English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 31 July 2019, 16:35   #1
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

ideas to launch cdda at the best moment

hi Toni,
could you make a way to launch cdda when something precise happen ?
I mean something like disk1: track 74 then launch cdda 1, etc...
Or from a cd, the cd-rom read this track then launch cdda 1 or a mp3...
Or else, if you have a better idea ??
I know, the best should be to make it on a real amiga.
hopefully jotd and you (akiko trick) did an amazing job to make it happen on the cd32.
But why i'm asking that ?? Because i'm not a coder, i'm too stupid too understand ASm, a shame !!! That's why i'm trying to find a way to make it with winuae in a clean way. I know that this is not a priority for you but if you have time or better idea than mines to make it a reality please give it a try, something the more easy for you, even if it use a dos command to launch mp3, i'll be happy with anything.
Then we could share amiga cdda games, some games really need it, on a real amiga 1200 it seems really tricky to do or perhaps impossible, winuae seems to be the last solution, perhaps not the best but finally we could have a solution.
ps: an option to set the volume of every amiga voices could be great too
Old 31 July 2019, 16:40   #2
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

an other idea, my goal with this one : no new settings in winuae.
my idea : a folder with an adf and if a a file named "xxxxx.cdda" is there then winuae could read it to know when launching cdda or mp3 ??
Invisible for those who doesn't care no new setting in winuae menu.
good idea or p... of SH.. ???
Old 01 August 2019, 19:07   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

New weird "trigger" options for just this kind of feature is not going to happen.

But some kind of input event that forces CD audio play probably is acceptable but it probably won't help much..
Old 18 September 2019, 02:30   #4
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
New weird "trigger" options for just this kind of feature is not going to happen.

But some kind of input event that forces CD audio play probably is acceptable but it probably won't help much..
what kind of input do you think about ?? You mean a keyboard input or gamepad ?? Or something perhaps more complexe.
Is it possible for winuae

using debugger or else to launch cdda instead of amiga mod and save it like a savestate.
It's really a newbie question, i don't know what is possible to do with those winuae tools, i remember a guy trying to display addam's family with hiddens background then i supposed that some things are perhaps possible to do with winuae debugger or else. Just want to know if possible or not ???
If it stupid, it's stupid, but i have to ask to know.
Old 24 September 2019, 20:48   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Something like having config entry like "cd_audio_state" that can be set to "play 10" (to play track 10), "pause" to pause etc.. Reading it will return current state.

Then it is possible to use custom input events (or uae-configuration) to set it to whatever you want. (and more in the future. maybe)
Old 24 September 2019, 21:05   #6
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Something like having config entry like "cd_audio_state" that can be set to "play 10" (to play track 10), "pause" to pause etc.. Reading it will return current state.

Then it is possible to use custom input events (or uae-configuration) to set it to whatever you want. (and more in the future. maybe)
Excuse me toni, but could you give me a hint of which custom input events could do that ?? I used them already but more something like : button 10 -> launch cdda... But i really don't understand how to make track 10 then read cdda ??? Sorry.
Please a hint Toni. But i will pray for your maybe more in the future.