English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 22 October 2015, 11:42   #1
lasborg

"Arcade mode" joystick issues

A friend of mine came over for some amiga gaming on the big TV. This was my first experience with the Arcade frontend of fs-uae. But we had some issues with joystick/controller selection.

When "arcade" was booted an a game started a input select appeared. It was not clear how we should "navigate" this page. eventually we got past it simply by pressing buttons on the joysticks.
But strangely when i pushed my jpystick button the name of the other joystick appeared. Strange.
As i wrote it was very unclear how the input screen should be used.
Since we could not figure it out, we had to press F12 every game and select proper joysticks and input mode (mouse/gamepad etc)

It was kind of a hassle, and it forced me to reach for the keyboard a lot more than i really expected to in arcade.

Maybe the input select screen needs some work, or at least some explanatory text to raise useability.

Is there a way to set the default controller options in Arcade so it defaults to the two joysticks, so controller select maybe could be skipped?
Old 02 December 2015, 20:56   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, the input screen is really only "temporary". As in, it works as designed (or at least should work), but looks rubbish.

It should, when working properly, automatically select the device you are currently using in FS-UAE Arcade as the device for the primary joystick port, and the next available joystick device for the second joystick port (only if the game is set up to use two joysticks).

So, under ideal circumstances, you should just need press the "primary" button on your gamepad to pass the screen (because everything is correctly set up already - the screen is always shown in case you want another setup).

If you suspect it isn't working correctly, please post a screenshot of the input selection screen (as it appears without you having done anything) and I'll see if anything seems wrong.