English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 26 December 2007, 01:56   #21
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Details, details.. What filter? Windowed or fullscreen? Change what? ("change filter settings" = zero information)

EDIT: still can't duplicate. Systray icon disappears and reappears when I change display modes or filter modes, anything. I'll have to ignore this if I don't get other reports.
It happens randomly when I switch from my PAL and NTSC filters and WUAE resets screen mode... Can't always reproduce it, even if I run exactly the same (WHD and not) games and do the same things.
I tried many times but there's not a scheme... very weird. I'll keep you informed if I can find a 100% reproduceable scheme.
BTW, I use Fullscreen (not FS+vsync) for both native and RTG screens.
Old 26 December 2007, 20:24   #22
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom87 View Post
I think that this can be gui bug: when I running beta 1.4.6(1&2) and then change page to the cpu settings JIT switch-Force Settings is always selected and it's not possible to deselect it, to do this I have to deselect JIT and select again. After that Force Settings working fine to the moment exit of WinUAE. Situation back again on next run. The same think is when configuration will saved witch beta but will working fine with stable.
Confirmed. Dynamic JIT direct memory allocation -feature in b1 moved JIT memory initialization to point when emulation starts (was before GUI opens previously) and GUI code thought JIT was always unavailable.. Fixed in next beta.
Old 27 December 2007, 01:23   #23
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Problem is that 512M of Z3 requires 256M + size of Z3 + sizeof RTG RAM (as explained previously) because <0x10000000 is not really usable for Z3 expansions. (without all kinds of side-effects I don't want to think about..)

JIT direct requires whole emulated address space in one huge contiguous chunk.
Uhh. Considering those INSANE RAM settings, the scheme of getting this in one contiguous chunk sounds like Mission Impossible!
Or you have to install WinUAE to a server system at the office with > 8G of RAM (sure they will like it )
Old 27 December 2007, 07:55   #24
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas View Post
Uhh. Considering those INSANE RAM settings, the scheme of getting this in one contiguous chunk sounds like Mission Impossible!
Or you have to install WinUAE to a server system at the office with > 8G of RAM (sure they will like it )
I should have said winuae needs to "reserve" (allocate without really allocating it or something like that. Virtual memory is fun) one huge chunk which means memory is not really allocated until it is first accessed. (in page sized chunks I think)
Old 27 December 2007, 09:00   #25
hexaae
Bug hunter

...A question:
wouldn't be safer to put WUAE in Pause and then open the GUI when pressing F12?
I ask you this because I've had a pair of WUAE crashes playing with the JIT etc. and going back to emulation sometimes. Instead seems more stable if I press Pause key and then F12 (and un-Pause when I resume). Has this sense?
Old 27 December 2007, 09:11   #26
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
...A question:
wouldn't be safer to put WUAE in Pause and then open the GUI when pressing F12?
I ask you this because I've had a pair of WUAE crashes playing with the JIT etc. and going back to emulation sometimes. Instead seems more stable if I press Pause key and then F12 (and un-Pause when I resume). Has this sense?
No sense at all because it has nothing to do with 1.4.6 betas. (and the answer would be no anyway)
Old 28 December 2007, 21:44   #27
Romanujan

I cannot download Beta 2, I have tried several times today. The link seems to be dead
Old 28 December 2007, 21:45   #28
Graham Humphrey

Just tried it and it doesn't work here either...
Old 28 December 2007, 22:02   #29
thomas

@Romanujan:
@Graham Humphrey:

http://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-...-00100-EN.html

Edit: http://winuae.back2roots.dyndns.org/...uae_1460b2.zip
Old 28 December 2007, 22:09   #30
Romanujan

Thx
Old 28 December 2007, 22:16   #31
DamienD
Banned

...in our very own News thread: Back to the Roots - Fallback Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie2000
Our main server which runs www.back2roots.org and ftp.back2roots.org
and also acts as a proxy frontend server for all hosted projects
including winuae.net and chiptune.de is down for a while.
Old 29 December 2007, 12:45   #32
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Winuae.net is dead today as well
Old 29 December 2007, 12:52   #33
derSammler

Obviously, since it's hosted by Back to the Roots.

