English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 15 August 2014, 12:48   #1
virtualnut

setting up indi mk2cr

just installed this hardware, copied superplus.config to prefs, changed screen mode to highgfx via the indi config tool. keeps asking if monitor is installed and flash write failed, what am i doing wrong.

if anyone can link me the directory structure of where and what files i need, id appreciate it

many thx in advance
Old 15 August 2014, 18:04   #2
Seblington
Amiga Nutter

Send a message via AIM to Seblington
FINALLY!!! I can offer help :-)

OK, you need to first make sure the different monitor you are trying to use in the Indivision software exist in the DH0EVS/Monitors folder, but for now, the first one you want to try would be PAL (UK)

I have been playing with mine for some time, getting the Amiga display to fit my LCD is near to impossible but try the following

Left box select PAL
Middle box select 800X600 60Hz ( I dont have any V or H offset, defaults to 72 and 15)
Press test, don't click accept if the screen is messed.

For workbench I downloaded Super72 interlaced which runs a 800X600 and fits the screen perfectly (not too much strain on the board either), but you are going to have fun with almost everythinf else
Old 15 August 2014, 18:15   #3
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Here you've got some indications to run the best config:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=920520&postcount=97

If you want to run HighGFX you must first download and copy it to Devs:Monitors and reboot. The link to download HighGFX is also in my post.
Old 15 August 2014, 22:31   #4
Seblington
Amiga Nutter

Cheers Retrofan, I was using Super72 and it jumped all over the place, but this one works spot on :-) there's only one issue I just cant get around, Protracker does not display right, I either have it my way and a huge black border all the way around, or use your file and the bottom is cut off.
Old 15 August 2014, 23:11   #5
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seblington View Post
Cheers Retrofan, I was using Super72 and it jumped all over the place, but this one works spot on :-) there's only one issue I just cant get around, Protracker does not display right, I either have it my way and a huge black border all the way around, or use your file and the bottom is cut off.
I will have to try it. Do you say Superplus? Have you tried with HighGFX 800x600 too? And did you adjust the overscan on prefs?

Edit: Well, thinking well, it is not SuperPlus or HighGFX, it has it's own screen. Try with overscan and tell.
Old 17 August 2014, 13:12   #6
virtualnut

continuation of this thread....

issue 1.

dl'd files suggested by retro, ty, installed to the directories again suggested by retro and rebooted, however, when i ran this it still says, hardware not installed (im using dvi to hdmi), run anyway, after i select yes, config window comes up.

selected highgfx 800x600 60hz, rebooted, indi screen displayed 800x600 60hz, but it went back to 640x256 in workbench, currently running 1024 res, but uses too much chip memory.

now my ? is, could this be because im using hdmi instead of vga

issue 2.

since installing the indi card, the gotek fails to read any adf either at boot or while in workbench, floppy light is on constantly, checked all cables, all correct, worked flawlessly before the indi was installed, any1 having this issue.

next step, try indi on another lcd tv

thx for any assist as always
Old 18 August 2014, 11:56   #7
Seblington
Amiga Nutter

Hello Retrofan, how do I fiddle with the overscan? I can play with the V H offset but not sure about the overscan settings.

virtualnut; the HDMI and VGA shouldn't make a difference, but making sure, did you go into the standard screen pref settings od Workbench and select HIGHGFX 800X600 there too? have to do it in both workbench pref and Indivision pref.
In answer to issue 2, does the Gotek work if you remove the Indivision?
Old 25 August 2014, 12:04   #8
virtualnut

update #2

tried both of what seb mentioned, changed screen res in both wb and indi prefs, still nada, tried on different lcd tv, still the same, ill stick with 1024 res for the time being, gotek still does not work with indi fitted, now another issue, sound

as we know, scart to video has built in audio cables, now heres where i misunderstand, i bought a rca to rca cable, i would assume these are phono jacks correct?

plugged into audio ports on miggy and audio ports on tv, no sound whatsoever, is there something im missing, surely the connection should be straightforward or do i need an amp?

as always thx in advance for any assist

regards