English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 April 2012, 15:05   #581
Riempie
Amiga freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
The A4000D/CD32 special version will be available from resellers, but only in limited quantity and at higher price (199,90 EUR). Those of you who missed the pre-order phase should be quick, as the quantity is limited.
Which resellers?
Old 18 April 2012, 16:37   #582
Schoenfeld
electricky.

"the usual ones":

Vesalia
AmigaKit
GGS-Data
Relec
Gentle Eye

As always, I suggest to buy locally.

Jens
Old 19 April 2012, 01:19   #583
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I'd liked to read this in Vesalia: http://www.vesalia.de/e_indivisionagamk2.htm

"Performance and Compatibility:
The output pixel clock can go up to 135 MHz (the former Indivision AGA only allowed up to 71 MHz), the data rate reaches more than 480 MBytes/s peak performance (used to be 330 MBytes/s peak); 50 Hz modes (e.g. PAL) can be promoted to 60+ Hz and thus be displayed on modern monitors; 16 MBytes framebuffer, entirely addressable (used to be 12 MBytes previously); supports S-Hires (*) and full 24-bit colour depth; unlike other internal flicker fixers, the Indivision AGA Mk2 supports the BorderBlank flag.

On Screen Display:
A subtle semitransparent OSD replaces the splash screen of the predecessor model."
Old 19 April 2012, 01:31   #584
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I'd liked to read this in Vesalia: http://www.vesalia.de/e_indivisionagamk2.htm

"Performance and Compatibility:
The output pixel clock can go up to 135 MHz (the former Indivision AGA only allowed up to 71 MHz), the data rate reaches more than 480 MBytes/s peak performance (used to be 330 MBytes/s peak); 50 Hz modes (e.g. PAL) can be promoted to 60+ Hz and thus be displayed on modern monitors; 16 MBytes framebuffer, entirely addressable (used to be 12 MBytes previously); supports S-Hires (*) and full 24-bit colour depth; unlike other internal flicker fixers, the Indivision AGA Mk2 supports the BorderBlank flag.

On Screen Display:
A subtle semitransparent OSD replaces the splash screen of the predecessor model."

this is what i like....

Perfect Fit:
The Indivision AGA Mk2 is plugged over the Lisa chip, no other connection to the motherboard is required (unlike other internal flicker fixers that also require a connection to Alice). Due to a much enhanced 84-pin PLCC socket being used, the Indivision fits like a glove and won't come off easily.
Old 19 April 2012, 04:47   #585
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
this is what i like....

Perfect Fit:
The Indivision AGA Mk2 is plugged over the Lisa chip, no other connection to the motherboard is required (unlike other internal flicker fixers that also require a connection to Alice). Due to a much enhanced 84-pin PLCC socket being used, the Indivision fits like a glove and won't come off easily.
[ Show youtube player ]

Old 19 April 2012, 23:36   #586
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

new pic

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...oducts_id=1085
Old 19 April 2012, 23:48   #587
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Great. And date, or had them it before?: Stock Expected: Monday 30 April, 2012
Edit: It was old, but I've just seen posted today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit View Post
Yes we are still working towards that release date.

Last edited by Retrofan; 31 July 2012 at 17:25.
Old 20 April 2012, 00:07   #588
BarryB
Amigaholic

For some reason the images on Amigakit never show up when I click on them, the box pops up but no image? At least I'll have the real thing to look at soon though
Old 20 April 2012, 00:21   #589
kipper2k

Jens,

Is the 20 pin edgeboard connector a custom part or off the shelf, do you have a number for it as i'd like to make a custom cable for the HDMI adapter board i have made?

Thanks
Old 20 April 2012, 06:41   #590
N-Ed

Those pics are making me feel restless.... too many days left until release. Have to still my mind in some way, should probably do a proper mount of my floppy emulator during the ~2 more weeks of waiting. And work on the hdmi port of my 1200.... Anyway, the german santa comes early this year. Keep up the excellent work Jens
Old 20 April 2012, 06:57   #591
NovaCoder

I've just noticed a couple of strange things about these pics.

1) What's the 'extra' connector for?
2) It looks like it has a couple of screw down points that are currently unused (little hols in the PCB).

Color me excited
Old 20 April 2012, 08:00   #592
Schoenfeld
electricky.

kipper2k,

edge connector is off-the-shelve, but I only have a China number, which would reveal my source. Please understand that I won't publish that. You'll surely find an IDC edge card connector at the more specialized sources (tried digikey, but either they don't have it, or their search/filter function is cr*p).

