Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 30 July 2019, 20:58   #1
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Serbia stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
We better don't go this route on this topic or this forum. I believe one of the rules prohibits politics and religion, and this is where this train is heading into.
Do not believe. Know that there are rules:
http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=eab...pic_guidelines

Your only belief should be that RCK is EAB's god .

There is a fine line between political matters and history matters which obviously are related to political matters. Theoretically, you could discuss about political events which lead to a war for instance, but it might indeed get heated and bring comparisons with modern political topics.

So I guess a few examples related to personal/familial history is OK, but going for more general stuff is riskier. Feel free to discuss via PMs if you want though.
Old 02 August 2019, 14:41   #2
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by thellier View Post
Certainly Serbia that suffers so much the war, like France after World War 1 around 1920 [2] , is in some kind of optimistic feeling about future
Much like when a forest has burned the grass grow fast and better
I wish you were correct, but unfortunately, many people is very depressed here, and my personal optimism, is, I guess, just a way I learn to think in a youth, and not trying to find immediately bad things in every single aspect of life. I am happy with my achievements so far. It's not big achievements, but they don't need to be big, and as long I go small steps forward, I will be happy

Quote:
Except First World War started due to Bosnian Serb killing Archduke Ferdinand in capital of Bosnia, Sarajevo.
All wars started in 90's were initiated from Serbia and it all ended with bombing of Serbia 20 years ago.
That is not serbs point of view.
Wars in 90's have a little bit more deepness, then simply stating like that.
Let's say Texas tomorrow decides to get independence, and decides to depart (by force) every person that supports US government. How do you think US army would react?
The wars on the Balkan in 90's was mainly because foreign superpowers wanted it, and less because people on the Balkans wanted it. I am sure, majority of the Balkan people in every nation would agreed.

As for Ferdinand. Again, serbs have a different perspective on that. I personally do not approve what Gavrilo did (because there are other (more honorable) ways to fight), but in many serbs opinion, that murder was similar, like if some france man would murder Hitler, after he walks victoriously into Paris.

Not trying to start political debate here, just giving you second point of view, and I am perfectly fine, if you disagree.
Old 02 August 2019, 16:10   #3
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

And that is exactly why I said that this discussion will not go well from here.

Firstly, I do understand you can believe something like that due to state run media propaganda and pride of your people that makes it hard to believe what really happened.

I strongly suggest you to watch 'Death Of Yugoslavia' - neutral look at what really happened and with timeline and video coverage of everything from Tito's death to rise of Milosevic and his promise - 'Vas niko ne smije da bije...'

All 3 republics that separated from Yugoslavia were allowed to do so in their constitutions, and all were recognized by international community - Serbia did not like that it lost power and control over all of them (all federal money went to Belgrade), and lets remember, Serbs were not majority in neither one of them, but wanted to force everyone to stay with Serbia?!

So your example if flawed, what if number of those wanting to stay in country is smaller then those that want to exit??

Want to tell us what is 'Memorandum SANU'?
Old 02 August 2019, 16:40   #4
d4rk3lf

And again.

You think I am colored by our internal propaganda, and I think you are colored by western propaganda.
"Death of Yugoslavia" is totally biased documentary, and many of the interviews were cut, and edited so it was proper to use in their own propaganda.
Let me recommend you a documentary "The weight of chains", and it's not documentary that praise serbs, or anything... it clearly point's who's biggest fault is, because of the war (and it's neither of Balkan countries).

If majority of people want to declare independence, there is 2 opinions: Some say they can, some say then shouldn't be allowed.
I am for the second opinion, because, tomorrow, for example, majority of muslims could ask to be independent from France... to cut a part of it's territory.. that I do not approve. Or turks in Germany.
However, I understand if someone approves that majority should have rights on independence, however, does it means that majority should expel minority from that country? I guess no, but that is what happen to serbs on many places (forced to move out, beaten, lost jobs... etc).

