English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 21 May 2011, 02:46   #1
CyckoNos

Full screen questions

its really works thx for hint!
i have one more question - about full screen resolution.
i used 1920x1080 resolution, when i started amiga games in the window everything is OK (on the down, right side i choosen X2) but when game goes in to the full screen aspect ratio is strange and resolution is 800x600 (sometimes 758x560)
what i must do to have full resolution 1920x1080 with aspect ratio screen (4:3)
Regards

Old 21 May 2011, 14:15   #2
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
beats me hehehe but its probably something in the filters
I always use it in a window

I also don`t use amigaforever as using winuae neat as it were is much more suited to my needs

start a new thread and ask
Old 22 May 2011, 00:12   #3
antonvaltaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyckoNos View Post
what i must do to have full resolution 1920x1080 with aspect ratio screen (4:3)
What version of Amiga Forever are you using? If you're using 2011 version (free upgrade from 2010) then if you UNcheck 'Use hardware full-screen modes' it will use WinUAE's 'full-window' mode at whatever resolution you have Windows set to.

Aspect ratio correction in full-screen mode should be automatically set to 4:3, but in the current version of Amiga Forever, if the original game didn't use the full 4:3 TV screen, it will be stretched to a 4:3 ratio. For example I noticed that Putty looks a bit weird, while, say, Alien Breed looks fine.

I contacted Cloanto and apparently there's going to be an option to change this in the next version (don't know if that will be another free upgrade or not). If you can't wait till then, you can open WinUAE from the Tools menu ('Tools' > 'Open Plugin') and have more fine-tuned control over filters, aspect ratios etc.

EDIT: Mods, is it worth breaking off this thread from post #4 into a new thread?
Old 22 May 2011, 00:16   #4
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonvaltaz View Post
EDIT: Mods, is it worth breaking off this thread from post #4 into a new thread?
Seems like and done.
Old 22 May 2011, 14:02   #5
CyckoNos

antonvaltaz thx for your replays, was very helpful - I uncheck 'Use hardware full-screen modes'.
About aspect ratio correction in full screen (also in window) - every time when start a game i press F12/Filter/ and load preset - D3D Autoscale - after that aspect ratio correction is OK.
Is any way to save this option? its burdensome if i must each time correct filter option.
Examples:
1st picture - no ratio correction
2nd - after load preset D3D Autoscale
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	defnocor.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	28718   Click image for larger version

Name:	defcor.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	28719  

Old 22 May 2011, 14:25   #6
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
antonvaltaz thx for your replays, was very helpful - I uncheck 'Use hardware full-screen modes'.
About aspect ratio correction in full screen (also in window) - every time when start a game i press F12/Filter/ and load preset - D3D Autoscale - after that aspect ratio correction is OK.
Is any way to save this option? its burdensome if i must each time correct filter option.
Examples:
1st picture - no ratio correction
2nd - after load preset D3D Autoscale
Save the host config.
Other than that, save the overall config.

I normally do overall, if that doesnt remember, then I do host and attach that to the overall config.
Bit hard to explain.
Old 22 May 2011, 15:42   #7
CyckoNos

i saving the config file (host & overal) but it didn't work - dont load this when i started amiga forever, and choose some games or demos...

Old 22 May 2011, 15:47   #8
s2325
Zone Friend

Do not use auto scale in demos - a lot of screen jumping.
Old 22 May 2011, 19:30   #9
antonvaltaz

Quote:
i saving the config file (host & overal) but it didn't work - dont load this when i started amiga forever, and choose some games or demos...
There may be a bit of confusion here... FOL (and likely others on EAB) will probably give advice about using WinUAE 'directly'.

If you're using the Amiga Forever Player software - as it sounds you are - then unfortunately there is no way around what you're doing at present - at least until the next version of Amiga Forever is released.

You can still FOL's advice by loading up WinUAE via the Tools > Open Plugin option, but if you're doing that you need to only load your ADFs etc via WinUAE, and not actually use the Amiga Forever Player at all.
Old 23 May 2011, 00:22   #10
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonvaltaz View Post
There may be a bit of confusion here... FOL (and likely others on EAB) will probably give advice about using WinUAE 'directly'.

If you're using the Amiga Forever Player software - as it sounds you are - then unfortunately there is no way around what you're doing at present - at least until the next version of Amiga Forever is released.

You can still FOL's advice by loading up WinUAE via the Tools > Open Plugin option, but if you're doing that you need to only load your ADFs etc via WinUAE, and not actually use the Amiga Forever Player at all.
Ah his first post didnt mention AF, doh, .
Old 23 May 2011, 00:27   #11
Graham Humphrey

The fact it's posted in the 'support.Amiga Forever' section should probably be a clue
Old 24 May 2011, 09:44   #12
CyckoNos

OK I understand that using AF i must go to options and change filter.
now it's clear for me but in next version of AF please make it easiest
fact is - I'm using Amiga Forever so I write my post (first post) in support of Amiga Forever...

Old 24 May 2011, 10:18   #13
antonvaltaz

Hey don't ask me, I don't work for Cloanto!

My advice would be to contact them - the more people request features I guess the more likely it is they'll add them, but I think they're a pretty small company and they do Amiga Forever 'on the side'.

http://www.amigaforever.com/contact/
Old 24 May 2011, 15:34   #14
CyckoNos

thx, yours answers was very helpful for me.
Regards