English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 08 October 2018, 23:51   #201
high-5
Zone Friend

Thanks cyberhead97!
I really love this. As a part time Amiga user it is an easy way for me of having a fully customized AmigaOS install.
Do you plan to do this for 3.1.4 also?
Old 09 October 2018, 08:31   #202
cloverskull

I filed a github issue, but wanted to also flag here - when I try using hstwb installer to install os3.9 with bb1+2 and classicwb3.9, I get the asyncwb error. If I manually run this entire installation, I don't get the error, so something must not be working 100% correctly.

Beyond that, _very_ impressive package!
Old 09 October 2018, 14:41   #203
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by high-5 View Post
Thanks cyberhead97!
I really love this. As a part time Amiga user it is an easy way for me of having a fully customized AmigaOS install.
Do you plan to do this for 3.1.4 also?
Yes, I have planned 3.1.4 in for future v1.3. I have bought A1200 and A500/A600/A2000 versions as I see those as the most critical ones to support. I would like to support all versions of Workbench 3.1.4, but I don't own an A3000 or A4000, so didn't buy those versions.

Maybe if I could get hold of the install scripts and lists of file names and sizes, I can write support for them as well without owning them. I will of course need someones to help test those to verify that it works as I don't own those versions.

I'm working on getting docs for v1.2.0 finalized, but is considered getting it released without it includes all documentation and get it updated meanwhile on the hstwb website, which will be the place to find the latest docs. Currently it mostly located at github wiki pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverskull View Post
I filed a github issue, but wanted to also flag here - when I try using hstwb installer to install os3.9 with bb1+2 and classicwb3.9, I get the asyncwb error. If I manually run this entire installation, I don't get the error, so something must not be working 100% correctly.

Beyond that, _very_ impressive package!
Thanks, I'm happy to know that people find it useful.

Good you created an issue on github and notified me here. Sounds like it needs further investigating.

Can you please share where you got your BB1 & 2 updates from and share a MD5 checksum of your Amiga OS 3.9 cd-rom/iso? It would also be useful with details about WinUAE/FS-UAE/emulator and version used.
Old 11 October 2018, 23:59   #204
cyberhead97

I have started creating support for automated installation of Amiga OS 3.1.4 A1200 version at first put as part of HstWB Installer v1.3.0-ALPHA.

It's not in a user friendly state yet, but it's taking good shape, works and does automated installation from both adf files and floppy disks at the moment.

I have also added installation of the new Glow Icons on the storage disk, which depends on what users select in a requester choosing either yes and no.

Here's a video of the Amiga OS 3.1.4 A1200 being installed using WinUAE [ Show youtube player ].
Old 06 November 2018, 22:09   #205
cyberhead97

Finally HstWB Installer v1.2.0 stable is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:

HstWB Installer:
  • HstWB Installer v1.2.0 MSI Installer
  • HstWB Installer v1.2.0 Portable

HstWB package and user package installation:
  • HstWB Package Installation v1.2.0
  • HstWB User Package Installation v1.2.0

Prebuild self install images:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0
  • 32GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0
  • 64GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0

Raspberry Pi:
  • Amibian v1.4.1001 img preconfigured with HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0
  • USB self install files

v1.2.0 stable includes following changes compared to v1.2.0-BETA6:
  • Fixed install kickstart script detecting Cloanto Amiga Forever rom key file.
  • Fixed packages not being sorted by priority and name.
  • Updated and formatted PFS3 images with PFS3AIO 3.1.
  • Updated readme and moved most of it to Github Wiki at https://github.com/henrikstengaard/hstwb-installer/wiki.

All downloads for v1.2.0 is ~10GB in total.

I'm still working on updating documentation moved to Github Wiki at https://github.com/henrikstengaard/hstwb-installer/wiki with simplified quickstarts and details about new features introduced with v1.2.0.

To get an idea of how to use HstWB Installer, I have started writing https://github.com/henrikstengaard/h...stWB-Installer.

Also works continues with v1.3.0-BETA1 to support Amiga OS 3.1.4 and with the recent situation of changes online downloads, I need to examine if MD5 checksums have changed as well.

Have fun with the release and please report any issues
Old 07 November 2018, 08:31   #206
RoC

Fantastic. I am going to install the 16GB 1.2.0 over the weekend ;-)
The new PFS3AIO helps.

Having bought the 3.1.4 as well, looking forward to installing the 1.3 betas when they are ready sometime in the future.

Thanks!
Old 07 November 2018, 21:59   #207
high-5
Zone Friend

Grats for new stable release!
Hope to have some time next week to try it out.

Looking forward to 1.3.0-Beta :-)