We can go on and on, and I enjoy exchanging the views with you, because you're a polite person, and very nice.
Let's open a new thread about this, so we don't ruin this one?
If mods disapprove, feel free to write me PM, and we can continue conversation.

Last edited by d4rk3lf; 02 August 2019 at 20:08.
Old 02 August 2019, 18:42   #5
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Nah, no need to open separate topic on this. We are all allowed to own opinions and civil discussion is possible and I used to discuss this to death in different forums from Balkans back in 00's.

Reason I said 'Death of Yugoslavia' is actually neutral because just like today, back then I used to follow politics and it was actually exactly how it happened. Not sure what you mean 'edited', as you can find actual interviews and videos and they will not give you anything different from what happened.

I never said that everyone can declare interdependence and decide to separate, but if call for independence is actually included in constitution of federation, why there would be a problem?? In USA such a thing does not exist, thus any call for independence is not valid.

We never had anyone lose job, being beaten or forced to move until Serbs took power and did exactly all of those 3 things, plus confiscation of all property, creation of mass camps and ethnic cleansing, for which all in power and in Army ended up in Hague. Telling this from my own experience, and like someone who was there when it happened.

Tell you the truth, what is going there today is no better then what it happened back then. Still the same (if not worst) people on power and people are just either to ignorant to figure out, or plain stupid to realize that they are being taken for a ride in both BiH and Serbia. I guess, when criminals get power, they don't like to give it easily...
Old 02 August 2019, 20:07   #6
d4rk3lf

So, you are from BIH?
Zašto onda pricamo na engleskom?

Anyway, in most parts I agree, I only say that western powers installed these criminals and politician (on all sides), and that common folks, and ordinary people, never wanted to fight.
I thought you're some guy from foreign country, that has nothing to do with these wars, and only interested in subject, but if you have survived tragedy, I am very very sorry, and I will be careful, and respect that.
Old 02 August 2019, 21:22   #7
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Quote:
Nah, no need to open separate topic on this.
Since your discussion is not related to the "anger" thread it would have been a good idea (or to talk via PM). Now I did move the posts in this very new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Zašto onda pricamo na engleskom?
Because it is the English Amiga Board obviously.

Now, you guys have not done anything really wrong but as stated in the rules this kind of discussion often derails. I will keep a close watch and lock/delete if need be. Other mods might even decide to do this at will.
Old 02 August 2019, 22:35   #8
d4rk3lf

Hah... what a name of a thread!

No worries lilalurl, we will keep it very civilized, although probably, PM is the best, because I assume, no one is really interested in this topic, except me and Anubis, so PM is just fine with me.
If anyone else is interested in this topic (reading 2 different opinions on how war started on Balkans), I am willing to contribute, whenever I have free time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Because it is the English Amiga Board obviously.
Hah.. the reason I wrote that, is because, I saw in the past, that people from serbia, croatia, bosnia are arguing to each other on foreign forums, while all speak english.
Witch is kind of dumb, because they all perfectly understand each-other in their mother language.
I always felt this... like... married couples go to the neghbour house to argue about their internal problems (while neighbor is not really interested), and that always disgusting to me.
That's why I said above.
Old 02 August 2019, 23:27   #9
lilalurl
Global Moderator

The thread title was what came to mind at the time .

I can change it if you have a better suggestion.
Old 03 August 2019, 01:49   #10
d4rk3lf

You did a great job, no worries man...

@Anubis
Edit:
Nevernind

Last edited by d4rk3lf; 03 August 2019 at 12:35.
Old 03 August 2019, 08:51   #11
thellier

Hello gentlemen

please juste note that I didnt wanted to open serb debate
My point was only to explain that several western countries like France,Portugal,etc... are globally un depression
I was explaining that to someone serb but he could have been corean,chinese or whatever...
Perhaps we should come back on topic about anger and depression
But i guess all bas been said, no ?
Old 03 August 2019, 12:44   #12
d4rk3lf

No worries man.
You didn't started debate, and I pretty much agree to everything you said.
They Anubis replied you, stating that serbs started every war on Balkan, and I had to reply.
That is what started debate.