English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 December 2007, 14:58   #1
sych

Winuae Kaillera latest release and some games

Hello, it's my first post here.

I manage to grab the ultimate beta release from winuae-kaillera (Many years have passed since the last beta, but there is no new version).

The problem is the following:
I managed to play some games over Internet like Lotus 2 and Twintris, since I did manual configuration for this games (adf version)

I tried to play Alien Breed Special Edition 92, configured it but can't get it to work. Why? Simple...

At some point of the game it asks for Disk #2 on DF0. I can't change the disk because this kaillera version doesn't have de Disk GUI to change while running the game. I tried to edit the configuration file and rename the adf to trick it to load the Disk #2 from DF0, but it doesn't work.

Anyone got an idea to solve this? It's one problem that will afect every game of more than 1 disk, that only uses DF0.

Old 17 December 2007, 15:03   #2
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

yes, you will be much better off using an HD version of the game, because the beta winuae-kaillera is notoriously difficult to use.

visit http://amigaonline.pspuae.com and have a look in the downloads section.

If you cant find what you want there, PM me or find me in the site chat, and i'll send you a working version of the games you're after, as i'm currently doing a massive site / downloads update over the christmas season.
Old 17 December 2007, 18:53   #3
Ed Cruse

At the risk of sounding stupid, what's the reason for using Winuae Kaillera? Wouldn't downloading the latest WinUAE solve the problem of using .adf files?
Old 17 December 2007, 18:54   #4
spiff
Oh noes!

http://www.google.se/search?q=Winuae...ient=firefox-a
Old 18 December 2007, 01:12   #5
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Cruse View Post
At the risk of sounding stupid, what's the reason for using Winuae Kaillera? Wouldn't downloading the latest WinUAE solve the problem of using .adf files?
becuase he wants to play the games online.

you cant do that without kaillera, and winuae-kaillera itself is a non-updated or maintained project. Lumbering its users with an old version of winuae

anyway, i've spoken to sych, and he's getting there!
Old 19 December 2007, 16:58   #6
Ed Cruse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
becuase he wants to play the games online.

you cant do that without kaillera, and winuae-kaillera itself is a non-updated or maintained project. Lumbering its users with an old version of winuae

anyway, i've spoken to sych, and he's getting there!

Ah, thank you for the info.

Why isn't it being maintained? Would it be all that difficult to upgrade winuae-kaillera to the latest winuae?
Old 19 December 2007, 19:46   #7
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

no one who codes is interested in doing it.

including Toni Wilen.
Old 15 May 2008, 23:46   #8
NoX1911

Regarding Kaillera or multiplayer capabilities in general? DirectPlay is dead but there are other netcodes/Apis available. Not sure about licenses (LGPL anyone?).

http://www.hawksoft.com/hawknl
http://www.opentnl.org/
http://www.rakkarsoft.com/

Not interested at all?
Old 26 May 2008, 23:30   #9
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sych View Post
At some point of the game it asks for Disk #2 on DF0. I can't change the disk because this kaillera version doesn't have de Disk GUI to change while running the game. ...
Anyone got an idea to solve this? It's one problem that will afect every game of more than 1 disk, that only uses DF0.
What about the ancient key combination to change disk in DF0:? Already even worked with ages-old 0.8.6 versions.
Try END+F1 to change disk in DF0:; END+F2 to change disk in DF1:

HTH