English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Collections

Old 10 April 2018, 07:32   #101
chip

Why Galahad you speak of "this part of the collection" ?

There's other stuff you must still receive ?
Old 10 April 2018, 08:59   #102
SimonV

I am bit busy at the moment, but I think Steffest is always in for a bit of imaging. So if we can help ... we do have some experience.
Old 10 April 2018, 09:00   #103
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
I am bit busy at the moment, but I think Steffest is always in for a bit of imaging. So if we can help ... we do have some experience.
I plus this. Simon did a great job with the BS1 collection.
Old 10 April 2018, 09:07   #104
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb View Post
first, the last disk of a Quaterback set will always have errors, as it will not completely be written to it by the backup software

second, if there is an error on a Quaterback set, Quaterback will restore the incomplete file and then continue with the next one

that said, why do you image Quaterback disks and not simply restore them?

also, please give the disks (all of them) to someone who has experience and knows how to image disks, someone who wont be resistant against tipps which programs have the best chance to recover the data.

thank you.
Im doing fine thanks
Old 10 April 2018, 10:56   #105
Crown
Demoscener

Hi mate,

I am actually browsing through each disk which you have salvaged and there are many rare modules (unfortunately not all with author names). I managed to find a disks full of tunes from an old contact of mine (Wave/The Electric touch) so it was a bit of nostalgia really.

Thank a lot for the tremendous work and I can't wait to get the next packages.

Sub0: so many sidmon tunes, this is like a dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Part 5 of the Skid Row Collection in the zone.

Real mixture of stuff.

I think someone needs to give Crown/Cryptoburners a shout, could well be unreleased modules in this lot so far.
Old 10 April 2018, 11:10   #106
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown View Post
Hi mate,

I am actually browsing through each disk which you have salvaged and there are many rare modules (unfortunately not all with author names). I managed to find a disks full of tunes from an old contact of mine (Wave/The Electric touch) so it was a bit of nostalgia really.

I suspected there would be a lot of new stuff.

I can't remember them all, but there are some modules on some of the comp disks as well, so you might want to check them out
Old 10 April 2018, 13:44   #107
Subzero
Living and Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb View Post
first, the last disk of a Quaterback set will always have errors, as it will not completely be written to it by the backup software

second, if there is an error on a Quaterback set, Quaterback will restore the incomplete file and then continue with the next one

that said, why do you image Quaterback disks and not simply restore them?

also, please give the disks (all of them) to someone who has experience and knows how to image disks, someone who wont be resistant against tipps which programs have the best chance to recover the data.

thank you.
resistant reason: ...as said in earlier msg, Galahad is the ONLY person who gets this stuff from me, he is FIRST one to check out, as there could be unreleased games , sources etc. included, which shouldnt be public directly... not before me has taken a look at... then we will see... so giving Phill tips and hints might be nice of you all, but iam sure he is clever enuff to get that all done, without 20 people getting on his nerves, we (phill and myself) do have all the time of the World to get through this collection from me... which includes around 3500disks! without them harddisks... and i just sent about 200 or so at the moment, so no need to hassle anything, comes time, comes software, that simple!. stay tuned or stay away. its all up to Phill anyways...
Old 10 April 2018, 13:49   #108
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero View Post
resistant reason: ...as said in earlier msg, Galahad is the ONLY person who gets this stuff from me, he is FIRST one to check out, as there could be unreleased games , sources etc. included, which shouldnt be public directly... not before me has taken a look at... then we will see... so giving Phill tips and hints might be nice of you all, but iam sure he is clever enuff to get that all done, without 20 people getting on his nerves, we (phill and myself) do have all the time of the World to get through this collection from me... which includes around 3500disks! without them harddisks... and i just sent about 200 or so at the moment, so no need to hassle anything, comes time, comes software, that simple!. stay tuned or stay away. its all up to Phill anyways...
ah ok ! good, only 3500 disks, it's all fine. The BS1 collection contains more than 10000 disks
Old 10 April 2018, 15:14   #109
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown View Post
Hi mate,

Ref your query about that disk, it simply says "Song-Disk NR7 Modules" which is printed by printer not by hand.

I used disksalv just in case there was any deleted files, and there was nothing.

So unless Subzero can remember, its unknown
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180410_141338.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	57769  
Old 10 April 2018, 15:39   #110
Alen

Finally something going on in here...
Old 10 April 2018, 15:49   #111
Alen

Quote:
Im doing fine thanks
Please have a look at this for correctly dumping the last disk of a Quarterback set:
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/alien/inf...#_Toc507681919
Old 10 April 2018, 16:09   #112
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Please have a look at this for correctly dumping the last disk of a Quarterback set:
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/alien/inf...#_Toc507681919
I'm already using something that will correctly dump the last disk in a Quarterback set without having to do disk swaps and resetting options

I appreciate the helpful pointers from people, but theres this weird assumption that I don't have a clue what i'm doing with AMIGA DISKS when my speciality for over 20 years has been to deal with...... AMIGA DISKS!

Old 10 April 2018, 16:14   #113
Subzero
Living and Legend

Old 10 April 2018, 16:18   #114
chip

Probably not, but i'll do the question anyway

There's a way to manage Quarterback disks under Windows with some application or it is strictly Amiga only ?

Thanks for attention, chip
Old 10 April 2018, 16:19   #115
Subzero
Living and Legend

Quote:
Ref your query about that disk, it simply says "Song-Disk NR7 Modules" which is printed by printer not by hand.

I used disksalv just in case there was any deleted files, and there was nothing.

So unless Subzero can remember, its unknown
cant remember, have to listen to ... there are manyy disks named st-00... not really sure what i was up to back then, must-a-be some heavy weed....
Old 10 April 2018, 16:49   #116
Apollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero View Post
NAVY_VANISHDISK.ADF probably intro + source from any of the intros he did for us
(crack inc, ministry)
More probably from Calypso/Vanish as Navy has done graphics. Sorry for being OT....
Old 10 April 2018, 17:02   #117
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
More probably from Calypso/Vanish as Navy has done graphics. Sorry for being OT....
Yeah, mostly graphics on that disk. I have found a Vanish source code disk for a couple of Skid Row intros, but Subzero needs to check it out first as to whether or not he's happy for it to be released.
Old 10 April 2018, 18:43   #118
mai

Quote:
Cool, would be good if you did a list of everything unknown you've found so we can see how successful this haul has been
Honestly, not me, someone else can do that!
Volunteers?
Old 10 April 2018, 19:31   #119
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Honestly, not me, someone else can do that!
Volunteers?
Should be someone knowing TOSEC for sure (otherwise it's just a pain job of blind checking everything (and with no guarantees that there will be a good work done)).
I am not even sure if this tool may help as we are talking about newly created ADF from floppy-disks.
Old 10 April 2018, 20:30   #120
Subzero
Living and Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
yay,greetings old chap!