English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 08 March 2014, 11:26   #1
lifeschool
Local Moderator

From Bedrooms to Billions – Pre-Order version available only until 31st May 14

'From Bedrooms to Billions' is a British two hour feature length documentary movie that tells the remarkable story of the UK Video games Industry.

Starting in the late 1970's the film shows how the creativity and vision of a relatively small number of British individuals, many of which were children, allowed the UK to play a key, pioneering role in the shaping of the worldwide billion dollar video games industry, which today dominates the modern world's entertainment landscape. The film features interviews with many major British game designers, musicians and journalists from across the last 30 years and has only been made possible by people ‘backing’ the project through pre-ordering and donations. The film; which features an all new soundtrack by SID musician legends Rob Hubbard, Ben Daglish and Martin Galway; has been in production for nearly 18 months and is due for release in Spring 2014. This film is a must for anyone interested in the creation of games and the industry, and not just those into retro gaming of the 80’s and 90’s!

..........Watch Extended Trailer
[ Show youtube player ]

This exclusive 'Pre-order Version' of From Bedrooms to Billions with specially designed Oliver Frey cover and special features will be unique and highly collectable because it is only for those who support the project through pre-ordering; which was critical in getting the film made! It is also only available for a limited time!

Anyone who Pre-Orders the film not only gets access to the films’ BACKER’S ZONE; which is loaded with Extended Film Clips and Music tracks; but also immediately receives an exclusive pre-order only download bundle containing 4 extended clips: ‘Matthew Smith on Manic Miner’, ‘David Braben on Elite’, ‘Mel Croucher on Deus Ex Machina’ and ‘Rob Hubbard on Coding’.

The website www.frombedroomstobillions.com also contains various other items of merchandise: including the Official Soundtrack CD’s, highly rare signed gaming items, T-Shirts, and the film’s official posters exclusively designed by veteran video game magazine artist Oliver Frey (ZZAP!64, CRASH).

This unique ‘Pre-Order Version’ of the film along with 4 clip film bundle and exclusive access to our website’s ‘backer zone’ is currently only available until only 31st May 2014!

From 1st June 2014 the film will ‘no longer’ be available. A UK wide cinema tour being planned to start from September this year and the film will be out on all formats (DVD, Blu-ray etc) by Christmas, featuring brand new artwork, and will be significantly different from this exclusive ‘Pre-Order Version’.

If you want to receive your copy of the film before everyone else, in this unique, pre-order only limited cover designed Oliver Frey, and also gain immediate access to our backers zone; a place loaded with even more extra material, then you must pre-order your copy now!

@ www.frombedroomstobillions.com
Old 08 March 2014, 23:13   #2
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Thought it was meant to be Xmas 2013?
Old 08 March 2014, 23:14   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Why would you only make it available for a limited time? Seems like a quite questionable way to push sales...
Old 08 March 2014, 23:34   #4
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

A little moan here, why can't people put a bloody release month and year? Spring 2014 is bloody useless, you have to assume it's UK springtime, and Spring covers a 3 month period, does spring occur the exact same time in all parts of the northern hemisphere or is UK a little delayed due to their latitude etc? I think the yanks started this stupid obsession having events "coming fall 2014" etc and now it's catching on people that can't stick to a release date as far as I can tell.

It's complete arrogance that people will assume "their" Spring is the same for everyone. Rant over.
Old 09 March 2014, 19:55   #5
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Why would you only make it available for a limited time? Seems like a quite questionable way to push sales...
I don't think the film will only be available for a limited time, I think they are saying the "pre-order version of the film" will only be available for a limited time.
And by definition, it would be silly to allow pre-orders after it's actually released.. ;-)

Quote:
From 1st June 2014 the film will ‘no longer’ be available.
But then it says:
Quote:
A UK wide cinema tour being planned to start from September this year and the film will be out on all formats (DVD, Blu-ray etc) by Christmas,
Now, this "pre-order" version does apparently have extra items..

Kind of like the "special edition" releases you see with some kickstarter and homebrew games...

desiv
Old 09 March 2014, 20:03   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

That makes more sense I changed the title accordingly
Old 10 March 2014, 16:18   #7
lifeschool
Local Moderator

hi, thanks for keeping this thread alive.

My name is Dan, and I'm a moderator over on LemonAmiga.com, and I also hang out here on EAB and on LemonC64. I make the playguide videos some of you may have seen on youtube. I also made the back end of the extended trailer you can see in the advert.

I was contacted a week ago by Anthony and Nicola out of the blue. They asked if anyone would like to volunteer to post this advert on a few forums for them. When I saw the trailer, featuring many guys I instantly recognised from the retro scene, I didnt hesitate to donate my time. I love interviews and I now know they have exclusive interview clips I can share for you guys soon on my channel.

Basically I volunteered as a bridge between the producers of this (who are very good at producing, not so hot on the marketing) to get the comments going on this and hopefully reassure folks that this IS coming, SOONER than Viva Amiga, and with same spirit as the pioneers like Andrew Hewson, David Braben, and Peter Molyneux.

I asked Anthony the questions raised here and this is what he said.

Quote:
You asked me about the release for the film and relevant wording, well to be honest regarding release we are right at this moment talking to a couple of cinema distributors but they won’t commit until they can see the final film, as is usual with doco movies it can be a little chicken and egg.

Regardless we are working as fast and hard as we can to have a finished work print for end of March and we are looking to place all final archive footage orders by end of April so we can master in May and supply Kickstarter/Indiegogo and website backers with their items for end of May. We need to enter the film by end of June into the London film festival so it has to be finished. We do have some independent cinemas dotted across the UK (14 so far) who have agreed to show the film at least once from September and we are planning some industry legends to be present with us after each showing to do some Q&A. The planning for that is going on right at this very moment but obviously amongst all the final work on the movie itself.

I hope that helps!

Last edited by lifeschool; 10 March 2014 at 16:28.