English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 18 September 2006, 21:02   #1
jimbob

Anyone else like ICEs Fire Force

ha ha die filthy terrorist! i just finished this game which I failed to finish many years ago. It is very much easier than I remember but still great fun.

The graphics and controls might not be the slickest of all time and the ending is, well, shit. (or do you get a proper ending if you retire the whole roster?) and the bad guys are severly retarded but it is very playable and a sensible size (only 12 missions) to not get totally repetitive. Even a bug is fun like occasionally tossing a grenade straight up in the air when starting a mission. And the fact that collecting different medals will get you promoted faster than top performances seems perversely realistic.

Hands up if you love(or hate) this game. Anyone know if has any hidden surprises, I don't think its quite good enough to play through 6 times to find out, and can you beat a navy cross, one mission report a 137(?)% success without getting that big gold medal that "TAD" has. I think 95% will get it but I didn't beat 93%.
Old 18 September 2006, 23:57   #2
aldo

Just played it for the first time, It seems quite a good game; the controls seem a wee bit iffy but they probably just need getting used to.
Old 19 September 2006, 04:08   #3
haps
Rumpig

I remember when a friend of mine got a pirate copy years ago, I convinced my little brother into buying it and spent many hours playing. Never retired the whole roster though, so I can't help there.

I tried playing it again a few years ago on an emulator but just couldn't get into it. The controls really pissed me off. I might see if I've still got the game lying around and try it on my A500 with a joystick to see if I enjoy as much as I did all them years back, but somehow I dont think I will.