Amigaholic

Oh boy I've just deleted bioshock Infinite.... simply awful
Old 03 August 2013, 10:55   #3023
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Oh boy I've just deleted bioshock Infinite.... simply awful
You'll have to back that up if you don't want people to think you're just one of those critics that talks smack about games to feel important. The game is actually quite good, especially compared to games that really are utter shit so I can't take a claim like this seriously unless I make myself believe this is the first game you've ever played.
Old 03 August 2013, 17:42   #3024
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

I've now completed Bioshock Infinite. Strange but compelling ending.

Back to playing GRID now. I've recently "borrowed" my kids xbox360 controller; so much better to play GRID with than the Logitech controller (no rumble and PS2-esque type controls) I need to avoid crashing/going over rumble strips too often before I attain permanent twitches in my arms! Not used to that (yeah, I know, can be disabled ).
Old 03 August 2013, 19:01   #3025
Thorham
Computer Nerd

World of Warcraft Tried it before, but I've finally gotten into it now.
Old 04 August 2013, 00:00   #3026
MatteoM1990

Genetic Species from Aminet.
Nice game, but with the latest patch im stuck on 640X480 using RTG mode...

Old 04 August 2013, 10:43   #3027
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
World of Warcraft Tried it before, but I've finally gotten into it now.
You poor man. Save your brain and stop, or before we know it you'll be talking about nothing but how well your raiding went last night a 4 when your guild was online and demanding your participation.
Old 04 August 2013, 12:52   #3028
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Rise of the Triad 2013...

The game is really exceptionally cool and is as an FPS is supposed to be... but apparently also bugged to hell right now. The game just refused to start level 2 for me, just no reaction at all to any key or mousepress except for all the other functions you can do, like listen to the mission briefing. Plenty of other problems reported on the Steam forums too.

I would wait until a few patches have been released before buying it.
Old 04 August 2013, 13:23   #3029
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
You poor man. Save your brain and stop, or before we know it you'll be talking about nothing but how well your raiding went last night a 4 when your guild was online and demanding your participation.
Yeah, you'd better join World of Spam Steam:
http://eab.abime.net/ot-gaming/70013...le-2013-a.html

You'll be talking about nothing but how well your purchases went last night, when your "friends" were online and how many games you have purchased that you will never play.
Old 04 August 2013, 13:44   #3030
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
You'll have to back that up if you don't want people to think you're just one of those critics that talks smack about games to feel important. The game is actually quite good, especially compared to games that really are utter shit so I can't take a claim like this seriously unless I make myself believe this is the first game you've ever played.
Well after building a new system and reinstalling Windows I fortunately lost all my saves, so won't be installing it again to finish it

After playing Bioshock 1 and then Bioshock 2, I can speak from experience that Bioshock Infinite doesn't add anything new or interesting and is just same old same old!! Vigors just replace Plasmids, Money replaces ADAM and Salts replace EVE so same game different names. Also saw loads of footage in previews and trailers and none of that was in the final game as they CUT so much out that we got a watered down version. Probably why we have DLC nowadays, make the game then cut it up into bits and make you pay for the bits, just another way of making money out of game players.

Bioshock was the only game in the series where you could go back and forth between areas, so if you wanted to leave the Big Daddy fights you could or just leave and explore then comeback, you could. Since Bioshock 2 they took the decision to close off an area once you exited it, same in Infinite. So, if you like to explore and take your time you can't as you have to run around 1 area until you complete it or just press on and miss out.

I found myself using the same 2 weapons nearly all the time (Machine Gun and Burstgun) with an occasional swap to the RPG or Chaingun, so the game offered no challenge regards enemy invulnerability to certain weapons so no tactics needed to defeat them. Also can't remember using any Vigors repeatedly, in fact I forgot about them and just shot everything! The Sky Rail was just a gimmick, saw some footage of big Sky Rail fights that looked really impressive, except they wasn't in the game just a few token fights that you had to do.

