Old 07 January 2019, 10:47   #2381
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

It's a flawed movie.
Old 07 January 2019, 14:50   #2382
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Really?

How is that different from any other disaster movies?

I read couple of reviews and just disagree with it. Film surely makes more sense then couple other movies that were rated far higher.

I think that this movie just came at wrong time... and let's not get into climate change denial in states... that is story for itself.
Old 07 January 2019, 16:47   #2383
BullyDog

One night the family gathered around the TV to watch Phantasm. I've seen it before and told my folks it's really scary. True enough, the kids were screaming that my mom turned the TV off.
Old 07 January 2019, 17:14   #2384
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Really?
Darnit, I should have put it between quotes. I must not post in haste when at work.

"It's a flawed movie". -> reason why IMDB trashes just about any movie. Or Reddit, for that matter.
Old 07 January 2019, 22:13   #2385
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Darnit, I should have put it between quotes. I must not post in haste when at work.

"It's a flawed movie". -> reason why IMDB trashes just about any movie. Or Reddit, for that matter.
It was kind of funny when scientists like Neil deGrasse Tyson trashes a movie that everyone else loves.

Probably not a person you like to take in movie theater.

ps. I remember when he was telling how annoying was to watch Titanic - night sky and stars at end of movie did not correspond to Titanic route. Just youtube him and movies.
Old 08 January 2019, 10:14   #2386
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
ps. I remember when he was telling how annoying was to watch Titanic - night sky and stars at end of movie did not correspond to Titanic route. Just youtube him and movies.
Now that is dedication to trashing movies, respect.
Old 08 January 2019, 14:27   #2387
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

the Lego Batman Movie. What a movie. Not only does it with great humor and respect reference almost the entire line of Batman movies from old to new, but also a large set of villains from other Warner Brother properties make their appearance in what is one large barrage of cartoony jokes, visual gags and really excellent fan service. nowhere else do the Joker, Voldemort and several Gremlins work together, but it can happen in the Lego Batman universe.

BIF! POW! 8/10, great entertainment value for young and old.
Old 08 January 2019, 19:32   #2388
Ian
Global Moderator

I watched the house with a clock in it's walls last night, it was a solid 7/10 movie, jack black doing what jack black does, but I really like him so it doesn't bother me any, your mileage may vary of course.

The story was pretty stupid, but in movies like this you don't really mind, good movie for anyone over the age of 10 I reckon, some good effects and jokes that last the entire movie.
Old 10 January 2019, 15:04   #2389
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

American Assassin (2017)

At first I saw pieces of this movie, but now finally I saw full movie. Good action, finally character that has good motivation and quite well selected actors. Haven't seen Michael Keaton in a while in any movie that suits him well like this movie does.

I think that only really negative thing about movie is title, poor creativity there.

7 / 10

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009)

Quite nice romatic comedy, perfect to watch with better half. From well selected actors to fun theme filled with beautiful women.

6.5 / 10
Old 10 January 2019, 17:41   #2390
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

you haven't seen Birdman yet? It's still on my todo list too but I read it is one of his highlights.
Old 10 January 2019, 19:30   #2391
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

No, not yet. It is on my list as well.
Old 14 January 2019, 14:37   #2392
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

The Girl Next Door (2004)

Funny thing that this movie is classified as teen comedy, while movie is rated R. As comedy goes, this one is not bad. Story about high school senior, straight A student whose life turns upside down after meeting a girl who moved next door. Things go from bad to worst when his friends discover that she is ex-p0rnstar and her ex lover/producer shows up (Timothy Olyphant -Agent 47 from Hitman). Funny ending and just thinking that this movie already might be 'old school' because today teens don't have clue what VHS is.

7 / 10

Last edited by Anubis; 17 January 2019 at 13:50.
Old 16 January 2019, 11:27   #2393
malko

Did you see this one ?

deepl.com translation (original in attachment)
Quote:
The IMDb site broadcasts films and TV series

VIDEO The American internet portal, owned by Amazon, which provides a large online database of film and television series, now also offers a video streaming service.
Called Freedive, the platform is free because it is financed by advertising, such as YouTube or Twitch, for example.
The new service, which offers a selection of films and TV series, as well as original shows, is currently only available in the United States from Amazon's Fire TV and Fire TV Cube boxes, an Android mobile or i0S, as well as from a computer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMDb-freeMovies.png
Views:	9
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	61600  
Old 16 January 2019, 11:54   #2394
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
(Timothy Olyphant -Agent 47 from Hitman)
Fuck Hitman, Deadwood, dude, Deadwood.
Old 16 January 2019, 15:06   #2395
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
Fuck Hitman, Deadwood, dude, Deadwood.

I have not seen a single episode of Deadwood, dude.

Watching The Orville, parody on Star Trek. This series is really good and funny...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5691552/
Old 16 January 2019, 23:42   #2396
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Well he also has the bragging rights of being the most terrible Die Hard villain ever Still like him though, given the right role he knows how to act.
Old 17 January 2019, 13:54   #2397
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

That counts only if you consider movies after 3rd Die Hard part of franchise.

For me Die Hard is trilogy, everything after it is kind of garbage and milkin' of ca$h cow...
Old 17 January 2019, 14:15   #2398
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Meh, Die Hard 4 has it's moments. McClane was still a flawed human being you could relate to, unlike the really crap fifth instalment where he was basically an asshole superman without a cape.
Old 18 January 2019, 15:01   #2399
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

Finally saw it, after holding on BR for 2 weeks. There is so many things wrong with this movie, from execution, idea, main theme with dinosaurs being only danger behind bars, but lets for second focus on positive side. Genetic cloning on human being is a new for this franchise, very predictable due to story being nothing new. Couple of bad guys were well selected, and fit the movie well, specially Toby Jones. Having Jeff Goldblum addressing US Senate is another good move and good background of the story.

I don't know if is just me, but there is just something cold and unfitting with Bryce Dallas Howard?! Chemistry between her and Pratt just does not exist and seems kind of odd and forced. Little girl is much better choice, tho.

I would agree with IMDB - 6 / 10 and hope that next one, planned for 2021 will be much better movie.

Last edited by Anubis; 18 January 2019 at 21:47.
Old 21 January 2019, 11:04   #2400
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Mission Impossible: Fallout.

Pleasant surprise. This is the best Mission Impossible movie I've seen yet. What you will get is the usual Mission: Impossible tropes (masks, chases, Tom Cruise running a lot and doing one dangerous and expensive stunt himself); but it also has a layered plot with many twists and turns to the point where you can't trust anyone in the movie anymore or believe what you're seeing. I can't say much more about it without spoiling anything so I'll just say: really good entertainment!

7.5/10