English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 28 April 2014, 00:47   #1
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

What's been happening over at the Amiga Lounge

Hi, all,
I haven't been around lately, and you may be wondering "What's happening over at the Amiga lounge Website.
Well, Obviously, I didn't sell it.Nobody was willing to actually buy it and Pay Money for the site.
But we have changed things up there. Myself and a partner have "re-vamped" the site into a blog post site, sort of like Engadget, and the Verge and such. We publish "geek" news, not just stuff on the Amiga.
We chose NOT to put up a whole bunch of "eye-Candy" and active scripting and such, so even an on-line Amiga can surf it without killing it.

The "old" site is kind of still there, I was going to kill it, but we still get hundreds of hits a day to the individual pages. I have been thinking of putting the "old" site behind a pay wall for like 10 bucks a year, so we can at least pay for some of the site.
I hate to resort to banner ads and such, but the open donation system has not produced one cent in the last 5 years of the lounge's operation, so a decision will be made soon on trying to monitorize the site. Not trying to get rich here, just trying to keep the site from eating at my own pockets.

The on-line store is down. I am not sure if I want to spend the time to get it back up. I still have literally thousands of Amiga Items for sale, but the Hardware always gets posted on Amibay.

For example, I have an NTSC A3000, that I have painstakingly put together out of 2 units listed for sale there. I am 100% confident that this is the only A3000 listed for sale, with that much time and work put into it, in Canada, never mind North America.
you can also see the daily progress of me rebuilding it on the amiga lounge blog.
So Stop on by the new Amiga lounge daily at http://amigalounge.com (no www.)
Old 28 April 2014, 01:05   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Welcome back quarkx,

I've moved this thread into the Amiga Websites Reviews forum, as your website retains a good degree of relevance for our members here.
Old 28 April 2014, 02:20   #3
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Cool, thanks Prowler,
I wasn't to sure where to post it.
Old 30 April 2014, 04:03   #4
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

The new site is changing daily!
We now have a "Featured Product" for sale right on the blog page for those who do not wish to hunt down my hardware threads over at Amibay!
Right now you can order the NTSC Amiga 3000 right from the home page through paypal, and Price INCLUDES shipping to both USA and Canada (Sorry, WW shipping will be an extra $150 USD due to size and weight- Best e-mail me at the lounge if interested and not in USA/Canada)
Old 01 May 2014, 04:30   #5
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

latest photos of my A3k taken outside for best possible lighting.
The site has new featured products for sale changed everyday!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	april30 002-001.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	39846  
Old 03 May 2014, 04:33   #6
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

the site is now updated twice a day, news links early in the morning (MST) and the (daily) featured products at night (about 7pm MST). Prices are also changing daily, so swing on by.
I am putting up now, the "featured" Item (the A3000) a second hardware item and a book or manual. After the A3000 sells, I will be posting 1 hardware item, a software item, and a book or manual daily. They change EVERY Day!
Old 03 May 2014, 15:15   #7
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

I have now drastically reduced the price on the A3000 for this weekend only on the front page of the site. It is now more than $100 of what I originally put it up for
Old 03 May 2014, 21:00   #8
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Prices on the A 3000 will be jumping around at random today (experimenting with a new data base) you could see it for dirt cheap 1 min, refresh your page and see it for between $50- $100 more or less, so I suggest you grab it when you can.
Old 04 May 2014, 16:21   #9
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Sunday crazy deals today, not being posted on Amibay. swing on by, my front page "deals" (except for the A3000) being posted for just a few bucks above shipping.
A3000 price dropped again.
32 meg '060@50 mhz GVP TekMagic card (for A2000) will be posted soon, its being re-furbished (simm slot replaced) as you read this

Last edited by quarkx; 04 May 2014 at 16:31.
Old 06 May 2014, 16:14   #10
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Monitors, SCSI drives, software packages and more will be all listed this week. Remember, things that are not featured are only listed for less than 24 hours, so swing by dailly

Also (just to see if you are indeed Paying attention), an exclusive offer for EAB members.
Any purchase made off the web page, if in the Paypal "notes to seller" you put in "EAB member" or came from EAB, you will get as an extra a boxed game (I will send you a list) and 5 Amiga Magazines, 5 Cover CD's (random) and a Joystick (limited supply on the joysticks) (random Stick) at no extra cost on any purchase over $100.
Every purchase will receive cover disks or floppies with any order