Elizabeth as a companion was a waste of time, she just a picked a lock, tossed you a few coins or openened Tears, not exactly an impressive array of talents is it and just became an annoyance, tried multiple times to kill her but the game won't let you

I've forgotten this game now so time to move on (or not) to the next overhyped DLC.
Old 04 August 2013, 16:32   #3031
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Yeah, you'd better join World of Spam Steam:
http://eab.abime.net/ot-gaming/70013...le-2013-a.html

You'll be talking about nothing but how well your purchases went last night, when your "friends" were online and how many games you have purchased that you will never play.
Nice.
Old 04 August 2013, 17:02   #3032
Nobby_UK

Just fired up Street Fighter 2

Does not (WHDload) support 2 button pads (No Punch)

Old 04 August 2013, 21:04   #3033
Cpt. Hindsight

Another useless steam discussion here?
OK, I don't mind.
Leave me alone with all those m*****f*cking stuff. I will not buy any software title from one of those DRM contaminated sites.
Steam? No
Origin? Na
Uplay? Haha
Any of the other services? Guess what? FU all.
Maybe I should have opened a new thread called "Is there anyone not hating the major publishers?"
Old 05 August 2013, 08:42   #3034
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Who's discussing? There is only sniping going on here. We keep that stuff to the off-topic sections where it belongs so people with a potty mouth and a short fuse don't have to be bothered by it.
Old 10 August 2013, 18:50   #3035
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Legend of Legaia

I needed to check a few things regarding this game for the latest PCSXbox v22 beta and now I'm 32 hours in.
It sucks you right in this game, brillant stuff.
Old 21 August 2013, 20:55   #3036
boyblue

I'll be playin' Battle Squadron and Silkworm whilst trying to keep 3x young children away from my precious A1200. With a Kempston Competition Pro joystick!!

Old 21 August 2013, 21:19   #3037
Basquemactee1
Old Fart New WinUAE user

Fired up WinUAE and having a round of Microprose Golf.....gotta get my handicap down.....
Old 21 August 2013, 21:54   #3038
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basquemactee1 View Post
Fired up WinUAE and having a round of Microprose Golf.....gotta get my handicap down.....
The pinnacle of golf games imho. Me and my ol' man (RIP) played this for hours back in the day. Amazing 3D moving (yes, moving!) scenery. Don't think any other golf game on the Amiga had that?

Currently playing: Lego Indiana Jones The Original Adventure. Think I'm having a "youth" moment.... LOL.
Old 21 August 2013, 23:46   #3039
dJOS

I'm playing Sierra's Conquests of Camelot ATM, got it for 99c recently
Old 23 August 2013, 12:55   #3040
Lord Riton

Dragon's Dogma, Dark Arisen. (on Xbox 360)

Wow ! that game is the BOMB !!
I already tryed it 2x earlier, but never really got into it , mainly because of it's horrible interface and inventory manadgement (at least on Xbox 360, no clue how it is on PC).

To make it short: It's much better than Skyrim for me, ones you get over the inventory/interface, and i hope you will, because you will miss on a great! great! game if not !
The graphics are more realistic than skyrim, the dungeons much more individual (not only 3 or 4 graphic sets like for Skyrim) and well designed. I like the monsters and the combat style a lot, also of course that you can hire up to 3 others computer controled chars, wich AI is really good, compared to most AIs character we can find in other games. The group mobs are hudge and many differents do exist. (comparaison to Skyrim because i have both, and both on xbox 360, also the games are close enough for such a comparaison, not comparing with the PC versions)

In one word: the close to perfect RPG game for me !! (Ok that were more than 1 word, ah well )

Edit: I also recently re-played "Enclave", on the first/original Xbox, and that game got really underestimated IMHO. It's like the Dark souls from the first Xbox, very hard game, but far from imppossible, and really fun to explore all levels, and to find all gold. The fights are tough, and you can die easily, and restart the whole level in that case. But such a great, and beautifull game !! .. Would love to see an HD remake of it.

Last edited by Lord Riton; 23 August 2013 at 22:48.