English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 26 July 2019, 10:25   #1
bobrpggamer

Any Thief series fans out there?

I have a set of completely clean (nothing commercial) Thief Gold, Thief 2: The Metal Age and Thief 3: Deadly Shadows community fan missions and utilities and everything you could want for the Thief Series (excluding Thief 4).

The Ultimate Thief Series Add-On Pack

These "Thief Series" community extras were originally offered by a great Thief fan named KOMAG he stopped selling the DVDs back in 2010 or so. I never fully tested all the things here but KOMAG was a huge Thief fan so I am sure he tested some if not all, so I cannot guarantee any or all will work.

There are 6 DVD ISOs totaling 24.8 GB they have been zipped with winrar and have all been scanned for viruses with Norton Antivirus.

The contents are:

Final Komag DVD 1
Contents:
Thief 2 FMs: Thief II FMs [2007-2009, 146 Zipped FMs]
darkloader43_final.zip
README.txt

Final Komag DVD 2
Contents:
Thief 2 FMs OLDER [Thief II FMs: 2007-2009, 146 Zipped FMs]
darkloader43_final.zip
README.txt

Final Komag DVD 3
Contents:
T2X
Thief 2 FMs OLDEST [Thief II FMs: 2000-2002, 115 Zipped FMs]
Thief Extras
darkloader43_final.zip
README.txt

Final Komag DVD 4
Contents:
Dromed T1G
Dromed T2
NightBlade
Official Thief Demos
Patches, Other
System Shock 2
Thief 1G FMs: [Thief Golf FMs: 1999-2009, 176 Zipped FMs]
Thief Extras
Thievery
darkloader43_final.zip
README.txt

Final Komag DVD 5
Contents:
T3 Extras
T3 Patches, Tweaks, Textures
T3 Save Games
T3Ed
The Dark Mod
Thief 3 FMs [Thief 3 FMs: 2005-2009, 33 Zipped FMs]
GARRETTLOADER_ALL_IN_ONE_SETUP_1_41.ZIP
GARRETTLOADER_UPGRADE_1_41.ZIP
README.txt

Final Komag DVD 6
Contents:
Old Irrelevant FMs and other junk
Thief 3 Full Playthrough Speedrun!
2004-03-25_thief-deadlyshadows Warren Spectre.wmv
Faceless Part2 - Ingame.zip
README.txt

Box Scans

I was going to add a torrent but I think I will upload to Onedrive instead, I am not really sure how to make a torrent private here.

So I will wait to see if anyone wants it before I upload it.

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 26 July 2019 at 10:52.
Old 26 July 2019, 11:22   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Well I am a Thief fan so hi there.

But I still am not interested in this content. It's just too much man!
Old 26 July 2019, 11:30   #3
bobrpggamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Well I am a Thief fan so hi there.

But I still am not interested in this content. It's just too much man!
Yeah its massive but you could just download 1 or 2 DVDs but its up to you and that's why I am going to wait to upload it.

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 26 July 2019 at 11:41.
Old 03 August 2019, 13:51   #4
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Nice list

Thief 2 is still the pinnacle of stealth games IMO, and one of my favourite games of all time. I remember working my way through that game during my time at university, and being utterly entranced and immersed by its amazing atmosphere. Few games have had the same effect on me since.

And Thief 3 was memorable for featuring the scariest level ever. I had nightmares about the Shalebridge Cradle months after completing it. That level was pure horror - I distinctly remember feeling trapped in the asylum, not wanting to leave the safety of the shadows, and even not wanting to look at my screen! I thought I was never going to escape that hellish place.
Old 11 August 2019, 04:49   #5
bobrpggamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzkat View Post
Nice list

Thief 2 is still the pinnacle of stealth games IMO, and one of my favourite games of all time. I remember working my way through that game during my time at university, and being utterly entranced and immersed by its amazing atmosphere. Few games have had the same effect on me since.

And Thief 3 was memorable for featuring the scariest level ever. I had nightmares about the Shalebridge Cradle months after completing it. That level was pure horror - I distinctly remember feeling trapped in the asylum, not wanting to leave the safety of the shadows, and even not wanting to look at my screen! I thought I was never going to escape that hellish place.
Those guys with the wire on their head in shalebridge cradle sneaking up on you was the scariest part of any game I remember.

Something funny, I actually played Thief Gold and Thief 2: the Metal Age in an actual Asylum, Napa State Hospital to be exact. We were allowed to have PCs back in those days, they took away that privilege right after I left and you can't really do anything there anymore. I promised I would not talk about personal things but that one was too tempting.

I played Doom, Quake, Fallout 1 and 2 and others there in the 90s.

