Jardim

I read in Amiga World magazine of one program to edit and compile ANIM files with sound into executables, and was said there that it gives a big increase in the framerate. Its name was ClariSSA and can be found on Amiga Future website.

With programs like ADPro, ProControl, AnimWorkshop etc... I guess should be possible to create full motion videos with them and ClariSSA, following what that magazine said, but I never tried it.

What it does is compile the frames and sound of the animation into inline code that uses the blitter to draw every pixel of the animation. Like Photon said earlier, this was the biggest bottleneck for making full motion video on Amiga, and ClariSSA was said to overcome it at most animations with sound.

Since tdm started the development of the HV format, and it works well, would be good to him if he continue the project of the development of this file format, and maybe one day turn it into some ClariSSA of the 21th century or even into a file format competitor of AVI/MPG, maybe a "jit video format" executable for Amiga, thinking big.

PS. I am constrained to give this tip while everyone loves HV...

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 04 February 2013 at 02:04.
Old 04 February 2013, 02:40   #227
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
I read in Amiga World magazine of one program to edit and compile ANIM files with sound into executables, and was said there that it gives a big increase in the framerate. Its name was ClariSSA and can be found on Amiga Future website.

With programs like ADPro, ProControl, AnimWorkshop etc... I guess should be possible to create full motion videos with them and ClariSSA, following what that magazine said, but I never tried it.

What it does is compile the frames and sound of the animation into inline code that uses the blitter to draw every pixel of the animation. Like Photon said earlier, this was the biggest bottleneck for making full motion video on Amiga, and ClariSSA was said to overcome it at most animations with sound.

Since tdm started the development of the HV format, and it works well, would be good to him if he continue the project of the development of this file format, and maybe one day turn it into some ClariSSA of the 21th century or even into a file format competitor of AVI/MPG, maybe a "jit video format" executable for Amiga, thinking big.

PS. I am constrained to give this tip while everyone loves HV...
Actually, what I really want right now if possible write a GUI program either by amiblitz or whatever programming language and uses HAMAGA or HAMP as the internal engine. Then it comes out in WB window, you can resize the window, go full screen or whatever, and then like VLCPlayer GUI I can play movies, pause movies, rewind movies, forward movies, play movies in workbench screen and the movie screen resize based on the window, or go in full screen. The GUI program also is smart enough to figure out the hv file if it is AGA or not. If it is AGA and ran on a non-AGA classic Amiga it will prompt a message saying this video will only work on AGA Amiga system. In the full screen I can use the mouse to double click anywhere in the movie screen to return back to workbench screen and resize the window as it plays the movie..I click X button on the window to close the movie and so forth. This is what HAMP and HAMAGA is missing. This way...we have a VLC like player for classic Amiga without the need of AN RTG card or anything and can run on a 68030 Amiga and up.
Old 01 May 2013, 14:01   #228
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
That is my problem. Anyone who have faced the same problem but resolved it, I would love your help in this regard so I can continue my work.
Best idea is to convert video framerate and audio framerate to some common number. Conversion can be performed with help of AVISynth and plugin MVTools, sound sample rate conversion to for example 28375.16Hz can be performed with for example SOX.
For longer movies anyway correction must be implemented (for example variable audio buffer length and/or variable sampling rate).

--

Look Ma! no hands! FMV on STEphane

[ Show youtube player ]

btw - perhaps someone can find this useful - picture converter for Amiga formats (not dynamics IMHO)

[ Show youtube player ]
http://www.ilnx.cz/index.php/download-lnxspectrum/

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm View Post
Well, as mentioned before, I successfully made binary file under WinXP. Original version always crashed when I entered all parameters (and they were OK). So let's try it and let me know if it's better now. I tried also to make a port for Mac OS X, but since there is no VirtualDub alternative, it has no sense..
Look at ppmtoilbm (part of netpbm package) - can be probably easily changed to something like avi4hv - perhaps even better (with reasonable dither - not FS which is not very suitable for HAM).

Last edited by pandy71; 01 May 2013 at 19:03.
Old 26 November 2021, 22:12   #229
Cios

My latest cdxl ham8.
I'm a big fan of cdxl
Pitty it didn't work with cd32 games because of Commodore being to lame to include videos.
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Cios; 28 November 2021 at 17:22.
Old 27 November 2021, 15:27   #230
stevelord

What's that GUI tool at the start of the video?
Old 27 November 2021, 20:09   #231
Cios

You Can find it here:
http://aminet.net/package/gfx/misc/cdgsxlGUI2
Old 30 November 2021, 16:27   #232
Cios

[ Show youtube player ]

Sometimes I have an irresistible need to convert to cdxl
So I present another fresh conversion.
Now I feel satisfied with this topic for a while; P