@Toni: If you need a temporary place for the WinUAE betas with ftp access, let me know.
Old 29 December 2007, 12:56   #34
thomas

Back on-topic (sort of):

IDE0 does not work with HDFs bigger than 2GB. Those big HDFs can be added and partitioned, but as soon as a partition which is beyond the first 2GB of the HDF is accessed, the emulated IDE bus hangs. The on-screen HDD LED is on and UAE sits there using 100% CPU. The rest of WinUAE is still alive, for example you can move around Amiga windows and open the F12 menu etc.

Ctrl-A-A resolves it for a moment, but as soon as the partition is accessed again, the bus hangs again.

Attaching the HDF to uaehf.device and removing all partitions above 2GB makes it usable for IDE0 again.
Old 29 December 2007, 13:24   #35
thomas

If I double click an Amiga harddrive in the HDD list, the "HD controller" box is not updated to what is set for the hard drive but remains what was choosen in the GUI before.
Old 29 December 2007, 13:55   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Attaching the HDF to uaehf.device and removing all partitions above 2GB makes it usable for IDE0 again.
Confirmed. 32-bit signed multiplied by 512 compared to unsigned 64-bit value does not really work very well in all cases.. (Read returned error but for some reason AmigaOS kept retrying forever..)

Quote:
If I double click an Amiga harddrive in the HDD list, the "HD controller" box is not updated to what is set for the hard drive but remains what was choosen in the GUI before.
I can't duplicate this.

Quote:
winuae.net
I still can upload data to "backup" winuae.net (url above)
Old 29 December 2007, 15:33   #37
thomas

Quote:
I can't duplicate this.
Go to HDD panel, click on Add Harddrive, select one HDD, select IDE0, click Ok, click on Properties, change to for example SCSI6, click Cancel (shows still IDE0 in the list as it should be), click Properties -> shows SCSI6 (instead of IDE0 as it should).

It does not matter if you click on Ok or Cancel, but Ok changes the setting in the list.

Note that this is about Harddrives, not Hardfiles.
Old 30 December 2007, 13:53   #38
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

1.4.6b3 (temp url)

Beta 3:

- input compatibility mouse switching restrictions added due to stupid Windows "supermouse" features. (Problem happens when you get two or more mouse button clicks from two or more virtual mice when in reality there is only one physical mouse..) Also you can't just select "raw mouse" because it can have different speed/acceleration than Windows "supermouse" mouse cursor..
- unusable pcmcia sram card emulation. No on the fly card insert/eject support yet. (insert empty sram card before starting emulation = card becomes system ram expansion automatically?) This will be fully implemented after 1.4.6
- new default mapping end+shift+pause/break = IRQ7/NMI
- hardfile info panel didn't use 2G+ compatible size check
- IDE emulation end of drive check fixed (most block addresses after 2G were detected as past end of disk)
- JIT-mode memory allocation was not disabled in non-JIT modes (68000/68010 and 68020 without 32-bit address space) Caused problems with cartridge emulation and more. (b2)
- GUI aligment/spacing errors fixed (David Walker)
- "Add Harddrive" HD controller select box updates correctly
- "SWIV" undocumented bitplane feature broke in 145b4 (not related to shres changes, just standard code cleanup copy/paste error..)
Old 30 December 2007, 20:17   #39
sink

thk toni, i will test this one after dinner
Old 30 December 2007, 22:23   #40
thomas

Quote:
- IDE emulation end of drive check fixed (most block addresses after 2G were detected as past end of disk)
Now it accepts accesses past the 2GB limit, but writes past 4GB lead to corruption of the first 4GB. Tested with both scsi 43.24 / FFS 43.20 (OS 3.1) and scsi 43.35 / FFS 45.9 (OS 3.9).