English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 January 2012, 00:30   #1
Djay
95th User

What game would you like made for Amiga?

So Graham has decided what Amiga game to make... but i keep thinking up games that i would like to see made for Amiga...

So this thread is here for suggestions and maybe inspiration for would be bedroom programmers

I would suggest that ideas are kept to the realms of reality... like an Amiga version of MW3 is possible!

so... here is mine so far

Tetris
A clone of the DS version

Bust-A-Move (aka Puzzle Bobble)
A clone of the original PSX version

Bejewelled
A clone of the PC's 2nd version

Let's keep to stock A1200 spec so as many people could play them as possible

One final question, would you donate money to see an Amiga game made?
Old 15 January 2012, 07:36   #2
Cammy

I'm sorry I already posted this in another thread, but there are already two very good BeJeweled clones being worked on but they just need help from people in the community to finish them.

AmiJeweled
AGA needs a good tracker artist to compose some soothing, ambient music for the game.

Change It!
needs some low-colour skins made so it could look better on OCS systems, and it needs players and encouragement to go beyond a Workbench game and become a full-screen game.

I'm not opposed to new games, but these two could be completed properly with less effort than a new game programmed from scratch, so other games could be focused on.

I like Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble. There were a few pretty good unfinished attempts I found on Aminet and on cover CDs, as well as a couple of commercial titles. I don't know if some of the others had source code available but I recall one was written in Blitz Basic I think.

I'd also like to see a fast, smooth-scrolling platformer with loads of colour and parallax, where you play a sack of foam beans who rolls around landscapes busting up nasties and eating jellies.

I would love to donate money towards Amiga games development but I don't have an income and find it pretty hard just to get by week to week. I'd definitely like to offer my help in any other way I could, with ideas, playtesting or inspiration.
Old 16 January 2012, 00:44   #3
Amiga1992

AmiJeweled seems not to run on standard Amiga hardware. :/
Old 16 January 2012, 01:28   #4
Cammy

That's right, it doesn't, which is why they're working on an AGA version!
Old 16 January 2012, 02:27   #5
frikilokooo

I would like to see a decent and original (no port) scrolling beat'em up with big sprites and AGA graphics.

A game like Cabal better than the Amiga port and with a new style.

The Chaos Engine 3 with the same sprites as the other two,control system like the arcade Shock Troopers,punching or kicking attack and Matrix style(btw I think the movie copied from this game the phone and fashion style)
Old 16 January 2012, 02:29   #6
DeafDaz
Deafdaz

cant download it for some reason. Also the site is in german I clicked on the english translated button and i got Nada
Old 16 January 2012, 02:57   #7
amiman99

Metal Slug...Metal Slug...Metal Slug...did I say Metal Slug

It doesn't need to be exact copy, maybe just tech demo using existing sprites.
Old 16 January 2012, 02:58   #8
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Did you say Metal Slug? i don't think it can be playable.
Old 16 January 2012, 03:02   #9
Cammy

If someone would like to rip the background graphics into a 16x16 or 32x32 tileset, Metal Slug would be quite easy to remake using Backbone, at least at fangame-like quality. Since it's a game that doesn't need to scroll fast we could get away with 32 colours, which should be plenty for a good pixel artist to remap the graphics down to.
Old 16 January 2012, 04:19   #10
s2325
Zone Friend

How about Metal Slug Advance, it's simplified version. You can see here original colors, 32 and 16:

Old 16 January 2012, 04:29   #11
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

It's quite something to remap a single screen down to 32/16 colours - quite another to make a palette that would work nicely throughout the entire game. It would take a skilled artist for sure!

Especially when you need stuff like bullets that really stand out, otherwise you can't see 'em!

I think a simpler game like Moon Patrol, Pipeline, Tooth Invaders or Radar Rat Race would be a far easier starting game to create!
Old 16 January 2012, 05:07   #12
amiman99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
If someone would like to rip the background graphics into a 16x16 or 32x32 tileset, Metal Slug would be quite easy to remake using Backbone, at least at fangame-like quality. Since it's a game that doesn't need to scroll fast we could get away with 32 colours, which should be plenty for a good pixel artist to remap the graphics down to.
The sprites and backgrounds are ripped already. Just need to do some color reduction. The problem with character animation is that the top and bottom of character is split, so it needs to be combined. Also the fps needs to be reduced.
I would like to work on it in Backbone, but I'm weak in tile and sprite making.
Old 16 January 2012, 05:09   #13
amiman99

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
How about Metal Slug Advance, it's simplified version. You can see here original colors, 32 and 16:

Are there any sprite and background rips from this game?
(searching right now...)
Old 16 January 2012, 05:30   #14
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
It's quite something to remap a single screen down to 32/16 colours - quite another to make a palette that would work nicely throughout the entire game. It would take a skilled artist for sure!
Not really. You need some bitmap editing skills. I did it for the Advance Wars 2 graphics (combined all in-game GFX, including all five unit and building colors into one big image, and discovered it used more that 256 colors).
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiman99 View Post
Are there any sprite and background rips from this game?
(searching right now...)
Yes, there are, including the seemingly more complete rips from the NEO GEO versions.
Old 16 January 2012, 21:28   #15
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

Virtua Racing...?
[ Show youtube player ]

Lomax
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 16 January 2012, 21:32   #16
source
Zone Friend

Thee is a swamp game I saw that is only for os4. I would imagine it could be coded to work ona stock 1200.
Old 16 January 2012, 23:30   #17
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
I would suggest that ideas are kept to the realms of reality... like an Amiga version of MW3 is possible!
this has got me thinking..

how about a non-texture mapped fps... loosely like Robocop 3 http://hol.abime.net/1262/screenshot, this is OCS/ECS so i would imagine an AGA machine (even without accelerator) could do a pretty good job...
Old 17 January 2012, 00:07   #18
Amiga1992

Why does it need to be a 3D shooter?
Take the elements of MW3 that make it MW3 besides its perspective. That's how you properly port a game, you have to get to that layer of abstraction. It will not look at all like MW3 but it's probably better because it will be tailored to the Amiga's capabilities.

A good comparison? Compare the Metal Gear: Solid games to Metal Gear 2 on the MSX. Both are as deep and cool because the basis is the same.
Old 17 January 2012, 21:19   #19
Djay
95th User

Sure does not need to be like mw3... 3d could be used for anything... Clone of skyrim... Whatever, but I would like a fast paced shooter, maybe the a.i would be hard to do.. Like an enemy hides behind a wall if he is getting shot at..
Old 17 January 2012, 22:01   #20
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

I used to like a lot of the old 3D games, like Starglider, Castle Master, Damocles and Mercenary III. I had 3D construction kit, it was disappointingly slow and limited. So I dabbled in writing 3D engines a bit. I reckon cell shading is a possibility.