ALL THIS AND SHIPPING IS INCLUDED TO USA AND CANADA

Last edited by quarkx; 06 May 2014 at 16:30.
Old 11 May 2014, 04:41   #11
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Got the missing final cable in for the A3000, so I will be posting the final "restoring blog" and possibly a You-Tube Video of loading the OS and testing the game real soon. my Bandwith sucks at the moment, so it may take a few days. I would do it tomorrow (Sunday) but it's MOM's day and I am off to spend time with her.
The A3000 is still up for grabs and the for sale stuff changes daily, so swing on by.
Old 15 May 2014, 00:06   #12
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Some very personal Life shattering events have taken place since Sunday, So I am not able to do as much on the lounge as once was.
I barley have time to do any updates in the morning any more.
So, as of Immediately, anyone attempting to hit the "old" pages, will be redirected to the new blog page. I am no longer listing anymore stuff on the front page and will pull the A3000 down soon. That's because the server logs showed that no one was ever going to those pages, they only hit the A3000 and the 060 when I had it listed.
Again, if you want to help out, Paypal donations are always welcome, but I know I am just blowing hot air here, because nobody will ever make a donation.
but it looks like the days of the site are numbered and will be shut down again soon.
Old 18 May 2014, 23:47   #13
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Looks like a nice site. I never knew it existed though.

I'm surprised somebody has not bought that a3000 yet.
Old 19 May 2014, 00:26   #14
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

Thanks, I haven't had a chance since Monday to post stuff, I just thank my webhost for filling in, and posting a few interesting things (my name is on the bottom of the stuff I post).
The A3000 is kind of funny, I had lowered the price to $60 USD for a whole 24 hours as an experiment and nobody grabbed it. I change the price daily trying to find a comfortable medium. I was going to pull it at midnight tonight and just keep it for a while longer (now that I have made room for it). But, it just proves my point, that if it's NTSC and NOT an A1200 or an A4000, people just don't want them. That's why I have 5 A2000's sitting here ready to be refurbished.
I still have about a week or so of work I have to get done here before I can return and concentrate on the site, but unfortunately, this week I have really downsized my Amiga stuff and tossed hundreds for books, Manuals, Magazines and spare parts. Not to mention about another 5000 floppy disks (most were just "back-up" copies of stuff. Filled a dumpster twice with all the stuff. But I just can't keep it all when I live in a shoebox of an Apartment.

Last edited by quarkx; 19 May 2014 at 00:39.
Old 21 May 2014, 05:18   #15
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

I have posted a new blog about the 2- A2000's I got in a while back. for those that want hardware pron
Old 23 May 2014, 14:52   #16
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

I have some custom Made A2000 packages up for sale on the blog- one with the TekMagic '060 @50 mhz.
Old 23 May 2014, 15:11   #17
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

What happened to the A3000? I'd have gladly taken it for $60
Old 23 May 2014, 15:27   #18
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

I am keeping the A3000 for now, maybe put it up for some insane price on ebay since nobody wanted it here. Remember, I do ship overseas, but overseas buyers will actually have to pay actual shipping costs and insurance, boarder fees taxes etc.
You would have probably spent an extra $300 alone just on shipping it.
Old 23 May 2014, 17:11   #19
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarkx View Post
I am keeping the A3000 for now, maybe put it up for some insane price on ebay since nobody wanted it here. Remember, I do ship overseas, but overseas buyers will actually have to pay actual shipping costs and insurance, boarder fees taxes etc.
You would have probably spent an extra $300 alone just on shipping it.
Thought as much I hope it'll find a good home in US/Canada then

Good luck with the sale, it's a beautiful machine. I'll get one too sooner or later
Old 27 May 2014, 00:16   #20
quarkx
Our prices are Insane!

We had a big weekend over at the lounge. The "Amiga computers in Miami Vice" page/blog went Viral, and we had more hits over the weekend on that page then ever in the history of the lounge.
I am in the process of putting an Excel Spreadsheet together of everything I have left for sale (not just Amiga Stuff). It is constantly being updated. I say Daily, but it is more like hourly.
I have prices with shipping listed for both USA/ Canada and overseas on the spread sheet. you can get it on the main page of the blog under stuff for sale.
Yes, before anyone asks, I am charging 99 Cents for the download, and it is just starting to be populated now. looks about 12 pages so far
Sorry, before anyone rushes out, there is absolutely NO A4000 or A1200 stuff for sale. I have a waiting list for those items. Shoot me an e-mail for information on how to be put on the list and how to get on the VIP list (another words you get the very next one that comes in)