English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Amiga Forever

Old 19 April 2018, 12:02   #1
mroshaw

State of DH1: in A4000 PPC 4.1 not presisted

I've built a logical A4000 system in Amiga Forever 7, purchased a license for AmigaOS 4.1 FE from Hyperion, and successfully installed an emulated 4.1 system.

All is well, except when I attach a second external HDF (as DH1. On booting, the HDD (DH1 appears as uninitialized and I'm able to format it through Workbench. I install a bunch of "Extras" off the 4.1 CD onto the DH1: partition and all is well with the world.

However, when I reset the system all changes to the DH1: HDF are lost. I'm not prompted to apply changes to the attached devices, as I am when running my A1200 system. When I get back in to Workbench, DH1: once again appears as "uninitialised". All changes that I make to DH0: "stick" without any problems.

Quirk of running AmigaOS 4.1 in Amiga Forever or something I've not set correctly in my storage configuration?

Thoughts greatly appreciated!
Old 19 April 2018, 16:33   #2
mroshaw

I've recreated the A4000 config in WinUAE and installed AmigaOS 4.1 FE again. I can then mount and format DH1: and its state persists between reboots.

I guess Amiga Forever doesn't expose or default appropriate disk configuration to support 4.1 when new disks are created?

Either way, I'm actually finding it much more enjoyable using WinUAE and experimenting the the huge array of additional options. AF feels very tame compared to WinUAE!
Old 19 April 2018, 16:40   #3
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroshaw View Post
Either way, I'm actually finding it much more enjoyable using WinUAE and experimenting the the huge array of additional options. AF feels very tame compared to WinUAE!
Old 22 April 2018, 03:58   #4
Saghalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroshaw View Post
I've recreated the A4000 config in WinUAE and installed AmigaOS 4.1 FE again. I can then mount and format DH1: and its state persists between reboots.

I guess Amiga Forever doesn't expose or default appropriate disk configuration to support 4.1 when new disks are created?

I think OS4.1 is looking for the RDB of the HD. I have the same issue although it seems to work fine even though AF7 reports that it's a bad HD and needs to insert a boot disk, it just continues on and boots.

Cloanto doesn't seem to see the issue or is not responding to support tickets about it.