English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 June 2014, 21:34   #1
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Centering the WinUAE display for screen capture

Hi guys, I'm hoping to make some videos for Youtube of some of my favourite Amiga games. I've dropped the resolution in WinUAE to increase the image size, and reduced Paula's volume so you can hear the commentary and it all looks and sounds pretty good.

I think my only issue now is centering the screen. By ticking both the horizontal and vertical centering boxes on the display page, I've improved things a lot. But the display is still a little high and I'm losing the very top of it, while there is plenty of black at the bottom. Is there a way to tweak this to perfection?

I assume I could increase the resolution again which would then include the entire display but I really want to reduce the surrounding black areas to a minimum. Thanks for any thoughts.
Old 29 June 2014, 12:09   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Lots more information needed.. Is it game specific? Always? Does it appear differently in recorded video vs on screen? And so on..
Old 29 June 2014, 19:19   #3
Mclane
Old retro god.

Is that a certain Angus M who used to be in the PSX Usenet group, might have been the Commodore one?

The man with the Dads Army sir name : )
Old 07 July 2014, 23:04   #4
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclane View Post
Is that a certain Angus M who used to be in the PSX Usenet group, might have been the Commodore one?
I'm too old for this sh1t! How you doing, dude?
Old 07 July 2014, 23:12   #5
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Lots more information needed.. Is it game specific? Always? Does it appear differently in recorded video vs on screen? And so on..
Hi Toni, thanks for replying. Sorry for my delay, I've had a few dramas going on.

The effect has been on all the games I've tried, (not many) the same on screen and when recorded. I messed about on the Filter page, and put the second of the 4 sliders at a value of -50 which improved things, but I think the aspect ratio may not be quite right. Its perfectly useable, I'm just trying to get it as good as possible.
Old 10 July 2014, 17:23   #6
Mclane
Old retro god.

Hi ya Angus, we used to chat Amiga in the group where I was Paul 'Mclane' Irvine..

Nice to see you are still around, wonder where Julie and all the Gremlin guys like James etc are

Me, I'm older, fatter and proud owner of a 14yr Daughter....

Hope you and yours are fine the the old photography is keeping your pocket full.
Old 11 July 2014, 22:40   #7
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclane View Post
Hi ya Angus, we used to chat Amiga in the group where I was Paul 'Mclane' Irvine..

Nice to see you are still around, wonder where Julie and all the Gremlin guys like James etc are

Me, I'm older, fatter and proud owner of a 14yr Daughter....

Hope you and yours are fine the the old photography is keeping your pocket full.
Well, I'm hanging in there just about. My recollection is that "I'm too old for this sh1t" was a line you used on occasion in between sending me the odd G-Police demo, which is remembered with gratitude. G-Police, kind of like that Amiga game 3D game set in San Francisco with the hover bike things and the controversial interrogations.... I think. Vektor Grafiks?
Old 20 July 2014, 19:03   #8
Mclane
Old retro god.

I remember the game and its follow up, can't remember sending it but its the sort of super kind bloke I am

Keep well Angus..