English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 30 June 2011, 22:37   #21
laffer
Zone Friend

I wonder what the "secret code" you get at the end is for (TOKUGAWA)... couldn't figure that out... tried entering it in the high score table, just enough letters.. but nothing happened.
Old 01 July 2011, 13:16   #22
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Laffer, you must be the most patient guy in history.
Great effort and nice longplay.

Btw it's really too bad there's only one tune in the whole game.
Old 04 July 2011, 01:56   #23
laffer
Zone Friend

Haha thanks... I'm actually not very patient at all but this game was somewhat of a special case - I have most of the other ports of the LN games on my channel, this was really the only one missing (there are some other ports I haven't recorded but those are identical to ports I have done... this was the only really different port I hadn't recorded yet).
So that motivated me quite a bit, and so did searching for the game on Youtube and finding nothing at all... not even small gameplay clips.
Meaning I finally had a chance to upload something that hadn't already been done, which is becoming more and more rare now that so many people record games.

I agree about the music, of course - it really should have had more tunes, especially since the one tune in the game is half-decent.
It's a bit ironic how the most memorable feature of the LN games, the music, is so poorly done in most of the ports.

I suspect the game was quite rushed, maybe that's why. The reason I think it was rushed is there are parts of the game that seem unfinished such as the lack of any ending sequence (just some text), and the lack of a final boss (all you get is a regular enemy that keeps attacking much faster than other enemies).
There are also some items in the game without any use (the two I remember from the top of my head are the fish and the gold coins).
Old 04 July 2011, 10:45   #24
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffer View Post
I agree about the music, of course - it really should have had more tunes, especially since the one tune in the game is half-decent.
Amiga versions too? I found them quite memorable to be honest. Not brilliant, but a nice tune that fits the game. Even in the Amiga era they already had a retro feeling to them
Old 04 July 2011, 11:06   #25
laffer
Zone Friend

Hmm maybe the subpar gameplay in the Amiga versions affected my impression of the music as well a bit... now that you mention it, Last Ninja 1 and 3 on the Amiga have decent enough music afaik.
Old 05 July 2011, 18:03   #26
switchblade

Nice job getting the footage, laffer!

That Archimedes port still looks and feels dreadful to play. And it's kinda disappointing to know that there is only one tune throughout the entire game. At least it was half-decent, compared to the rest of the game.