English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 17 April 2008, 13:59   #1
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

want more games for the amiga classic ?

I request your help guys !
what could we do for having new amiga games ?
we could try to have new sdl version.
we could try to have new emulators port.
this is my first 2 ideas, tell me what's yours.
I know this is not natives games, but i tried to send email to well known amiga coders but i had no answers or negative answers (but if you think about a coder who could accept with some encouragements, tell it).
The only way i see it's to proove them we still alive and send them emails to ask for new versions. I will post later addresses emails for sdl and best emulators for the amiga i thought about genesis and snes emulators which are near finished but no sound.
But perhaps with new sdl we could run emulators sdl versions.
Please, no negative destructives posts once again, if we don't try it will never happen; even if we have no results we must try. I hope to have the support of all the amiga community, this is the first step to have a chance to succed.
Old 17 April 2008, 14:14   #2
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

amigenerator : marot@amidog.se doesn't seem to work anymore
mame : marot@amidog.se doesn't seem to work anymore
sdl : gabriele.greco@aruba.it and gabrielegreco@tin.it
ps: didn't find yet snes9x amiga 68k author email
edited :snes9x : jesper@fxrealm.com doesn't work anymore
If you send email don't forget to tell that you want a 68k amiga port.

edited found one from the same author : fpse.emu@amidog.se but it's for fpse (psx emulator), will try to this one

Last edited by turrican3; 19 April 2008 at 13:47.
Old 17 April 2008, 14:32   #3
frikilokooo

I agree completely and I wonder why when it appears a new game doesn't seem a good news.

I would wish a more synchronous(graphics/music) Day of the Tentacle version with SFX and speeches.
Old 17 April 2008, 14:44   #4
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by frikilokooo View Post
I agree completely and I wonder why when it appears a new game doesn't seem a good news.

I would wish a more synchronous(graphics/music) Day of the Tentacle version with SFX and speeches.
Yes that's the good way and i write by the past an email to the guy who did the scummvm amiga 68k version and i had a good answer for an upgrade, he wasn't again the idea, i will give an his email to encourage hil to do it.
thanks for your support frikilokooo
edited : that's it UweRyssel@gmx.de like i had good reply from him let's go we have better chances to have a new version, i just asked him for a port of the version 11 of scummvm.
Old 17 April 2008, 14:59   #5
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

you could try to mail to the "the black lotus " for having a new big demo from them. I mailed them by the past and i had good replies but more encouragements could be good.
let's go : tbl@ahnberg.pp.se
Old 17 April 2008, 15:59   #6
Retro1234
Phone Homer

A/NES http://www.anes.se/Contact.html

Maybe theres some buding Amiga Programmers around here
Old 17 April 2008, 16:03   #7
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
A/NES http://www.anes.se/Contact.html

Maybe theres some buding Amiga Programmers around here
they seem to stay active, perhaps we could send them email to encourage them.
Thank you boo boo
Old 17 April 2008, 16:19   #8
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

coders which tool do you want to see updated ?
wich tool could help you to make more easily amiga new games (or port) and utilities ?
Tell us what you need.
Old 17 April 2008, 18:31   #9
frikilokooo

@ turrican3

I think that I didn't understand well your proposal.Emulators are not very interesting for me because they need high requirements and it is not for low-end Amigas.I would like more PC games ports or other systems,optimized with low requirements.Day of the Tentacle only needs an A1200 with a little of fastram.I like new games too like BabeAnoid.It would be possible contact with its programmer.There are several new games begun without some news in a long time:

http:
//eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=32901&highlight=halloween

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...hlight=pumpkin
http://www.glastonbridge.co.uk/mrbeanbag/

Last edited by frikilokooo; 17 April 2008 at 18:46.
Old 17 April 2008, 18:36   #10
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
@ turrican3

I think that I didn't understand well your proposal.Emulators are not very interesting for me because they need high requirements and it is not for low-end Amigas.I would like more PC games ports or other systems,optimized with low requirements.Day of the Tentacle only needs an A1200 with a little of fastram.I like new games too like BabeAnoid.It would be possible to be contacted with its programmer.
yes off course, good idea too, tha's why i said everybody is welcome to give an idea to help amiga classics to have new games, native or emulated. Great idea.
thanks for all other links but if you can give the email too.

