English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 21 December 2010, 21:38   #1161
Steven

Are we likely to see a second batch of the 630 30mhz?
Old 21 December 2010, 21:40   #1162
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Jens, has no plans to.
Ill let him explain better.
Old 21 December 2010, 22:10   #1163
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
I am not planning a new run of 30MHz cards, and I am not even thinking of making a second batch of the 600 cards at all, because they turned out to be MUCH MORE work than originally planned. The amount of manual work involved is almost three times higher than I anticipated. Normally I would have to increase the price, but with announcements already made and pre-payments taken, I cannot do that.

We'll be closing the office for two days after january 1st for inventory counting and all the paperwork for taxes and stuff. After those few days, I will have the required numbers to make a decision on the remaining stock of ACA630, and about the future of any production run. From a gut feeling, I fear that we're losing money on the ACA630 (both versions).

Jens
Old 21 December 2010, 22:30   #1164
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Damn, I am sorry reading that. The only solution seems to be incerasing the price of those they are not already sold.
Old 21 December 2010, 22:41   #1165
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I was thinking exactly the same. The ACAs 600 are very cheap, and you need benefits.
Old 21 December 2010, 23:05   #1166
vroom6sri

Amigakit & Individual Computers - Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Such a shame about how the naff weather scuppered all the chances of virtually every customer getting their Xmas present early but that's the way it goes. Good things come to those who wait and I will wait happilly for what I think is going to be a wonderful bit of kit.

Thanks again (especially having just noticed the time my last order update e-mail was received from Amigakit - are you guys working through the night??!!??) for all your efforts.

Merry crimbo and a cool yule.
Old 21 December 2010, 23:12   #1167
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Hi guys,

I thought I did not have to mention it, but there has been a case where someone has managed to damage the A1200 slot connector. Yes, you have to push the card to make the connector slide on the A1200 motherboard. This pressure may only be applied to the beck of the card, or you can also push on the side of the CPU (I get good grip there..), but you may never push on the connector itself! The open wires at the back of the connector are very delicate and they might break or jam the spring contact if you apply pressure to them.

Jens

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom6sri View Post
are you guys working through the night??!!??
Kind of. I've been doing 14-hour shifts and mostly 7-day weeks since early november. Granted, not only for ACA cards, because there's also Nequester and Chameleon, but I'm really looking forward to the holidays and the tUM party.

Jens

Last edited by TCD; 21 December 2010 at 23:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 21 December 2010, 23:13   #1168
RMK

Ok, who was it? Show yourself!
Old 21 December 2010, 23:18   #1169
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK View Post
Ok, who was it? Show yourself!
I do not want to point fingers. I haven't even thought of this part of the board to be "delicate" myself, because I never had the idea that someone would try to push there.

Jens
Old 21 December 2010, 23:27   #1170
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Nequester? Let me see...
"The Nequester series has been developed specifically for next generation networks (NGN). These networks are broadband-only networks that also provide telephony services over the broadband connection. Probably the most interesting thing for visitors of ANGA Cable is the combination of DOCSIS cable access with an integrated ISDN PBX system, which enables our OEM customers to provide high-speed internet access and ISDN telephony with a single device at the customer's premises. Previously, this kind of service could only be provided by a combination of two devices that had to be adapted to each other in a tedious configuration process. Our integration results in a very competitive price, but also in significant energy savings: All Nequester models already comply with the strict obligations of the European Code of Conduct that becomes effective in 2011. "

This seem insteresting
Old 22 December 2010, 00:03   #1171
Amigaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
I am not planning a new run of 30MHz cards, and I am not even thinking of making a second batch of the 600 cards at all, because they turned out to be MUCH MORE work than originally planned. The amount of manual work involved is almost three times higher than I anticipated. Normally I would have to increase the price, but with announcements already made and pre-payments taken, I cannot do that.

We'll be closing the office for two days after january 1st for inventory counting and all the paperwork for taxes and stuff. After those few days, I will have the required numbers to make a decision on the remaining stock of ACA630, and about the future of any production run. From a gut feeling, I fear that we're losing money on the ACA630 (both versions).

Jens
That is very unfortunate if you have turned out to be making a loss. I have been one of the lucky few to jump on the order bandwagon for the 30mhz version in time, however if there is a need, I would actually be ok with a slight increase in the price to help secure future development on the Amiga. Im sure I wouldn't be the only one.

I am sure you won't increase the price, but just know that I appreciate the work and work done well is always worth paying for.
Old 22 December 2010, 01:25   #1172
RMK

Amigakit,

Just placed my order
Old 22 December 2010, 01:44   #1173
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I'm very sorry if part of the ACAs won't let benefits

But what's clear is that the response you're getting with them is beyond expectatives .
Old 22 December 2010, 02:15   #1174
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
From a gut feeling, I fear that we're losing money on the ACA630 (both versions).

Jens
I've been involved in a few homebrew projects, and honestly, I would be surprised if you said you were making money on them !

How about keeping last few of the stock for yourself, give them some loving (64 mb ? 40 MHz ? signature ?) and putting them on ebay for community to decide how much they are worth ? it wont put you on the clear, but it would ease the pain little bit
Old 22 December 2010, 07:37   #1175
amigakit.com

@RMK

Thank you!
Old 22 December 2010, 11:50   #1176
cv643d

Jens: keep 10 ACA's for yourself, sell them on eBay.de 10 years from now, it will be a nice bonus for you
Old 22 December 2010, 22:25   #1177
RMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by coze View Post
I've been involved in a few homebrew projects, and honestly, I would be surprised if you said you were making money on them !
I doubt he's making a financial loss, just that he has made less based on the time invested. If Jens was not making a profit on projects like these he would have been out of business already or not making Amiga hardware.
Old 22 December 2010, 22:28   #1178
RMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
@RMK

Thank you!

@Amigakit

Please remember to add on my clock upgrade which wouldn't add to my cart.

Thanks.
Old 22 December 2010, 23:16   #1179
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK View Post
@Amigakit

Please remember to add on my clock upgrade which wouldn't add to my cart.

Thanks.
We cant if there are no more left.
Hence why it wont let you add it to the cart.

EDIT:- Think I found your order by your forum name.
I will check if we have any clocks left tommorow.

Last edited by FOL; 22 December 2010 at 23:28.
Old 23 December 2010, 11:55   #1180
vroom6sri

Where can we download ACAtune from please? And the GUI?