English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 25 December 2009, 19:01   #141
Kyon
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kyon
you are right my friend i saw problems uae pack with 2.0.1 Full pack better for me
Old 27 December 2009, 23:05   #142
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

v25 up and running on my A1200.
Thanks a lot Bloodwych.

Last edited by Retroplay; 09 January 2010 at 22:04. Reason: typo
Old 09 January 2010, 14:43   #143
Riempie
Amiga freak

Hi there!

I haven't touched my amiga's (2x A1200, 1x A500) for years and then I saw classicwb. It really brought back some good memories. So I decided to order some things from amigakit to bring classicwb to my A1200 systems.

I ordered 2 internal cf-hd's replacing the current/noisy/dying HD's. I also bought 2 external pcmcia cf-cards to transfer files from pc to the amiga (my brother also wants an Amiga again so that's why I ordered 2x)

I haven't received the stuff yet (ordered yesterday), but I've read the instructions on the classicwb page. I was wondering, why would I need the adf-install disk to install classicwb on my real amiga? I've already got clasicwb working in winuae, so I thought I could just copy the contents (zipped in winuae) to my real amiga replacing all the existing files. Am I missing something here? And if I do need the adf-install disk, should I run this from inside winuae or transfer this to a real disk first?
Old 09 January 2010, 15:02   #144
Bloodwych

On the site it mentions two methods - direct copying of files, or method 2 which uses the install disk.

The install disk does nothing more than unzip files to the hard drive, give you the option of deleting System.zip and replace the trashcan icon with a better looking one if present. So no, you don't need to use the install disk if you are happy unzipping/copying the files over yourself.
Old 09 January 2010, 15:10   #145
Riempie
Amiga freak

Cool, thx for your ultra-quick reply. I thought the disk was needed for every step within method 2.

I was wondering, how does a real amiga recognize classicwb? I mean, I must configure my cf-hd first before I can copy the files. Doesn't the contents of system.zip replace the settings I made in hd-toolbox? It'll probably be no problem, but I'm just curious.
Old 09 January 2010, 15:16   #146
Bloodwych

The CF-HD works just like a normal HD - the settings are stored in the RDB (Rigid Disk Block) or CF equivalent. This is only accessed when initially mounting the device by the Amiga's ROM and hard drive controller, and only changed through partitioning tools. Whatever settings and filesystem you set here stays in place no matter what you copy to it.

The only thing that needs to be activated ClassicWB side is Large HD support if you want to use partitions beyong the 4GB barrier. The info is in a sticky at the top of this ClassicWB subforum, as it also means selecting the correct filesystem too.
Old 25 March 2010, 10:41   #147
Anemos
70X7

hi Blood!
update link for v25 is broken! http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/updatev25.htm
Old 25 March 2010, 10:54   #148
DH
Global Moderator

Can be found here too Anemos http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/download.htm
Old 25 March 2010, 10:56   #149
Anemos
70X7

i need the update file only ! v25
Old 25 March 2010, 10:57   #150
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/update.htm
No Packs currently available for v25
Old 25 March 2010, 11:18   #151
Anemos
70X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
No Packs currently available for v25
oh.. by bad again.. and again..
Old 25 March 2010, 11:22   #152
seuden
uber cool demi god

Hehe, no worries Anemos.
Old 01 August 2010, 10:10   #153
DiskDoctor

Hello,

I used to be using ClassicWB some tima now. This kind of projects are of no less importance than the uae alopne.

But

Why is it not yet included in AmigaForever?? The API is public and maintaining several OS3.x environments on a PC is annoying and kindda pointless.

Wish you would port it into AF.

Great product again.

DD

Old 28 September 2010, 00:24   #154
Vicky

Smile Feedback

I am new to posting on boards so please bear with me while I learn.

I would like to compliment Bloodwych on her Amiga ClassicWB project. It is a wonderful emulation of the real Amigas, which I used when they came out. Thank you so much for this projecdt.
Old 28 September 2010, 03:02   #155
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Bloodwych is a dude. But I would like to also add my compliments to him as I use classicWB on two real amigas at the moment and soon a third... as soon as I find where I put that 8gb CF card...
Old 19 November 2010, 10:56   #156
lambrettadave

I would just like to say thanks for putting up a great package I am using it to its full now cheers bloodwych

Dave
Old 23 November 2010, 00:58   #157
Bloodwych

Thanks for dropping in guys (and girls) and sharing a few words. Much appreciated.
Old 14 July 2011, 02:59   #158
NovaCoder

I hate it and expect a full refund!

Ok seriously, been using the latest 3.9 version for a few weeks now and love it

A few questions/suggestions:

1) Ditch that nasty CuberBugFix patch
2) I'm not sure which IconBeFast patch you're using but it normally should only be run once and therefore cannot be disable/re-enabled via scripts.
3) On a real Miggy (ACA 030) I've found that Amplifier is better at playing back MP3's than SongPlayer, not sure what else SongPlayer is used for but if it's just for the same music formats as Amplifier I'd suggest you just stick with the default Amplifier (and also upgrade it to v2.3 if possible).
4) How do you remove components from the workbench/settings/components menu buttons? For example I would like to remove the button for enabling CyberBugFix if it's an easy thing to do.
5) Is there an easy way to fix up the AREX scripts for Action/Amplifier so that you can launch those programs automatically by clicking on an AVI/MP3 (the default AREX scripts appear to be broken by default unless it's just me)
6) You should probably swap the default web browser from AWeb to iBrowse as AWeb is even less useful than iBrowse (as long as this doesn't break the HTML icon's default tooltypes).

PS. Thanks for all your great work on this

Last edited by NovaCoder; 14 July 2011 at 03:06.
Old 14 July 2011, 10:36   #159
Bloodwych

Thanks for the useful feedback NovaCoder. I'll look into all that. Never tried Amplifier, but if it's better and causes no issues then I will replace.

As for the components, it's Right Click Workbench->Settings->Buttonmenu, or Run Icon->Settings->Buttonmenu. When you use the open requester, you'll find all the menus which you can change.

I wish iBrowse didn't require registering, but I tend to shy away from including software that requires registration apart from WHDLoad. They are both pretty average for websurfing anyway, but I will consider and try out iBrowse if that's what 99% Classic Amiga users use.

The rest I'm not sure about yet; apart from Scumm have you noticed anything else Cyberbugfix breaks? I may very well leave it disabled by default or add an Enable/Disable option during install, explaining what it may break. I'll have a look next time I feel motivated to do the v27 packs.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 14 July 2011 at 10:41.
Old 14 July 2011, 11:56   #160
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

I also installed Amplifier stock that works awesomely with my MAS Player.
Playing MP3 @ 030 isn't a nice experience at least imo without hardware decoding.
Changing Bloodwych's buttons on menus is indeed really easy and also the "Other" menu under RUN is also easy and helpful.
Tbh, removing Cyberbugfix isn't important as you can disable it anyway. If it bothers you, you can remove it from the buttons.
In my ACA630 it doesn't produce any error so it's a nice option to have even for testing purposes.

I also made a custom ClassicWB3.9 including CGX4, AfAOS, Antialiased fonts, Ken's Icons etc... that is really awesome for me, cause I have BW's awesome stuff plus the nice configured options, without lacking the good stuff that RTG provides
You can check it out here: http://mfilos.blogspot.com/2011/06/a...grademore.html

Bloodwych rulez!