English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL data problems

Old 02 July 2005, 09:57   #1
Serus

Wrong links in HoL

Im not sure - but i assume its the correct forum to post this stuff.
I found few mistakes/errors on Hol pages.

Taekwondo Master/Super Taekwondo Master (1996, Mirage) has a Lemon link directing to a Lemon entry about Taekwndo (Anco 1987), two different games (developer, publisher, year (87 vs 96), everything). The fun part is - the link on Lemon page about Anco game is directing to HoL Mirage game ...

Evil's Doom is listed as "unrealesed" but some posters on EAB forums already posted it isnt the case - look here for: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...=Evil%27s+Doom
maybe someone could confirm this - was Evil's Doom ever distribued directly by Olympia? I rmember reading posts of people who bought this game directly from the developer. If yes - then the entry should be changed.

HoL is a great project - best database about Amiga games on the net, i really enjoy it - thanks for all the effort put in this project.

Old 02 July 2005, 18:20   #2
Joe Maroni

Send a message via MSN to Joe Maroni
Evils doom was never released...
Old 03 July 2005, 00:08   #3
Serus

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_to
Evils doom was never released...
Are you sure - i read posts (at least two different people, maybe three) who claimed that they bought the game directly form the developers (Olympia) - it was never distribued by Titan, but if it was sold by the devlopers directly - then it was released imo.
IF its only an "amiga myth" - then maybe it is worth mentioning on the HoL page that a beta version has leaked out - can be found on the net, and altough bugged is fully playable.

Old 03 July 2005, 00:11   #4
RetroMan

It was "sent" to some people but it was never "released" so that you can buy it .... so the Info on HOL is correct on this one
Old 04 July 2005, 20:57   #5
Serus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroMan
It was "sent" to some people but it was never "released" so that you can buy it .... so the Info on HOL is correct on this one
IF a title was commercialy SOLD (not "sent" as you wrote) - then it was released imo - even if distribution was very limited... Otoh maybe it never happened (or my definition of "released" is wrong)
Another point - i saw on CAPS home page they are looking for it... so i assume they consider it released... (or is CAPS preserving unreleased titles too ?)

Old 04 July 2005, 22:48   #6
RCK
Administrator

About all dead/strange link to LemonAmiga, you should contact Kim Lemon directly here as he is responsible of his own HOL's link
Old 22 July 2005, 02:30   #7
Leki

well i guess this goes from what you define "released" as. For me Evil's Doom was released as you could buy the game with the box and manual from the game developers. only the very early people to send money to them got a copy, i was just too late and got asked if i wanted to be sent the Special edition for free instead when it was out. i said i would wait for that ....which i never got

So it was released with box and manual for a very short time. This is different from "unreleased" or "leaked beta".

"Evil's Doom SE" was unreleased though
Old 26 July 2005, 14:04   #8
fiath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serus
Another point - i saw on CAPS home page they are looking for it... so i assume they consider it released... (or is CAPS preserving unreleased titles too ?)
Yep. Just as long as it is commercially duplicated, or obtained from a trusted source (the master disk from the author for example).