Into the Wonderful

Amiga Persecution Complex?

lol!
CLICK
Old 04 September 2003, 03:24   #2
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

The guy's retarded. linux...winning????
What a joke. Maybe to the fanatical uber geeks, linux is the preffered choice, maybe so, but in the home, personal use, etc, Mac is a distant but easy second.
Old 04 September 2003, 13:22   #3
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Send a message via ICQ to KombatSanta
Hahaha LOL I guess I have a case of the Amiga Persecution Complex then. I always state that Linux is the os. But I see Freds point here: The Linux inviroment is not the easiest for people like "ordinary Joe", but it's one hell of a system!
Old 04 September 2003, 14:05   #4
Lockrobster

Hehe not retarded. I've been waiting for someone to find this reference. This is from the Jargon File which is a very important and respected resource.

Even our respected FLT made it there - look under '***** kiddies' or somewhere near...

edit: darn censorship. zeraW kiddies
Old 04 September 2003, 14:40   #5
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Send a message via ICQ to KombatSanta
Quote:
[BELONG] is the only word you will need to know. ***** d00dz want to belong. They have been shunned by everyone, and thus turn to cyberspace for acceptance. That is why they always start groups like TGW, FLT, USA and the like. Structure makes them happy. [...] ***** d00dz will never have a handle like "Pink Daisy" because ***** d00dz are insecure. Only someone who is very secure with a good dose of self-esteem can stand up to the cries of fag and girlie-man. More likely you will find ***** d00dz with handles like: Doctor Death, Deranged Lunatic, Hellraiser, Mad Prince, Dreamdevil, The Unknown, Renegade Chemist, Terminator, and Twin Turbo. They like to sound badass when they can hide behind their terminals. More likely, if you were given a sample of 100 people, the person whose handle is Hellraiser is the last person you'd associate with the name.
Funny, somewhat accurate, but mostly rubbish.
Old 04 September 2003, 16:31   #6
Lockrobster

Oh well, selective fragmentary quoting does the whole thing no justice really.. But personally that little bit above was the best account I've seen of life as courier/spreader/whatever in the 8/16 bit heyday

A compendium like the Jargon File is always a bit of an account of history. But whenever the subject is people rather than technology it's ok to assume the changes and evolutions would happen at a slower rate
Old 05 September 2003, 11:00   #7
IanS

Looking through EAB, I have to say that they may have a point there. Some of us definitely seem to have a persecution complex... the whole world is against us, Microsoft is the spawn of the devil, AOS is the best at everything and is nearly perfect, no matter what else is out there!

Mind you, everybody knows that the best computer and OS ever belong to the Sinclair ZX81 !!!!!!

Old 05 September 2003, 11:23   #8
Dizzy
Pirate

Oh I thought it was my M&Mcalculator wich had the coolest OS. And my Brain wich was the coolest computer
Old 05 September 2003, 12:43   #9
IanS

M & M calculator... pah. My girlfriend has a Smarties one which is even cooler!

Not being in posession of a brain, I cannot comment on that aspect, but as soon as I take delivery of my new "Neolithic Man MK1" brain unit, I will attempt to takee that title from you Dizzy!

Old 23 September 2003, 18:19   #10
tin

I don't think it's a persecution complex we suffer from? I thought we all knew that those in charge of commodore didn;t know what the f :eek ck they were doing and escom/gateway stuffed themselves financially by concentrating on the PC market (esp escom!!) and had to bail out?

Whats truely amazing and a testiment to how great the miggy is is how Petro managed to keep the whole thing financed during all the cock ups - now thats a reverse persecution complex, no?
Old 23 September 2003, 19:03   #11
IanS

If I had a brain (which I don't) I would suggest that we give Petro an honourary Sainthood... just because he stuck with it for so long. Saint Petro of Amiga?

However, I think (my brain only think on a primative level at the best of times) many Amigans have a smug superiority complex, which whilst once deserved... is now somewhat dated. I am however quite sure we should be proud of what the Amiga is and was, bearing in mind it's limitations.

Peace and goodwill to all (yes even to Akira! ) by order of the omnipotent G W Bush esq.