English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 06 April 2007, 06:02   #1
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
A4000 board id request (video toaster ?)

there are a couple of A 4000's auctioned at yahoo japan at the moment, and I'm kind of puzzled whether to buy them or not. They seem to have some video toaster stuff on them, and one of them seems to have a centronics scsi port. I would be glad if you have an opinion what these babies likely to have inside ?

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b75210778
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b75210792

And my second question is, if they have a working video toaster board, how much is it worth ? I don't need video toaster equipment, I'm just after the A4000, so I'm trying to guess if this is a good buy for 25000 yen (= 210$)
. They are sold as is, the seller says they power on and HDD starts to spin, but he has no chance to connect them to a monitor (yeah fishy)
Old 15 April 2007, 02:24   #2
Secret Vampire

I can only see pictures for the one with the centronics port, which appears to have some kind of video card in there, but it couldn't be a toaster since it has the wrong number of ports, and isn't in the video slot, it could conceivably be a flyer, but there wouldn't be much point without a toaster also in there. possibly a TBC or some kind of video processing board?
As far as the centronics port goes, I'm not aware of any Amiga SCSI controller with centronics, so I'd guess it's a breakout from an internal SCSI controller, or accelerator with onboard SCSI
Old 15 April 2007, 10:12   #3
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Only the first link produces a picture here, the big 50pin centronic SCSI connector card is a Fastlane Z3 card..dunno about the other two...some video production cards
Old 15 April 2007, 11:46   #4
coze

I got the first one, didn:t arrive yet (this tuesday) keeping fingers crossed that there is no battery leak ! I don:t think I need any of the cards I just need a good working A4000 mobo. The second one definitely had a video toaster setup. seems the picture has expired.
Old 15 April 2007, 11:51   #5
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by coze
I got the first one, didn:t arrive yet (this tuesday) keeping fingers crossed that there is no battery leak ! I don:t think I need any of the cards I just need a good working A4000 mobo. The second one definitely had a video toaster setup. seems the picture has expired.
Cool!, you're gonna have more A4000's than I have

You have a buyer here if you want to sell the Z3 Fastlane
Old 15 April 2007, 11:58   #6
coze

Ok just tell me this though, what good is a Z3 scsi card ? I mean I will put a cyberstorm MKII there so I thought I won't need it. Even if it's faster than the cyberstorm's scsi, I don't think it's necessary.

edit : oops I just looked it up and it seems you can also put ram on it so I may hold on to it for a while

Last edited by coze; 15 April 2007 at 12:05.
Old 15 April 2007, 12:37   #7
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by coze
Ok just tell me this though, what good is a Z3 scsi card ? I mean I will put a cyberstorm MKII there so I thought I won't need it. Even if it's faster than the cyberstorm's scsi, I don't think it's necessary.

edit : oops I just looked it up and it seems you can also put ram on it so I may hold on to it for a while
I think the CyberSCSI module if faster, at least that's the results I have got from testing both cards SCSI speeds

Remember, you can't use a '060 card with a Z3 fastlane unless you upgrade the rom chip on it...your computer won't boot with it