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 11 August 2019 at 05:45.
Old 12 August 2019, 12:11   #6
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I just read that Nightdive Studios is working on a System Shock 2 remaster. It'd be rather great if they could bump the original two Thief games as well since it's largely the same tech. Not too much needs to be done really, as long as it is patched to work on modern multicore CPUs and fixing the resolutions and the video player would be a major boost as well as incorporating a loot glitch fix for Thief 2 so you can 100% it.
Old 12 August 2019, 15:58   #7
Dunny

What I'd love is for the original Thief/Thief 2 missions to be ported to The Dark Mod, and then graphically upgraded to match. But they won't do that, nor will they allow anyone to publish such

'Cos Dark Mod is the closest thing to Thief I have (aside from The UT Thievery mod which is an absolute riot) and it's just not the same without Garret's voice acting - though some of the missions do come quite close.
Old 16 August 2019, 18:12   #8
bobrpggamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I just read that Nightdive Studios is working on a System Shock 2 remaster. It'd be rather great if they could bump the original two Thief games as well since it's largely the same tech. Not too much needs to be done really, as long as it is patched to work on modern multicore CPUs and fixing the resolutions and the video player would be a major boost as well as incorporating a loot glitch fix for Thief 2 so you can 100% it.
I am still waiting on the System Shock 1 remake on steam, it seems it never gets any updates on progress. I played System Shock 2 and I loved it but it was so hard I had to cheat and use a cheat code to add ammo at one point where that mech machine was kicking my ass all over the place. It had a cool twist in it to that was shocking - yeah.

I wished the first 2 Thief's were done in the Thief 3 flesh engine because if the lighting and hi res models would have made it great, also because it had Garrets voice in it and the voices of some of the original guards as well.

[QUOTE=What I'd love is for the original Thief/Thief 2 missions to be ported to The Dark Mod, and then graphically upgraded to match. But they won't do that, nor will they allow anyone to publish such

'Cos Dark Mod is the closest thing to Thief I have (aside from The UT Thievery mod which is an absolute riot) and it's just not the same without Garret's voice acting - though some of the missions do come quite close.[/QUOTE]

I fooled around with the dark Mod myself and started a new mission but as always I did not finish:

[ Show youtube player ]

As you can see old Lord Bafford was my first and always makes my perfect first mission subject:

[ Show youtube player ]

Notice the old guard from the first 2 Thief's, he was a character, and including him and Garrets voice (I put his voice in twice in the secret treasure room) really made Thief 3 what it was, the Xbox was what ruined the rest of it. This Thief 3 mission was fun to play just on my own screwing around with the guards and hearing the one guard yell "I know this place better than you", yeah right, I designed it. I got carried away with the secret rooms but I had a loading screen mentioning "Lord Bafford is very secretive and is a fanatic for having secret passages, use them to outwit the guards" (perhaps peeping in on his nieces) that's not in the video as a few other things also were fixed and I seemed to have lost some of my map data somehow so I had to make the video with the latest map I could find. the plot was to have garret sneak into the guards quarters - which I never finished - and turn off the alarms to enter the treasure room which also need a special key to enter Lord Baffords private quarters hat could not be picked - which is also not in the video as I did not get that far. so Garret slips in and finds a golum that has killed Bafford's niece "Catherine" in the diary I set out and needs to be destroyed to get to the bloodline opal that was stolen in one of the official missions in Thief 3 and just make it back to the sewer entrance to finish the mission. I was going for a no kill mission and only knockouts to make it more challenging.

The mission was "Back to Basics". As it goes, Garret Mission Briefing (or similar) "I have had enough fooling around with those fanatic hammerites and avoiding the pagans is also proving to be a job in its own. so I found out that my old friend Lord Baffard has claimed the Bloodline Opal at a secret auction, so I think I will pay him a visit to secure that opal one more time to pay off a debt I cannot get out of and if I don't it will be my skin for sure this time. I hear Lord Bafford has set up some advanced security, no doubt he underestimated me and his precious scepter's security after my first encounter with him. It will not be easy and he has guards all over the estate, but thanks to some Intel I acquired I can use his secret doors and rooms to my advantage. This is the job a master thief dreams about.

The Dark Mod had great support for it and the guys were really helpful when it came to technical questions but I think about that time I moved on to something else. You may not notice but I had a tiny little texture of grime placed on every edge of every beam and baseboard piece in the entrance to the sewers in the video and it took forever to do so but I am a perfectionist with this type of thing so I can't really help myself.

Thief 1 and 2 along with F.E.A.R. are the only games I have been able to play over (also Half Life 2), there is something about the gameplay that is always fun to play over. Thief had its immersion, interesting levels, cool story and amazing cut scenes. F.E.A.R. had the greatest gun-play of any FPS I have played and Half Life 2 was just a fun play-through especially with the car on the coast part.

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 17 August 2019 at 05:55.
Old 22 August 2019, 15:36   #9
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrpggamer View Post
Thief had its immersion, interesting levels, cool story and amazing cut scenes.
Not to mention characters and entities. The keepers, Karras, the Eye, Victoria... Plant ladies with pretty voices, mm, mm, mm.

And yeah the good old Hammerites (and the Mechanists off-shoot) VS the Pagans. Magical.
Old 11 September 2019, 17:35   #10
piesel

Huge Thief fan, played tons of fan missions and also contributed to the scene translating some of them in italian. Always thought that Thief 1 atmosphere is unparalled, Skacky and Melan missions are the best.
Old 13 October 2019, 22:19   #11
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Love the Thief games.