English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 26 January 2002, 01:11   #81
Ian
Global Moderator

Roll eyes (sarcastic) It makes perfect sense

CodyJarrett, was posting various review/score's the game had recevied from some Amiga magazines, after a couple of copy and paste jobs from CodyJarrett, Codetapper obviously thought, I've had enough of this crap, I'll tell Ian to use the Demo version I spent many day's fixing so it'd bloody work in WinUAE for ingrates like him.

Do you understand now??

Quote:
but not with different unconnected messages in between.
Marz 1 - Marz's Brain 0

All the message's after mine were related to my bloody posting in some way, talk about , infact

Last edited by Ian; 26 January 2002 at 01:16.
Old 16 December 2002, 21:30   #82
MethodGit

After deciding to browse through some of the old messages, mainly to look at ones made during my absence, I went back far enough to uncover this ol' thread.

And I had to ask: It's been a long while now since we last heard about discussions with the original programmer going on. I was wondering if we could have at least a little update on what's up regarding this game?

I'm sure others here are keen to get the latest know-how too.
Old 31 August 2005, 23:02   #83
Peanutuk

Just to note that Amiga Power 41 containing the Putty Squad review is now available on the AP site.
Old 12 October 2013, 01:30   #84
fryguy

Perhaps theres some hope for the Amiga version to be released, unless its just the demo version.

http://www.gamesasylum.com/2013/10/1...ctors-edition/
Old 12 October 2013, 16:37   #85
Amiga1992

"An Amiga 3.5″ floppy disk"
This game does not fit in one disk. Probably you are right and this bastard will be putting the demoversion in there. How cheeky!!
Old 15 October 2013, 00:37   #86
wilshy

How about we wait and see before slating them?
Old 15 October 2013, 08:12   #87
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
There are things known, ant things unknown.
All between are...
...manipulations.
Old 15 October 2013, 16:12   #88
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshy View Post
How about we wait and see before slating them?
Do you think 10+ years has not been enough wait? I repeat, anybody oblivious to the whole story should read back all these years worth of posts and realize what's going on.
Old 15 October 2013, 22:02   #89
wilshy

Yes it's been a while but I've been quite happily enjoying the SNES version from time to time to really worry too much about the back story, any wrong doing and just let happen what will happen then when it arrives enjoy it on the Amiga as well.

There's more to life than holding grudges for me. Energy better used enjoying stuff. I used to be hyper critical, hold grudges, take forums too personal etc and it didn't get me anywhere or provide me any enjoyment. Foot off the gas and enjoy the small things in life. Gaming is supposed to bring pleasure but I get a feeling holding a grudge about a game and company will mean if the full version does come out you'll be playing it begrudgingly anyway.

Chill out and let's see what happens eh rather than second guessing in the hope it fails?
Old 15 October 2013, 22:47   #90
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshy View Post
...let's see what happens eh rather than second guessing in the hope it fails?
"Tower critical..."
Old 18 October 2013, 00:59   #91
MrX_Cuci

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/col...oppy-disk.html
Old 18 October 2013, 01:14   #92
Amiga1992

All these articles refer to the same Retro Gaming interview bullshit.
Old 18 October 2013, 01:40   #93
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

On a floppy disk...... man, System 3 have sure been working on a new super duper compressor haven't they?

Anyone who actually believes the full Amiga version is going to be released is even more deluded than I though possible.
Old 18 October 2013, 12:36   #94
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
I don't think it means literally 1 Floppy Disk, but rather 'On Floppy Disk' as a media format.
Old 18 October 2013, 13:44   #95
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
On a floppy disk...... man, System 3 have sure been working on a new super duper compressor haven't they?

Anyone who actually believes the full Amiga version is going to be released is even more deluded than I though possible.
So I take it you're not going to join the System 3 fan club and rush out to pre-order it then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
I don't think it means literally 1 Floppy Disk, but rather 'On Floppy Disk' as a media format.
Possibly yes, but Mark Cale has had almost 20 years to prepare for this, and in the interview he doesn't even have the brains to say the game will be released on 2 floppy disks? The way he said it is just asking for confusion and misinterpretation.

The guy really is clueless as he would have made a lot more money (and in 1994 currency) by releasing the game back in the day. In his deluded brain he probably still thinks there are millions of potential Amiga users eager to rush out and pre-order his new version for 30 quid just to get the Amiga disks?

I'd also be very surprised if he has duplicated any disks as pre-orders do not seem to be available yet. If they were really being manufactured, how the hell would he know how many to make? He might think there's 1,000 Amiga users wanting them and he'll be left with a pile of useless disks! I bet it's all more PR hype and lies from the Pinocchio of the software industry. Let's hope Retrogamer follows up this classic "2 more weeks" story to keep him to his word as it pans out. My money is still on the Amiga version not being released and if he ever had the decency to reply he'd say some rubbish about not being enough interest to warrant it...
Old 18 October 2013, 15:04   #96
Leffmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
What compression and disk format did they use in the earlier Putty games? If you were to have 3 disks of uncompressed data in AmigaDOS format, then I can see how you can get close to squeezing all of that onto a single disk if you tailor the compression and use something more clever than MFM encoding with a higher linear density.
Old 18 October 2013, 15:30   #97
john1979

I live in hope.
Old 18 October 2013, 20:48   #98
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
What compression and disk format did they use in the earlier Putty games? If you were to have 3 disks of uncompressed data in AmigaDOS format, then I can see how you can get close to squeezing all of that onto a single disk if you tailor the compression and use something more clever than MFM encoding with a higher linear density.
The game has 60 odd levels and reviews at the time said it was 2 disks. The one disk demo is heavily compressed and only just fits on one disk, and that has 8 levels! So the full game is definitely 2, hence why Mark's comments about "a disk" are so badly written.
Old 18 October 2013, 20:52   #99
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
I'd also be very surprised if he has duplicated any disks as pre-orders do not seem to be available yet.
While on that subject.. where the FUCK would you have floppy disks duplicated professionally nowadays anyway?! Are floppies still produced even? I thought the final batch was over like a bunch of years ago, they pulled the plug on them.
Old 18 October 2013, 22:16   #100
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
While on that subject.. where the FUCK would you have floppy disks duplicated professionally nowadays anyway?!
Google.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fl...duplication+uk