English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 12 February 2009, 21:40   #21
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I use FRAPS, bloody awesome program for recording full window / screen content.
Mmmm, a decent tool, but only works for games that run in DirectX/OpenGL, usually full screen games. So if you want to record a game you are playing in a window, then Fraps wont work (usually). Camtasia would be best then. It's usually emulators that wont work with Fraps as alot of them use software rendering...

Anyway, this is what I recommend:

If playing a game in full screen, and it's not played with an emulator: Fraps

If playing a game in a window, and it's not an Amiga game: Camtasia

If playing an Amiga game, in window or fullscreen: WinUAE or Camtasia (WinUAE would be best, but camtasia works quite good too)

Most of us recorders that record Amiga, snes, arcade etc, we all have Fraps, Camtasia and WinUAE installed.

Last edited by Ironclaw; 12 February 2009 at 22:24.
Old 12 February 2009, 23:41   #22
Gilbert

Ok I am going to try and transfer my files accross using PCUtils - Thank you HellRaiser

Thank you everyone else for all the help. Ironclaw- I will try your tutorial when I get the emulator running my files. Thanks for the link.
Old 22 February 2009, 03:31   #23
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw View Post
Mmmm, a decent tool, but only works for games that run in DirectX/OpenGL, usually full screen games. So if you want to record a game you are playing in a window, then Fraps wont work (usually). Camtasia would be best then. It's usually emulators that wont work with Fraps as alot of them use software rendering...

Anyway, this is what I recommend:

If playing a game in full screen, and it's not played with an emulator: Fraps

If playing a game in a window, and it's not an Amiga game: Camtasia

If playing an Amiga game, in window or fullscreen: WinUAE or Camtasia (WinUAE would be best, but camtasia works quite good too)

Most of us recorders that record Amiga, snes, arcade etc, we all have Fraps, Camtasia and WinUAE installed.
Your completely wrong, I have never had a problem with fraps. I have run games, emulators etc etc fullscreen or windowed and all work fine with fraps.

Maybe you have a dodgy copy, I have the lastest version from the members download area on fraps site and it works fine.
Old 22 February 2009, 12:39   #24
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Your completely wrong, I have never had a problem with fraps. I have run games, emulators etc etc fullscreen or windowed and all work fine with fraps.

Maybe you have a dodgy copy, I have the lastest version from the members download area on fraps site and it works fine.
I don't have latest, but other recording buddies do, and according to them, Fraps only record stuff that uses DirectX/OpenGL, just like my old version. So you have probably had the fortunate luck of only running stuff that are DirectX/OpenGL.

Noob

For best result, you use Fraps for some stuff and Camtasia for some stuff.
Old 22 February 2009, 12:47   #25
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I don't have latest, but other recording buddies do, and according to them, Fraps only record stuff that uses DirectX/OpenGL, just like my old version. So you have probably had the fortunate luck of only running stuff that are DirectX/OpenGL.

Noob

For best result, you use Fraps for some stuff and Camtasia for some stuff.

Your calling me a n00b, and your going on what other people say. You dragged this off topic.

The main point was, I can run WinUAE in small, medium, large window and hell even full screen and fraps works everytime.

Anyways, thought WinUAE had its own record function (not that I have bothered messing with it).
Old 22 February 2009, 17:23   #26
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Your calling me a n00b, and your going on what other people say. You dragged this off topic.

The main point was, I can run WinUAE in small, medium, large window and hell even full screen and fraps works everytime.

Anyways, thought WinUAE had its own record function (not that I have bothered messing with it).
HA, and WHERE did I say FRAPS could not record from WINUAE??? exactly.. NOWHERE!.... so, yes, you are a noob as you can't read properly... and I can even give more reasons why you are a noob:

you record winuae stuff with FRAPS, an outside recorder, when winuae itself has a built-in one and THE best for the job... with winuae you get no sound delay, frame skips, there is no chance of it, not even if you play on an old 1ghz computer.. as long as the settings is right... so, using fraps to record amiga stuff is just plain dumb.

So, you are a noob, and nothing I said was wrong... all I did was RECOMMEND winuae and camtasia for amiga recording, I never said fraps didn't work.
Old 23 February 2009, 12:41   #27
AmigaFriend

I can only say that Fraps records Winuae output. Although the best way is to record from Winuae itself.

I very much don't understand why Camtasia is needed from a start, to save native winuae output, specially games.
Old 24 February 2009, 10:05   #28
OddbOd

Quote:
Originally Posted by coze View Post
Erm, little bit off but also on topic depending on the circumstance, how does one record a PPC demo or game ? (output from BlizzardVision/CyberVision VGA output)
The only way to do this without compromising the quality is by using a VGA capture card, however these are a niche market product and very expensive (examples). The next step down is a VGA transcoder (example) which you then connect to a Hi-Def PVR (example), there may be problems with capturing odd resolutions but for the most part it should work OK.

Lower quality methods exist as xpect pointed out but for capturing video from such exotic hardware I personally wouldn't bother with anything less than solutions above.
Old 25 February 2009, 21:50   #29
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
HA, and WHERE did I say FRAPS could not record from WINUAE??? exactly.. NOWHERE!.... so, yes, you are a noob as you can't read properly... and I can even give more reasons why you are a noob:

you record winuae stuff with FRAPS, an outside recorder, when winuae itself has a built-in one and THE best for the job... with winuae you get no sound delay, frame skips, there is no chance of it, not even if you play on an old 1ghz computer.. as long as the settings is right... so, using fraps to record amiga stuff is just plain dumb.

So, you are a noob, and nothing I said was wrong... all I did was RECOMMEND winuae and camtasia for amiga recording, I never said fraps didn't work.
lmfao, you didnt read what I said, I even mentioned winuae had its own recorder.
Also your wrong, and calling me dumb aint going to win you any medals. FRAPS doesnt delay sound and such. I know cause I use to make all the pspuae eboot vids. I was just offering my opinion on the thread and as usual you have jumped on everything.

Last edited by FOL; 26 February 2009 at 17:30.