English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 25 November 2001, 03:30   #1
Unregistered

Sword of the Samurai

Does anybody know where I can get "Sword of the Samurai"?

AdSense AdSense  
Old 25 November 2001, 04:40   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I wasn't aware there was an Amiga version. And I'm probably right (that there isn't...)
Old 25 November 2001, 18:49   #3
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Unregistered poof, it never made it to the Amiga you little queer.
Old 26 November 2001, 03:10   #4
Unregistered

But look at www.thelegacy.de , a game museum. There .And I (the little queer n´ unregistered poof) read about it in a german amiga magazine in 1989.

Old 26 November 2001, 04:03   #5
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

:laugh
OK, You have passed my test. You are a cool guy, not getting angry. But, sorry to disappoint you. the Legacy has made many mistakes (they are human). The game never made it to the Amiga. I wish I were wrong, this game I have been looking for a long time.Please register.
Old 26 November 2001, 04:50   #6
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Fred is right. I could go there right now and find 10 errors in a matter of minutes. A lot of the info on the site was gathered from lists on the net. Many of these lists were created from fans who assume information based on such unreliable information as Game Preview sections of magazines (those games often are never completed) or from adverts (when ads are made, platform releases may be planned and later shelved for whatever reason, while the ad remains as originally designed) or from catalogues. Some lists are made because someone swears they remember the game on the Amiga, but they are, in fact, thinking of a different platform. Still, others are assumed that since an ST or C64 version exists, it is probable that an Amiga version exists. This, of course, is pure speculation.

I was on the EAGER (Every Amiga Game Ever Released) site earlier today and looked up Grand Prix Circuit. The listed publisher was Microprose. Most people who see this will assume it to be correct. They might even add it to their own site or database. But the fact is, that game was released by Accolade. So where do they get Microprose from? Simple error: they are confusing it with Formula One Grand Prix (PC title: World Circuit) which was published by Microprose. And for the record, that site lists FAR from Every Amiga Game Ever Released...

An example from Legacy is 4 Quattro: Fighters, which is only listed as being on the C64/C128, but I am holding an original of this compilation in my lap right now. I am not slagging off Legacy, mind you. It's a very good resource. It's just not perfect. And there is always the outside possibility that Sword of the Samurai does exist on the Amiga. But I seriously doubt it. And as always, I hope I am wrong and would love to be proven wrong!

In fact, if you know the German magazine and which issue, or even better, have scans, this might help in establishing yay or nay. I, too, have lots of articles about games that ended up not being released. Magazines are provided with advance review copies of games (because of the lead time magazines must have, so the published edition can coincide with a game's street date), but there are times when the actual release never happens. Putty Squad would be the textbook example of this.
Old 29 November 2001, 12:49   #7
myself

Eek Sword of the Samurai

Thank you for the information (and I´m not angry).
It is disappointing to hear about Sword of the Samurai could have been never released. But I´ve gone too far to stop now. I won´t give up hope to find it someday (or not). Perhaps there is still a little chance.
look I´m registered!!

Old 29 November 2001, 12:55   #8
Paul
RIP Friends

Here is a link I just found of the MS-Dos game
http://www.mobygames.com/game/view_r...50/gameId,246/
http://www.bhlegend.com/php/show.php3?game=277

Last edited by Paul; 29 November 2001 at 13:05.
AdSense AdSense