Last edited by turrican3; 17 April 2008 at 19:31.
Old 17 April 2008, 19:06   #11
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

My goal is to encourage more product for the amiga, any knid of products, if you want that happen too please email to every mail we gave, even if you have no interest in these works just for support amiga developement, i'm sure everybody suffer by the lack of new software for the amiga.
jsut email please give it a chance to happen, by the past like i said some developper show an interest to continue to work for the amiga but they need your full support.
I think the amiga community still great and strong but we must show we still there.

Please make it happen, we must all be together, if everybody ask to developer separately it will lead to near nothing, but together we will have more
ps: i will make a list of all email and project you want to support, continue to give projects you want to support, even hardware if you want.
Everything will be good.
Old 17 April 2008, 19:10   #12
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Is there someone who could have the new mail of Jesper Svennevid who did snes9x, the one i have doesn't work.
ps: for halloween and pumpkin we could write encouragement to eab board directly.

Last edited by turrican3; 17 April 2008 at 19:21.
Old 17 April 2008, 19:44   #13
frikilokooo

we can fill the Mr.Beanbag! guestbook of messages

http://www.glastonbridge.co.uk/mrbeanbag/guestbook.php
Old 17 April 2008, 19:49   #14
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
we can fill the Mr.Beanbag! guestbook of messages

http://www.glastonbridge.co.uk/mrbeanbag/guestbook.php
yes good idea, let's go
Old 18 April 2008, 23:35   #15
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

amikit reach 10,000 download, you can let your comment
http://amikit.amiga.sk/
Old 19 April 2008, 00:21   #16
Graham Humphrey

And that's got what to do with more Amiga games?
Old 19 April 2008, 01:33   #17
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

but i changed my mind but i can't change the title sorry. but i think i will ask to delete this thread later and will make a new one more comprehensive. Don't delete it now i have to make the new one.
after reflections it could be cool to encourage every developement on the amiga or about the amiga. that's why i add amikit.
You are better than me for making thread that's sure mine always look like trash after one day

Old 19 April 2008, 02:11   #18
Marcuz

one whole day?
Old 19 April 2008, 03:55   #19
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

not even a whole day
Old 19 April 2008, 20:34   #20
Cammy

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know here that Underground Arcade is dedicated to bringing out quality games for classic Amigas, and we're working on a couple of games that should be finished throughout the year!

As for the other games, I think maybe the guys at Amiga Games That Weren't should get in contact with Tricky, the coder of Mr. Beanbag, because it seems like they've abandoned the project, which is a real shame because it was looking fantastic.

I think we'll still see Super Pumpkin Bros though, but a little encouragement on the thread about it might help, since no one has posted there since October last year!

I'd love to see some decent Mega Drive and SNES emulators for my Amiga. I love AmiMasterGear, it's my favourite emulator, although it's a shame development ceased because there are still a few good unsupported games. And I would have though the Amiga could emulate a Mega Drive/Genesis easily enough because they have similar CPUs, but I guess all the emulators out there were PC Linux ports that probably had to emulate the CPU or something. I'm not sure how it all works, but I'd just love to be able to play more games on my Amiga (even though I have nearly all those old consoles set up in my games room anyway). It'd just be so impressive to see Sonic running on the Amiga.

I think what someone needs to do is make a new Amiga games website, like Amiga Flame but different maybe (since Amiga Flame is still going, I just discovered!), and just focus on advertising any new Amiga games by displaying a screenshot and info about each one on the front page maybe. It could have links to all of the Amiga games from recent years, both freeware and commercial. Maybe someone here has the time to do something like that? It could even be on one of those blog websites.

I dunno if anyone even knows about it yet, but there seems to be another Amiga game in development, but it's not clear if it's for classic or OS4. Here's a link to the developer's blog...

http://happygamesdev.blogspot.com/

And remember, if anyone here wants to help make new games, let us know and you can join Underground Arcade, we're looking for more coders, graphic artists, musicians, playtesters, and anyone else with game making skills or interests.

Don't give up hope!