The polarity notch is a custom laser-cut piece of metal inserted in that connector. All these connectors have positions inside of them for a polarity-insert, but I haven't found anyone who delivers those inserts, which is the reason for making a custom part. It will work without a polarity insert (naturally!), but then you'd open up the danger of applying unfused +5V to a pin where it doesn't belong.

Novacoder,

the additional connector is for future use. I plan to make adapters for less-popular computers like Atari ST, so I have put all 24 colour-bits and a few more CPLD pins on that connector. It's a bottom-entry type, so I have more flexibility in the mechanical design of that no-yet-existing-adapter (that type of female header allows inserting pins from both sides). Using such an adapter will require a different CPLD program, so it will not be an A1200 unit any more.

The unused mountholes account for different mainboard versions. Some of them have SMD components in the way, and in that case, you can re-position the stand-off. Also, every mount hole can be used for additional grounding.

Jens
Old 20 April 2012, 12:01   #593
Thcm

@Jens I've put my Amiga 4000D into this case: http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showha...gi?HARDID=1338 Which version would be the correct one to buy?
Old 20 April 2012, 12:32   #594
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thcm View Post
@Jens I've put my Amiga 4000D into this case: http://www.amiga-hardware.com/showha...gi?HARDID=1338 Which version would be the correct one to buy?
First of all, that's a Mikronik case with a Mikronik zorro board, which is a no-go in itself. There have been a few different revisions of that Zorro daughterboard, and to my knowledge, none of them is a multilayer. As a result, all Mikronik Zorro boards make the system instable due to insufficient grounding, so I recommend to put the A4000D back into it's original case with it's original Zorro daughterboard.

Whatever you decide to do, you will need the A4000D version, because that's the motherboard you have. The special version's mechanical shape accounts for the nearby slot that carries the daughterboard, and it also accounts for jumpers that stand up fairly high from the motherboard. The highest spot of the 20-pin connector is 19.5mm above the mainboard, so clearance between the mainboard and your daughterboaard must be 20mm or more.

This is about the same dimension as the old unit, so if anyone here has a Mikronik daugherboard running with the A4000D version of the old design, he/she could maybe confirm that it fits (or not).

Jens
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Indi_AGA_MK2_A4kD_installed_small.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	31326  
Old 20 April 2012, 13:52   #595
kipper2k

Quote:
kipper2k,

edge connector is off-the-shelve, but I only have a China number, which would reveal my source. Please understand that I won't publish that. You'll surely find an IDC edge card connector at the more specialized sources (tried digikey, but either they don't have it, or their search/filter function is cr*p).

Jens
Hi Jens, no problem, was able to find them at Digikey, there is no key in it but it will work ( they arw 0,100" pitch) which i believe is the same size as the cable you are using.

One question, why is the cable so long (looking at the picture shown in Amigakit?

thanks Jens
Old 20 April 2012, 13:55   #596
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
One question, why is the cable so long (looking at the picture shown in Amigakit?
User convenience. I got feedback about the old version, complaining that the cable would be too short for certain tower cases. Now you're not the first to mention that the cable appears too long. I guess that no matter how long I'm making it, I'll get complaints ;-)

Yes, spacing is 0.1in.

Jens
Old 20 April 2012, 14:05   #597
AmigaFriend

Quote:
Quote:
I guess that no matter how long I'm making it, I'll get complaints ;-)
I think is better to have a longer cable, than falling short of it. That could not be fixed.
Old 20 April 2012, 14:06   #598
KevG
Banned

Jens....

With all these questions (including repeated questions), you must have the patience of a saint.

Kev G.
Old 20 April 2012, 14:24   #599
N-Ed

Might be a stupid idea I just got... But found an DVI + RCA --> HDMI-converter on Ebay. So might one use this, without the case or with some case moding, to create a HDMI output on the Amiga... This way we incorperate the sound into the HDMI cable without cable mod.

It runs on 5Volt... could tap the rca outputs on the Amiga... Please tell me, does this sound crazy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DVI-R-L-Audi...item3f07714d2b
Old 20 April 2012, 14:34   #600
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Ed View Post
Might be a stupid idea I just got... But found an DVI + RCA --> HDMI-converter on Ebay. So might one use this, without the case or with some case moding, to create a HDMI output on the Amiga... This way we incorperate the sound into the HDMI cable without cable mod.

It runs on 5Volt... could tap the rca outputs on the Amiga... Please tell me, does this sound crazy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DVI-R-L-Audi...item3f07714d2b

It will work. It is a lot of extra money and wires etc to do it this way, you may as well just use dvi and run speaker wires directly to the tv. Don't tap the 5v from the Amiga, use an external supply