English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 22 November 2008, 01:28   #1
D4Ni3L3
Registered User
D4Ni3L3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Milano,Italy
Posts: 293
Send a message via MSN to D4Ni3L3
.Dms to .ADF

Hello Mates,

I have tried XDMS V1.3 at this site :

http://www.marksplace.f9.co.uk/amipctools.html

but what I really need to do is processing all the files ending .dms into .adf.

The XDms seems to process only one flie at the time and I have to do the command each time for the conversion.

Do you know another tool doing this or another syntax.

I see that xdms.exe u *.dms *.adf only convert the 1st file of the directory!

Any idea?

thanks


D4Ni3L3 is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 01:35   #2
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

davideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston Lincs
Posts: 1,288
I've used a utility on my PC for converting DMS files to ADF but I can't remember its bluddy name.

I'll have a hunt a round because I'm sure I've still got it somewhere.

Dave G
davideo is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 02:47   #3
poohbear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto / Canada
Posts: 65
With cmd.exe (Command Prompt): for %i in (*.dms) do xdms "%i"
poohbear is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 03:03   #4
alkis21
Zone Friend
alkis21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Athens, Greece
Age: 44
Posts: 1,295
Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Quote:
Originally Posted by davideo View Post
I've used a utility on my PC for converting DMS files to ADF but I can't remember its bluddy name.
ADF Opus maybe?
alkis21 is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 05:15   #5
OddbOd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 42
Posts: 663
xdms u *.dms works perfectly here, you shouldn't need to specify an output filename.

That copy of xDMS is 10 years old and several fixes/improvements have been made since including a fault tolerant mode to unpack damaged DMS files. Attached is a freshly baked copy including a little secret sauce, it's compiled for DOS so it should be compatible with all Windows versions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip xdms-1.3.2-mod.zip (145.9 KB, 705 views)
OddbOd is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 08:20   #6
D4Ni3L3
Registered User
D4Ni3L3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Milano,Italy
Posts: 293
Send a message via MSN to D4Ni3L3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddbOd View Post
xdms u *.dms works perfectly here, you shouldn't need to specify an output filename.

That copy of xDMS is 10 years old and several fixes/improvements have been made since including a fault tolerant mode to unpack damaged DMS files. Attached is a freshly baked copy including a little secret sauce, it's compiled for DOS so it should be compatible with all Windows versions.
Hello OddbOd many thaks but I have something weird: I put xdms command into C: where I have all my .dms files and tyoe xdms u *.dms into the prompt line of XP and only the 1st .dms is converted. What can I do to make the whole directory? I mean all the files inside C: ending with .dms?

Many Thanks
D4Ni3L3 is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 11:11   #7
a4k-oerx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: EU
Posts: 119
Lightbulb OT: WinUAE can use .DMS directly

Small hint, a little bit off topic, but maybe interesting to know that WinUAE can use .DMS also directly without converting to .ADF

WinUAE / Host / Disk swapper / .adf or .dms or ...

or

WinUAE / Hardware / Floppy drives / .adf or .dms or ...
a4k-oerx is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 12:12   #8
OddbOd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 42
Posts: 663
That's very strange, did you try poohbear's suggestion? for %i in (*.dms) do xdms u "%i"
Does adding the -v switch tell you what might be going wrong?
Have you ever had problems with other programs not processing wildcards correctly?

@a4k-oerx: Did you know that WinUAE will automatically crack encrypted DMS archives?
OddbOd is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 12:28   #9
a4k-oerx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: EU
Posts: 119
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddbOd View Post
@a4k-oerx: Did you know that WinUAE will automatically crack encrypted DMS archives?
Yes, I saw it in archivers\dms\pfile.c when reading WinUAE sourcecode...
a4k-oerx is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 14:20   #10
D4Ni3L3
Registered User
D4Ni3L3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Milano,Italy
Posts: 293
Send a message via MSN to D4Ni3L3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddbOd View Post
That's very strange, did you try poohbear's suggestion? for %i in (*.dms) do xdms u "%i"
Does adding the -v switch tell you what might be going wrong?
Have you ever had problems with other programs not processing wildcards correctly?

@a4k-oerx: Did you know that WinUAE will automatically crack encrypted DMS archives?
I am sorry I do not understand the syntax suggested by PoohBear.
How is the full command?
Is it from the DOS Prompt or into START->EXECUTE?

Thanks
D4Ni3L3 is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 14:38   #11
OddbOd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 42
Posts: 663
Assuming you have your DMS files and xdms.exe in C:\ then open a command shell (Start -> run -> cmd) and run it from there.

Example:
Code:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\OddbOd>cd \

C:\>for %i in (*.dms) do xdms u "%i"

C:\>xdms u "4DSportsBoxing-1.DMS"
File 4DSportsBoxing-1.DMS was correctly unpacked to 4DSportsBoxing-1.adf


C:\>xdms u "4DSportsBoxing-2.DMS"
File 4DSportsBoxing-2.DMS was correctly unpacked to 4DSportsBoxing-2.adf


C:\>
OddbOd is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 18:10   #12
BippyM
Registered User

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 44
Posts: 8,784
I have a bat file with

Code:
xdms.exe u *.dms *.adf
and it works fine
BippyM is offline  
Old 22 November 2008, 19:15   #13
D4Ni3L3
Registered User
D4Ni3L3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Milano,Italy
Posts: 293
Send a message via MSN to D4Ni3L3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddbOd View Post
Assuming you have your DMS files and xdms.exe in C:\ then open a command shell (Start -> run -> cmd) and run it from there.

Example:
Code:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
 
C:\Documents and Settings\OddbOd>cd \
 
C:\>for %i in (*.dms) do xdms u "%i"
 
C:\>xdms u "4DSportsBoxing-1.DMS"
File 4DSportsBoxing-1.DMS was correctly unpacked to 4DSportsBoxing-1.adf
 
 
C:\>xdms u "4DSportsBoxing-2.DMS"
File 4DSportsBoxing-2.DMS was correctly unpacked to 4DSportsBoxing-2.adf
 
 
C:\>
thanks OddBod it works like a charm and it's very fast.
ADF Opus is great too!!!

many thanks AMIGOS!!!!
D4Ni3L3 is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ADF to DMS Megamix support.Other 20 20 September 2009 20:47
Dms 2 Adf ??? plasmatron support.WinUAE 19 25 March 2008 12:03
DMS>ADF how? Dastardly support.Apps 3 21 August 2003 03:28
DMS vs. ADF Akira Retrogaming General Discussion 32 16 October 2001 18:03
ADF to DMS Unregistered support.WinUAE 1 03 April 2001 16:25

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.07736 seconds with 14 queries